Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2023, 01:59 PM

2,995 posts, read 3,100,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston-nomad View Post
ts's music is beautiful, clever, and smart. She has a terrific voice.
lol......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2023, 02:08 PM

2,869 posts, read 1,148,822 times
OP, I don't get it, either.
She has a great financial and marketing team and a huge brand, but the girl is rather mediocre in talent, and seems a little dim. Appears that the men sure don't stick around for long, either.
To each their own.

Old 10-20-2023, 02:10 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,973,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
The wife and I like to go to small venues anytime we can.
I would see Jethro Tull.
I think that Taylor Swift would put on a good show (preferably a small venue).

Some times on occasion it’s best not to meet or see your hero’s.
Stevie Nicks with mostly her own new music was not worth the money for fuel.
Thank god she had Chrissie Hynde and the pretenders as a warm up act.
I am now a pretender fan .
Timing can be everything.....for I got into Stevie Nicks in the leg warmer era. But I am not one for concerts, so I have never seen someone on tour. Well, Circa Paleo perhaps but other than the Hot Violinist............

As for The Pretenders, now a fan there.....but probably because I am reading "Reckless".

Old 10-20-2023, 02:15 PM

2,024 posts, read 981,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Timing can be everything.....for I got into Stevie Nicks in the leg warmer era. But I am not one for concerts, so I have never seen someone on tour. Well, Circa Paleo perhaps but other than the Hot Violinist............

As for The Pretenders, now a fan there.....but probably because I am reading "Reckless".
I thought you didn't listen to music?

Old 10-20-2023, 02:36 PM

23,656 posts, read 13,973,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokuremote View Post
I thought you didn't listen to music?
Not via smart phone or blue puds, no. But at home with CDs, in the vehicle that has a CD player, yes.

In the past, while I have her CDs, often I've watched and listened to Jenny (nom de voyage "The Hot Violinist") in person.

Old 10-20-2023, 09:43 PM

1,122 posts, read 960,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenMM View Post
I don't get it? Tonight I looked at some of her videos on youtube, and now I REALLY don't got it. Why is this person so popular? I know music, and have seen just about everyone in concert. The Allman Brothers Band, Alice Cooper, Joan Baez, Dylan, B.B. King, Irma Thomas, Mahalia Jackson, Heart, Moody Blues, James Brown, you name it. My father was a musician and owned a small label record company.

She has this 13 year old voice and looks like a young teen in her videos. Her singing is not at all special. The media raves about her songwriting ability. It's pop! Help me out here. There are sooooooo many more talented people in music, even the street musicians in New Orleans are way better.

I agree with you - she sounds like a kid. She just has good promoters.

Old 10-21-2023, 12:08 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Love her and I love her songs.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-21-2023, 12:19 PM

44,622 posts, read 61,590,826 times
She's just like Elvis, Madonna, Lady Gaga etal, they're all good business people knowing how to capitalize on a certain niche and make a ton of money.
We all have our fad periods in life too.

Old 10-21-2023, 01:08 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,635,887 times
I don't "get it" either, but obviously she's filling a niche. I am just amazed that every single day there's at least one if not two, articles on MSM newsites.

Good explanations here, I have been wondering this for a long time.

I do respect that she urged her fans to get out and vote. That's a good thing.

Old 10-21-2023, 01:30 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,383,686 times
I like her and her music!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities