Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2023, 05:37 AM

323 posts, read 135,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie104 View Post
I don't think it is about the quality of her voice. It is the way she makes her fans feel -- understood. There is a universality of the feelings her lyrics envoke as well as her engaging stage persona. I have seen her on talk shows and she is articulate about her vulnerabilities and insecurities with remarkable resilience. When she was 19, she appeared on SNL, wrote and sang her monologue using caustic humor. She is understands her audience very well.
Well, that's what artistic expression is all about. An artist creates a work in order to evoke emotion in whoever consumes (sees/hears/etc.) that content. Some people get so hung up on technical proficiency that they completely miss this.

Taylor Swift's creations make people feel. Not me, but tastes are subjective; every last bit of music that touches me deeply leaves many others bored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2023, 07:22 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,117,303 times
My wife and adult daughter are going to the movie of the concerts today. I'm happy to be working, since I wouldn't go anyway,
but . . ..

I have to admit that it's nice to see that she has provided this opportunity for people that couldn't afford to go to the concerts, or couldn't get tickets with the Ticketmaster fiasco.

Old 10-26-2023, 12:40 PM

18,116 posts, read 11,751,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Good grief! How much further would you have wanted Elvis to go? He's been dead for more than four decades (1977) and we're still talking about him as though he were still here!

You misunderstood my statement. I meant if Elvis had a good management promotional team, he would have gone further than Las Vegas. Elvis wanted to go on a World Tour but he had Tom Parker, a Vegas gambler as his manager.

Old 10-27-2023, 09:06 AM

3,450 posts, read 2,777,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
You misunderstood my statement. I meant if Elvis had a good management promotional team, he would have gone further than Las Vegas. Elvis wanted to go on a World Tour but he had Tom Parker, a Vegas gambler as his manager.
Parker had emigrated illegally to the United States and was allegedly afraid of being deported to the Netherlands. Apparently, Elvis didn’t know the truth about the man born Andreas Cornelius van Kuijk.

Old 10-28-2023, 06:27 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I don't know either. I speculate she must of made a deal with the devil. Some of these celebrities seem to be said to do so. Fame for what? Whatever the price, it has to be something she really should of kept.
cant stand the woman... and dont get it either..

Old 10-28-2023, 07:09 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I don't know either. I speculate she must of made a deal with the devil.
What?

How Taylor Swift helps people worldwide:
https://www.borgenmagazine.com/how-t...ple-worldwide/

Taylor Swift donates to food banks on ‘Eras Tour’ route:
https://www.today.com/food/news/tayl...tour-rcna99288

18 Of Taylor Swift’s Most Charitable Moments:
https://blog.greatnonprofits.org/18-...table-moments/

Old 10-28-2023, 01:03 PM

18,466 posts, read 31,624,300 times
I must be living under a rock or I am really old, but I don''t think I ever heard a song from TS that I'd be able to hum along. Even on the radio stations where pop music is played, I don't think I know, in fact, I know I don't know, one single sing she sings or any of the names of her songs. Surely she must have a real popular song, yet I have not a clue what it could be. LOL

Where as Madonna, I have heard all her songs on the radio back in the day, would be able to hum along, but for some reason TS, I have never heard, and I know she is really popular and everyone loves her and she is a billionaire...

Britney Spears, I know a few songs, "Toxic" comes to mind that I know, but I just feel like I have never heard a song where I'd say, Oh, that's TS.
Beyonce', I know her songs, I know I don't like any of them but I do know her songs.

What is TS type of music?, I was thinking like general pop music? maybe I'm missing something.

Last edited by nightcrawler; 10-28-2023 at 01:25 PM..

Old 10-28-2023, 07:06 PM

8,609 posts, read 10,140,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I must be living under a rock or I am really old, but I don''t think I ever heard a song from TS that I'd be able to hum along. Even on the radio stations where pop music is played, I don't think I know, in fact, I know I don't know, one single sing she sings or any of the names of her songs. Surely she must have a real popular song, yet I have not a clue what it could be. LOL

Where as Madonna, I have heard all her songs on the radio back in the day, would be able to hum along, but for some reason TS, I have never heard, and I know she is really popular and everyone loves her and she is a billionaire...

Britney Spears, I know a few songs, "Toxic" comes to mind that I know, but I just feel like I have never heard a song where I'd say, Oh, that's TS.
Beyonce', I know her songs, I know I don't like any of them but I do know her songs.

What is TS type of music?, I was thinking like general pop music? maybe I'm missing something.
I agree. I must be too old to care now. I appreciate that she's done a lot of charity work, but I don't find her creative at all, actually find her and her music/songs kind of bland. IMO, she also doesn't seem genuine (something just seems off about her or overly exaggerated) but does things for publicity purposes which I understand many celebs do as well...it just seems more noticeable with her.

Old 10-29-2023, 07:34 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Quote:
I must be living under a rock or I am really old, but I don''t think I ever heard a song from TS that I'd be able to hum along.
You know that you could hum along to "Shake it Off" (2014)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

Old 10-29-2023, 07:43 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,229,050 times
Quote:

It's like Kidz Bop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities