Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 02:29 PM

1,688 posts, read 8,148,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna B. View Post
I realize he will probably get socked in the nose a few times...poor little guy. I don't want him to get beat up.
It's not likely.

Aside from humans, animals don't engage in gratuitous violence. If a cat smacks the pup, it's for a reason - pup was out of line, pup didn't take warning seriously, pup was being obnoxious. The cat will make a point and once it's clear to the cat the pup's understood, that's it. The cat will undoubtedly throw the pup one last very evil glare and then saunter away to the theme of "Rocky" in his head.

Now I have had one, and only one (thankfully), cat who would walk up to a sleeping dog, a dog minding his or her own business, and smack it one. No claws, just a thump. Dog shoots out of large, comfy dog bed, and a very smug cat would get into large, comfy, preheated dog bed. If this cat had a motto, it would have been: "Because I can." Still, it wasn't malice and he never scratched or really bit (gnawing the odd tail because it's there doesn't count ). He just excelled in terrorising and intimidating canines and he knew it. He also enjoyed it and even better, it yielded such wonderful results!

Our old boy is 50% setter. One super dog who's just brilliant with cats.

Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats