Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2023, 05:43 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,756,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
True, but too bad she chose to use F Bombs in nearly every song on her latest Midnight album. I have banned her in my house so my 13 year old cannot listen. Sure, she knows the words but I do not promote them or allow them to be said in our house. So, she is no better than Rodrigo or the other filthy mouth skanks.
How are you able to control what your kids listen to? My daughter goes in her room and I have no idea what she is listening to and technology these days makes it nearly impossible to control. That said, its hard to find any popular music these days that doesnt have underlying messages or vulgar language in my opinion. Im pretty sure my parents didnt like my music growing up but it had no impact on the person I was or who I became. Its just music and when I hear the garbage my 14 year old listens to at times, I only wish it was Taylor Swift on her phone instead. As long as I dont hear it and it does not impact her ability to be a functioning, respectable human being, Im not going to ban her from listening to it.

If Taylor Swift is banned in your house, what is allowed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2023, 06:44 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Quote:
George and Ringo would not get writer credit for writing one line.
George Harrison wrote dozens of songs for the Beatles, some of which were better known than others, e.g. I Need You, Here Comes the Sun, Think for Yourself, and Savoy Truffle.

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/ranking...n-the-beatles/

Ringo wrote some lesser knowns, including Octupus's Garden: https://americansongwriter.com/6-son...r-the-beatles/

Old 11-08-2023, 06:52 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOORGONG View Post
I don’t know much about the add-on processes, but it seems to me like there is a modified voice in all the TS tunes I was subjected to. In that way, there certainly is an average feel across the board...
I was never a fan of Karen Carpenter's type of music, but apparently she had such a perfect voice, with her three-octave contralto range, that she was known as "One Take Karen." She would not have needed Auto-Tune had it existed back then.

Old 11-08-2023, 07:30 AM

2,079 posts, read 1,124,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I was never a fan of Karen Carpenter's type of music, but apparently she had such a perfect voice, with her three-octave contralto range, that she was known as "One Take Karen." She would not have needed Auto-Tune had it existed back then.
Yes, as singers go, if you value a certain virtuosity, let's say over other qualities, she certainly had a very strong "talent", regardless of the MOR road the Carpenters took.

If we check the composer, interpreter boxes, I'm thinking of Joni Mitchell, Carole King, even Blondie, to me, the contrast between these and Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, and even Lady Gaga is brutally stark. The melodic and poetic strains in the latter group are weak, but that is my interpretation. I don't mean to insult.

Old 11-09-2023, 03:04 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,505,496 times
USA Today has put reporter Bryan West in a new position.

What is his position?.........Taylor Swift Reporter.

No, I'm not kidding.......that's his title on Microsoft Teams.

https://variety.com/2023/music/news/...re-1235781178/

Old 11-09-2023, 08:04 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,355,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
USA Today has put reporter Bryan West in a new position.

What is his position?.........Taylor Swift Reporter.

No, I'm not kidding.......that's his title on Microsoft Teams.

https://variety.com/2023/music/news/...re-1235781178/
What an embarrassing title to have!

Old 11-10-2023, 08:00 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
What an embarrassing title to have!
Well, so does another paper, the reporter makes 100K a year, so I'm sure that helps with the embarrassment.

It's estimated that she added 5 BILLION to the US economy with her latest tour. She gave all of her truck drivers a 100K bonus. Which is part of the 56M in total she gave as a bonus to her dancers, crew, techs, etc.

One of her concerts registered as a 2.3 earthquake on the richter scale..... it was the 70,000 concert goers... dancing.

There IS a lot to report on besides who she dating.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-13-2023, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
George Harrison wrote dozens of songs for the Beatles, some of which were better known than others, e.g. I Need You, Here Comes the Sun, Think for Yourself, and Savoy Truffle.

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/ranking...n-the-beatles/

Ringo wrote some lesser knowns, including Octupus's Garden: https://americansongwriter.com/6-son...r-the-beatles/
That is correct. You just agreed with me by writing that. He wrote those songs and many others and none of the other Beatles got a songwriting credit for their creative input. And they shouldn't. Ringo plays the most amazing drums on Long Long Long. But his playing has nothing to do with the songwriting, only the performance, Did George give any credit to the many indian musicians that played on Love You To or Within You Without You? No. And George didn't play on them at all. Ringo wrote Don't Pass Me By on his own. He got credit for that one. He is also listed as a writer on Flying, which is an instrumental throwaway. The point is, who ever wrote the song, the melody, the lyrics, should get a credit. Not some schmoe who came up with a beat or two words to a song.

Old 11-13-2023, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well, so does another paper, the reporter makes 100K a year, so I'm sure that helps with the embarrassment.

It's estimated that she added 5 BILLION to the US economy with her latest tour. She gave all of her truck drivers a 100K bonus. Which is part of the 56M in total she gave as a bonus to her dancers, crew, techs, etc.

One of her concerts registered as a 2.3 earthquake on the richter scale..... it was the 70,000 concert goers... dancing.

There IS a lot to report on besides who she dating.
That is nice of her. It is the least she could do. The Beatles single handedly saved Britain's economy in the 60s. They were even knighted for that reason. Of course, they were being taxed at 90%. I was told by one of the radiologists the other day that it is because of the Beatles that we have MRIs and other radiograph technology. Apparently, EMI, their record company, had a huge stake in investing into that technology. Maybe they should get a royalty for every MRI ever taken.

Old 11-14-2023, 09:28 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Taylor Swift is worth over 1 BILLION dollars today. Wow, that's a lot of dough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities