Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 08:30 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,917,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Cyrus is clearly having a snit fit. Sooo cute, all of them.
LOL... Cyrus threw a snit fit for about 3 days, but now he's getting over it. I caught them playing together in the bathroom, which Cyrus will deny if you ask him.

Anyway, as you can see from the pics I just posted (on a new thread), she is adjusting beautifully - and completely LOVES my dog! She gave me quite a scare last night, though... I got home around 9:30pm after being gone all day, and she was missing from my bedroom. I tore the room apart, searched the rest of the house, the garage, and then went through the yard with a flashlight. No kitty. I was really starting to panic, when I heard a tiny mew coming from outside... I looked out there, and she was perched on the neighbor's fence! After some calling and food rattling, she finally came back to our side, and I grabbed her after a few attempts. Luckily she seems to know this is home & obviously wasn't trying to run away, or she would have gone farther than next-door. And she is wearing a collar with ID, so hopefully my neighbor would have called me eventually. I'm thinking about getting one of those magnetic pet-doors now, so I can control who comes and goes... eventually I'll let her have access to the yard, but not until she's been here for a while.

Aside from that she is doing well, although her suture area is irritated from the dogs licking it. I thought she was doing that at first, and was going to get an e-collar to stop her... but then I realized it's the dogs, so I am correcting them and supervising closely. Should I take her to the vet to have it checked out? The stitches are still in, but the area around is a bit swollen and red. I called the vet about it on Monday, and they suggested the e-collar (moot) and said to make sure the stitches didn't pop out. Hopefully it will heal okay!!

Last edited by gizmo980; 10-23-2008 at 11:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 04:34 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,462,440 times
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the pet forum but have a question. Similar situation to the OP's. I also adopted a rescue kitten (a dumpster baby) about 3 mos ago to keep my little 2 yr old - 5 lb Malti-poo (Gabby) company. They've gotten along fabulously since day one and are the best of friends. Seriously, the best move I've ever made. The kitten (Gabby's baby) has just within the last 2 weeks started exhibiting a strange behavior. She has just started nursing off of and kneading one of the blankets on my bed. I find her in there doing it quite often alone. Also every time I get in bed, she'll move really close to me so she can touch me and then start the whole nursing thing. We have no idea how old she was when she was abandoned, obviously it was way too early. I'm just not understanding why now she just started this nursing from the blanket thing.
When she does it I pat her and cuddle with her thinking she is just looking for some loving. Should I be doing something else? What is she lacking other than her mother and how can I make her feel better?

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

TIA.
Attached Thumbnails
Advice on rescue (kitten)-labor-day-08-007.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats