Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2009, 08:25 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times

Advertisements

Poor Cyrus had to get a lion cut yesterday, since he was so matted... if he'd just let me NEAR him with a comb, this wouldn't happen! Anyway, I thought you'd all like to see how ridiculous he looks:

He does seem much happier, though...

P.S. I have to give a thumbs-up to Bow Wow Meow (in San Francisco), for doing a truly excellent job! No cuts/scrapes, an even shave, and they only charged $75 - which is $25 less than I paid for his last grooming session.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 08:27 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,250,942 times
Poor baby... No wonder he looks upset!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 08:52 PM

128 posts, read 470,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
Sooo pretty and cute!! I love them all. How did you get gray kitty to lay like that?

He likes to lay on his back. I just happened to have the camera handy when he was doing it. I actually have another where he is completely stretched out, straight as an arrow. I'll see if I can find it. He looks REALLY weird in that one! I just thought his facial expression was really funny in the one I posted.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
Poor baby... No wonder he looks upset!!!
To be fair, he always looks "upset" - it's a Persian thing, LOL. Here are a few pictures to prove it, when he was perfectly content and full-coated.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:10 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,953,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
To be fair, he always looks "upset" - it's a Persian thing, LOL. Here are a few pictures to prove it, when he was perfectly content and full-coated.

Oh my gosh he's so gorgeous ! While I was at the vet this weekend I saw an absoutely adorable grey persian kitten. His owner let me hold him, I didn't want to give him back.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:12 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,953,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
My daughter and her boyfriend recently adopted a little furry girl from the Humane Society, and I went out to visit them this afternoon with my camera. Having read some descriptions of the Ragdoll breed, I wonder if this little girl is at least part Ragdoll, as her coloring and eyes certainly seem to fit. Her coat is the softest, silkiest fur I've ever felt on a cat. The only real point of difference is that I've read that Ragdolls are enormous, and this is a tiny, petite little girl, only about 7 lbs right now. We think she's less than a year old, but aren't sure as she came to the Humane Society as a stray. In any case, she's a beauty, and she knows it. Here's Maebh:

MidwesternBookWorm, Maebh is absolutely GORGEOUS.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:57 AM

Location: Virginia, just outside of DC, our crooks are just dressed better than yours.
84 posts, read 307,590 times
Default Bubba and Friend

This is my baby boy. He loves his live toys. They're in the kitchen and dining area, what a fun day!
Attached Thumbnails
Cat pics!!!-img_2108.jpg   Cat pics!!!-img_2110.jpg   Cat pics!!!-img_2109.jpg  

Old 03-30-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
Oh my gosh he's so gorgeous ! While I was at the vet this weekend I saw an absoutely adorable grey persian kitten. His owner let me hold him, I didn't want to give him back.
Cyrus says thanks! He's actually called a Blue Persian, even though they appear more grey... I've had him since he was a kitten, and he's now 8 years old. Total sweetheart about 90% of the time, and a terror the other 10% of the time.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:42 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,332,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
MidwesternBookWorm, Maebh is absolutely GORGEOUS.
Thanks! She certainly thinks so, and so does my daughter; you'd never guess it from the regal pose, but she's a real firecracker and loves to play "chase the birdie" and "pounce on toes." Wish I had a camera that could catch action shots (or that I knew better how to use the one I've got!) so I could capture the leaps and mad dashes across the floor.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:27 AM

331 posts, read 1,384,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
Thanks! She certainly thinks so, and so does my daughter; you'd never guess it from the regal pose, but she's a real firecracker and loves to play "chase the birdie" and "pounce on toes." Wish I had a camera that could catch action shots (or that I knew better how to use the one I've got!) so I could capture the leaps and mad dashes across the floor.
If you're using a digital camera, it should have a setting to shoot short movie clips. I take short video clips of our dog that way. Never used it yet to capture cat antics though LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats