Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 03:50 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,415,243 times

Advertisements

LOL! Where have you been? (drumming my fingers on the table impatiently) And don't give me that old excuse of work, either!
Seriously...been thinking about you and that little one all day...hoping the "capture" goes well tonight! Fingers crossed for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 04:06 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
I called my 1st black& white kitty "Domino" - seemed to fit him, R.I.P.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:05 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
LOL! Where have you been? (drumming my fingers on the table impatiently) And don't give me that old excuse of work, either!
Seriously...been thinking about you and that little one all day...hoping the "capture" goes well tonight! Fingers crossed for you!
LOL... I actually am at work until 5 (PST), but I've been checking on her all day! The homeless guy (sorry I don't know his name) seems excited that she's going home, and promised to meet me outside at 5 to get her. I don't think it'll be much of a challenge, since she is getting more & more tame every day. Then it's off to the vet we go, where I'll probably leave her for the weekend. Here are a few better pictures of her... thinking now about calling her "Blaze" because of the little white blaze on her forehead. Also thought of the names Roxie, Daisy, Domino, Checkers, Maya, Thomasina, and a few others. Any suggestions are welcome!

Old 10-16-2008, 05:07 PM

FYI: I probably won't be able to post again until after 10 tonight, since I go right to orchestra rehearsal at 7... but I'll try to post a quick "got her!" from my cell around 6ish.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:33 PM

Got her without any problems, and dropped her at the vet. He said she is a she, a little over 5 lbs, and believe it or not 7-8 months old. Such a tiny thing! I'll post more details later... Thanks all!

Old 10-16-2008, 07:43 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,415,243 times
WhooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooo!
I was thinking she maybe older when I saw those teeth in the latest pics.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:40 AM

OK, so here are the details as promised! Her human friend was waiting anxiously when I got off work, and even got one of his buddies to help... one held the carrier, while the other simply scooped her up & dropped her in. She freaked out for a second, and meowed/hissed very loudly - but settled down once we got in the car. She definitely wasn't a happy camper (and even peed on herself, poor thing), but was sitting calmly and rubbed my finger when I stuck it through. After a long wait in the vet office, we finally got to see the doctor, and she was surprisingly well-behaved for him. He said she was very sweet, and will make a great pet. He initially agreed with my estimate of 3-4 months old, until he looked at her teeth - no baby teeth, as you noticed Shelby. So it's more like 7-8 months, even though she weighs a mere 5 lbs. Just a petite gal, I guess!

Soooooo, they are keeping her overnight and she'll be tested, vaccinated (if negative), de-wormed, de-flead, treated for a URI, and spayed. Whew! All to the tune of $300, which is actually a decent deal for this area. She will be ready either tomorrow evening or Saturday (most likely the latter), and then she comes home with me. Keep your fingers crossed for negative FLV/FIV tests, and I'll let you know how everything goes!

Old 10-17-2008, 12:45 AM

Oh, one more thing... the vet suspects she is not a feral, but rather a lost or abandoned pet - probably abandoned, because of the neighborhood surrounding my work (it's a rough area). He thinks this because of her tameness, but that could just be from the homeless "taking her in." We'll scan for a microchip, but otherwise I doubt she has an owner - it's like a small town there, and everyone knew about the library kitten. So if she did have an owner, they'd know she was there!

On a semi-related note, there is a new book coming out, which I just ordered for the library... called "Dewey: The small-town library cat who touched the world." The cat-lovers here should check it out! http://www.amazon.com/Dewey-Small-To...4226049&sr=8-1
And how ironic that I ordered this book last week...... I would love to name her after our library, but it's soooo not a cute name!

Old 10-17-2008, 06:09 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times
Awwwww.
After my own experience with adopting a kitty, I am not surprised to hear that she is older than she looks. Fingers crossed for the tests.
I've always loved the name Roxie, but I like all of the ones you mentioned.

Old 10-17-2008, 06:27 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,422,405 times
Agreeing with naming her Roxie! She's a survivor, as in Roxie's got moxie!! She is a beautiful tuxedo girl and very lucky to boot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats