Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2022, 07:11 PM

5 posts, read 2,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post

You have some sort of magic wand? A crystal ball maybe, that you can diagnose an animal by looking at it?

Because veterinarians regularly run MRIs for cats with runny noses and sneezes. OF COURSE YOU DIAGNOSE AN ANIMAL BY LOOKING AT IT. And asking about its behavior. They do this for human beings too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2022, 07:44 PM

5 posts, read 2,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad7863 View Post
I have been using Amoxicillin for years. I am what some people might call an educated consumer. when I go to the doctor, most cases, I go knowing exactly which prescription will be prescribed. going to the doctor to get a prescription for me, is most of the time, just a formality.

I can completely understand the dangers of people misusing antibiotics. However, if I can get the same medication that I know will be prescribed to me, at a fraction of the cost; you bet, I will consider it.
Having been laid off recently and not having health insurance, I cannot afford the formality of asking a doctor for a prescription that I know he will prescribe anyways. I cannot afford to pay for the doctor visit, nor the full retail price on the prescription which is at least 10 times more expensive then what I can find labeled as a pet medication (which is exactly the same medication)

Fish Mox (at least the variety that I am considering purchasing) is USP - Pharmaceutical Grade - It meets pharmaceutical standards for human consumption.

I appreciate the concern you have, but I feel that sometimes, with enough education I can make informed decisions about my own health. I also am cognizant of and accept the risks.

I ran across these forums doing research for Amoxicillin, so, this will likely be my first and last post.
Bingo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats