Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 06:58 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Well said brutha!! These girls pretty much built a financial empire by their (well, at least Kim's) beauty. I dont get why all the hate. Everyone knows that women who are considered extraordinarily beautiful become famous, for, well just being extraordinarily beautiful. Thing that Kim has on top of her amazingly good looks is that it turns out that she and her mom are quite the business people.

So to you women who say she has no talent, look at where she is on the earnings list from Hollywood. She's waaaaaay up there. Her talent is her business savy.

Why no hate for someone like a Charlize Theron? EVERYONE who is in the "know" in Hollywood (of which I am one of them) knows that she got to where she is by banging everyone who could help her. THAT is waaaaaaaaaay more awful than what the Kardashians have done.
Charlize has a talent...she is an actress...the Khardasians are famous for being obnoxious and wearing tons of make-up and hang great doctors...but they should tell Bruce Jenner that the wind tunnel look is ridiculous.

I do have to admit that I watch their show, just to have fun watching how stupid they are and seem to get away with it...

I do like Scott he act stupid but might be the smartest. I don't like the girls, they are spoiled rotten and make themselves look worse by the week...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 01:29 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,018,750 times
Kim became famous in 2007 with the sex tape with reggie bush. She has been rich & spoiled all her life.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:55 PM

769 posts, read 1,006,825 times
Quote:
Well said brutha!! These girls pretty much built a financial empire by their (well, at least Kim's) beauty. I dont get why all the hate. Everyone knows that women who are considered extraordinarily beautiful become famous, for, well just being extraordinarily beautiful. Thing that Kim has on top of her amazingly good looks is that it turns out that she and her mom are quite the business people.

So to you women who say she has no talent, look at where she is on the earnings list from Hollywood. She's waaaaaay up there. Her talent is her business savy.
I generally agree with this. I'll admit, I do like to watch/ "keep up" with the Kardashians & I find them very entertaining, in spite of the fact that I also disagree with many of the things that they may or may not do. If nothing else, you have to admit that this family (or at least Kris Jenner) is full of amazing business people. They definitely know how to make money (even if one doesn't always agree with their means of doing so). They indeed have created an "empire" in a relatively short amount of time. And like I said, whether you love them or loathe them, the thing I always say is that we can laugh at them until we're blue in the face, but they're laughing their way all the way to the bank! I know I'd love to have a fortune like they do, or even a fraction of it.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:59 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Kim became famous in 2007 with the sex tape with reggie bush. She has been rich & spoiled all her life.

the sex tape was with Brandy's brother Ray J, not Reggie Bush. . anyway, I would be very embarrassed if I were her, that sex tape was awful! She looked like a dead fish, laying there. I'm a virgin and pretty sure I could've done better than that! I don't know why any guy would marry her after seing that 'performance.'

Old 12-28-2011, 02:07 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,675,499 times
lol reggie bush has a sex tape now too?

Old 12-28-2011, 11:35 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
The first time someone asked me what I thought of those Kardashians, I thought they meant "Cardassians." I said "well, I think they were horrible for enslaving the Bajorans, and they should be banished to the gamma quadrant."
So, what was their reaction? The only time I have ever seen any of that show was when there were clips of it on The Soup. Saw one the other day with one of them talking to Bruce Jenner about a very (tee hee hee) private matter and it was rather sickening.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:45 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,890,741 times
I don't watch shows like the Kardashians, and the people who know me pretty much know that about me. So when I made the Cardassian reference, it just went over their heads, and they figured it was another geeky TracySam joke they wouldn't get. The other geeks like me thought it was hilarious.

I only caught a few seconds here and there of the show, and I was more appalled by the guy who used to be Bruce Jenner than I was by any of the slutty empty-headed women. This guy was a freaking HERO to my generation when we were children! We would play bionic man and bionic woman, but the kid playing Bruce Jenner would always beat both of them.

The guy was a real live super-hero in the '76 Olympics. Then after that, he was on every TV show, tons of commericials, cartoons would even have him guest-star. We had him on posters, lunch boxes, cereal boxes. Now he's a strange-looking victim of bad plastic surgery right up there with Al Pacino and Mickey Rourke. And he's on some show that garners him no respect at all, because it's about his real life, which also deserves no respect at all. So sad. He'd have been better off if he had died young, still a hero.

Hope Carl Lewis never lowers himself to having a reality TV show.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:56 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,826,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanstone1 View Post
My gorgeous smart just turned 21 years old wonders what the heck is with any Kardashian? What did any of them do to help any form of life even themselves? Sure, plenty of no brainers have made it and I respect them even if it's by stripping.

Selling your soul that Mom markets? Why do a single sect of Americans care? Just the first brick in forfeiting US humanity. For shame on the followers. Worshipping a false God can bring about results as Cesar.
Yeah, it's true, they don't really do much with their lives. Rob is unemployed still I believe and enjoys partying every night while Kim makes millions on a fake wedding. Kourtney enjoys fighting with Scott and Khloe just creates endless drama.

Mrs. Jenner has turned her family into quite a productive piece of society.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:43 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,024,647 times
i FINALLY had this show on the tv yesterday while i was cleaning house....

OMG.... it was (i guess) the first show of the season where they all move to new york and into a suite or something together.....

all i really got from this show is that those girls are spoiled, controlling brats... and i had to think ..... this is THEIR "reality" show.... if they are coming off this bad, i have to wonder what they are really like when the cameras are not rolling or the editors not editing.....

envious?? more like resentful or disgusted, i guess.... most of the rest of the people in this country go out and work and produce useful things or services and struggle to get by every month.... these girls do NOTHING beneficial to humanity and are ROLLING in $$$ .... what is wrong with THAT picture??

Old 12-30-2011, 03:07 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,191,382 times
Quote:

Why no hate for someone like a Charlize Theron? EVERYONE who is in the "know" in Hollywood (of which I am one of them) knows that she got to where she is by banging everyone who could help her. THAT is waaaaaaaaaay more awful than what the Kardashians have done.

Too funny.....No hate, just confusion. Sure beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I see plenty much better looking....go to Texas!

Being able to make money considered a talent? Sometimes it's no different from Bernie Madoff or anyone else who is able to dupe simple minded people that have no lives of their own to participate in. Sure making money could be considered a talent, con men do it all the time. I just don't happen to admire or desire others to emulate them. Integrity trumps making a buck any day in my book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities