Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2023, 07:42 AM

401 posts, read 275,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticsfan08 View Post
That Netflix Documentary really didnt paint her in a good light

1.) It mentioned what a creep her dad was
2.) It claimed that Annas daughters (Dannilynn) father Larry was nothing but a user and looking to make a name for himself through Anna and thats why she took off to the Bahamas
3.) Annas friend from the 80s claimed her and Anna were married at one point. And Anna stole her childhood stories about being abused and passed them off as her own.

Does anyone plan to watch the Netflix Doc or already did
Is the Netflix doc. still on? I only saw one I think on E, and from what I have read through the years, she was a very troubled soul with a bunch of toxic, vampires in her life which led her down the wrong path and to death..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2023, 07:47 AM

401 posts, read 275,481 times
Quote:
stories about being abused and passed them off as her own.

Wow..never heard that one. But why is it once someone is dead and can't defend themselves, people start coming out of the woodwork with their "stories"

Old 05-21-2023, 08:04 AM

19,610 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Not sure the Netflix one is even worth giving time to.

I remember when she and her son died, I remember how crazy it was that Larry was fighting really hard to be the father of Dannilynn, right after her son died. Poor Anna was trying to grieve her son, take care of the baby, here is Larry going nuts fighting her in the press. I wouldn't doubt he was a reason she was using so many pills.

Larry has redeemed himself some in my eyes because of how he's raising her in private unlike had Anna been alive.
That may be true but the child needed to be protected. Anna was already doing a lot of drugs and spinning out of control. That sleezy lawyer Howard K. Stern had control of Anna and was manipulating her for his personal gain. Larry did the right thing to push at that time.

He does seem to be a good dad and his daughter obviously adores him.

Old 05-21-2023, 01:10 PM

17,353 posts, read 16,498,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That may be true but the child needed to be protected. Anna was already doing a lot of drugs and spinning out of control. That sleezy lawyer Howard K. Stern had control of Anna and was manipulating her for his personal gain. Larry did the right thing to push at that time.

He does seem to be a good dad and his daughter obviously adores him.
I agree that Larry was absolutely doing the right thing by pursuing custody of his daughter.

The fact that Anna Nicole was found dead from an accidental drug overdose in her room at the Hard Rock Hotel in Hollywood, FL only confirms how serious Anna's issues had become.

Old 05-21-2023, 03:37 PM

64 posts, read 41,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyYa80s View Post
Is the Netflix doc. still on? I only saw one I think on E, and from what I have read through the years, she was a very troubled soul with a bunch of toxic, vampires in her life which led her down the wrong path and to death..

Yes the Netflix one is a new one as it got released this past Tuesday. And some of the people speaking were friends with Howard K Stern and Howards sister was speaking. Almost made me think he secretly had a hand in making it. And Annas bodyguard from the Bahamas claimed Howard didnt make Anna take the drugs, she took it willingly

Last edited by Celticsfan08; 05-21-2023 at 04:10 PM..

Old 05-21-2023, 06:12 PM

19,610 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
Yes the Netflix one is a new one as it got released this past Tuesday. And some of the people speaking were friends with Howard K Stern and Howards sister was speaking. Almost made me think he secretly had a hand in making it. And Annas bodyguard from the Bahamas claimed Howard didnt make Anna take the drugs, she took it willingly
I didn't see it and probably won't. I don't think anyone had to make Anna take drugs. The drugs were available to her, Stern was an enabler but I think a shark as well. I wouldn't trust anyone in Anna's circle to be honest or trustworthy. I don't think she was controllable either or that anyone could have prevented her self destruction. She was absolutely devastated about the loss of her son and probably just wanted to be with him.

Old 05-22-2023, 12:11 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I didn't see it and probably won't. I don't think anyone had to make Anna take drugs. The drugs were available to her, Stern was an enabler but I think a shark as well. I wouldn't trust anyone in Anna's circle to be honest or trustworthy. I don't think she was controllable either or that anyone could have prevented her self destruction. She was absolutely devastated about the loss of her son and probably just wanted to be with him.
Just hope her lovely young daughter doesnt read this...

Old 05-22-2023, 11:06 AM

2,637 posts, read 1,173,205 times
Quote:
That definitely wasn't her best moment in her life marrying someone 70 years older then her with the general public thinking she was some type of gold digger
The media and his relatives were horrible to her. She was painted to be a gold digger. A gold digger does not get pregnant love her child and mourn the death of her son. A gold digger only cares about money and nothing else. That was not her. But I understand to some extend the feelings of her 70 yr old husbands doubts about her and her marrying for money. I think she really did care for him and even love him as a wife would. Maybe not sexually but then there is so much more to marriage than just sex. Now I see how the media is so far out of control even worse than back then.

Old 05-22-2023, 11:14 AM

735 posts, read 407,850 times
I don't understand why people feel sorry for her or blame other people for her death. She was given countless warnings about her risky behavior. Sadly, some people are born to die young.

Old 05-22-2023, 04:03 PM

3,234 posts, read 3,189,384 times
Quote:

1.) It mentioned what a creep her dad was
2.) It claimed that Annas daughters (Dannilynn) father Larry was nothing but a user and looking to make a name for himself through Anna and thats why she took off to the Bahamas
3.) Annas friend from the 80s claimed her and Anna were married at one point. And Anna stole her childhood stories about being abused and passed them off as her own.

My husband and I rented it last week. It’s very interesting. Yes, her dad was a not only a creep but an admitted rapist (thank goodness Anna fought him off—her young aunt many years earlier was not so fortunate).

Anna and Larry’s relationship was one where they mutually used each other. Anna wanted a second child, and she had met Danny at the Kentucky Derby where he was a photographer. They liked each other well enough and although Larry never agreed to sign away his parental rights, they agreed to make a baby. By then, they were sleeping in separate rooms and Anna couldn’t stand him (much). But make a baby they did.

Anna didn’t want Larry involved in her life, and apparently, in the Bahamas, whoever signs the birth certificate as the father of a child, is legally recognized as the father. So that’s why she and her attorney, Howard Stern, went to the Bahamas where she had the baby and Stern signed the birth certificate.

As for Anna’s friend, I don’t recall that she ever said she and Anna were married. But they were lovers. She loved Anna and was her assistant for awhile until Anna became more and more famous and changed. She said Anna was so sweet, and kind, but that the money and the drugs ruined her.

The documentary is well done. I recommend!

Last edited by wizrap; 05-22-2023 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: Typos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities