Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2023, 01:10 PM

64 posts, read 41,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLark2019 View Post
An acquaintance of mine met her through work and described her as too innocent.

Anna Nicole Smith had no business acumen to understand the nature of the modeling industry- on a level she trusted that "the good times" would last forever.

She was very similar to Elvis Presley in being too nice to want to stop the "gravy train" of her earnings because others profited from her success.

She was truly heartbroken over her son's sudden death. Bad people don't experience true grief.

Don't judge her so harshly. She was a small town Texas gal that hit the big time and could not anticipate the cruelty that happens when women become objects to market.

Bless her soul. We were lucky to know her total beauty.

I agree this poor woman didn't deserve half the criticism thrown at her. I wish people knew about the other side of her like the caring mom side to her son Daniel, her involvement with charities like PETA, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2023, 02:09 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,147,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticsfan08 View Post
I agree this poor woman didn't deserve half the criticism thrown at her. I wish people knew about the other side of her like the caring mom side to her son Daniel, her involvement with charities like PETA, etc.
Honestly people who mentored her early in her career found her to be bright and easy to work with.....

The tailspin of drugs and drama began much later.

A very wise man who hated his sudden fame said it best when he remarked that once a person acquires riches via fame and popularity, many people "come out of the wood work" with strong desires to latch on to that fame and popularity for their own gain.

Women don't like to be reminded that there are predatory people in the world of entertainment and even the arts. Those worlds can be intoxicating, insular, exciting and rewarding. To dwell upon the dark side of it all can be very frightening.

God rest her soul. The American saying for her tragic end is, "There are no free lunches." She got caught up in that world and it consumed her.

Old 03-16-2023, 02:12 PM

17,353 posts, read 16,498,076 times
Quote:
An acquaintance of mine met her through work and described her as too innocent.

Anna Nicole Smith had no business acumen to understand the nature of the modeling industry- on a level she trusted that "the good times" would last forever.

She was very similar to Elvis Presley in being too nice to want to stop the "gravy train" of her earnings because others profited from her success.

She was truly heartbroken over her son's sudden death. Bad people don't experience true grief.

Don't judge her so harshly. She was a small town Texas gal that hit the big time and could not anticipate the cruelty that happens when women become objects to market.

Bless her soul. We were lucky to know her total beauty.
I seem to remember a reality t.v. show that she did where she regularly belched as though that was endearing of her.

Old 03-16-2023, 02:50 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,147,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I seem to remember a reality t.v. show that she did where she regularly belched as though that was endearing of her.
They do that to fill up time.

Reality TV shows are very cheap to produce so they'll film everything from medical emergencies to bar fights- anything to get people tuning in...... Many many reality TV stars end up regretting being on these shows as the reruns can be re-aired for years and the public only knows these poor people as ....TV characters.

Don't hate celebrities. Pity them.

Old 04-17-2023, 06:38 PM

The first look at the Anna Nicole Smith documentary Netflix is releasing May 16. This documentary is supposed to be showing a different side to her of what was she like behind the lights and glamour and the side the public view doesnt know about

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5p-0WR...1pdGggbmV0Zmx4

Old 04-17-2023, 11:09 PM

17,353 posts, read 16,498,076 times
Quote:
They do that to fill up time.

Reality TV shows are very cheap to produce so they'll film everything from medical emergencies to bar fights- anything to get people tuning in...... Many many reality TV stars end up regretting being on these shows as the reruns can be re-aired for years and the public only knows these poor people as ....TV characters.

Don't hate celebrities. Pity them.
She posed nude, did that gross reality t.v. show, married an 89 year old man - all for money.

Apparently, she was willing to do a lot for the attention and to make a quick buck. Why should I feel sorry for her? Her own death was drug related and her only son died of an OD visiting her in the hospital after she gave birth to his little sister. Even the paternity of her sweet baby daughter was in question leading to a big hullabaloo of a custody dispute between the two potential baby daddies after Anna Nicole's death.

Innocent is not the word I would use to describe her.

Old 04-20-2023, 03:09 PM

1,375 posts, read 1,050,385 times
Quote:
Honestly? She always grossed me out a bit. She was intentionally trashy and uncouth.
This and a *****

Old 04-22-2023, 05:47 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,867,486 times
Quote:
She posed nude, did that gross reality t.v. show, married an 89 year old man - all for money.

Apparently, she was willing to do a lot for the attention and to make a quick buck. Why should I feel sorry for her? Her own death was drug related and her only son died of an OD visiting her in the hospital after she gave birth to his little sister. Even the paternity of her sweet baby daughter was in question leading to a big hullabaloo of a custody dispute between the two potential baby daddies after Anna Nicole's death.

Innocent is not the word I would use to describe her.
Couldn't rep you again but right on. But at the same time, I also feel like she honestly DID NOT KNOW ANY BETTER due to her past. What a waste of beauty that was.

Old 05-20-2023, 06:40 PM

That Netflix Documentary really didnt paint her in a good light

1.) It mentioned what a creep her dad was
2.) It claimed that Annas daughters (Dannilynn) father Larry was nothing but a user and looking to make a name for himself through Anna and thats why she took off to the Bahamas
3.) Annas friend from the 80s claimed her and Anna were married at one point. And Anna stole her childhood stories about being abused and passed them off as her own.

Does anyone plan to watch the Netflix Doc or already did

Old 05-21-2023, 05:56 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celticsfan08 View Post
That Netflix Documentary really didnt paint her in a good light

1.) It mentioned what a creep her dad was
2.) It claimed that Annas daughters (Dannilynn) father Larry was nothing but a user and looking to make a name for himself through Anna and thats why she took off to the Bahamas
3.) Annas friend from the 80s claimed her and Anna were married at one point. And Anna stole her childhood stories about being abused and passed them off as her own.

Does anyone plan to watch the Netflix Doc or already did

Not sure the Netflix one is even worth giving time to.

I remember when she and her son died, I remember how crazy it was that Larry was fighting really hard to be the father of Dannilynn, right after her son died. Poor Anna was trying to grieve her son, take care of the baby, here is Larry going nuts fighting her in the press. I wouldn't doubt he was a reason she was using so many pills.

Larry has redeemed himself some in my eyes because of how he's raising her in private unlike had Anna been alive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities