Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2014, 12:45 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,358,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhex View Post
Don't have a caption, but I'm a bit skeptical that photo is real. The tv antennas I've had experience with just aren't sturdy enough to support a cat... not to mention not being thick/wide enough to allow it to perch like that. Can't help but suspect some photo editing here. It is a very nice & pleasing scene though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 01:25 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,618,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Don't have a caption, but I'm a bit skeptical that photo is real. The tv antennas I've had experience with just aren't sturdy enough to support a cat... not to mention not being thick/wide enough to allow it to perch like that. Can't help but suspect some photo editing here. It is a very nice & pleasing scene though.
I thought it was a painting. But, I envy those people that are great with Photoshop.

Old 06-23-2014, 01:52 PM

20,361 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Nimbus being all majestic and things. Happy blinky eyes kitty.

Nimbus getting my foot. Unfortunately my phone's camera doesn't handle motion well.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
I thought it was a painting. But, I envy those people that are great with Photoshop.
It could be a painting. But the title below the picture says "Amazingly Timed Photos", so I assumed it was a photo. If it is, I still think it's been 'created'. If that's a metal pipe holding up the antenna, then there's no way the cat could have climbed up there.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
It could be a painting. But the title below the picture says "Amazingly Timed Photos", so I assumed it was a photo. If it is, I still think it's been 'created'. If that's a metal pipe holding up the antenna, then there's no way the cat could have climbed up there.
True. I created a painting out of a real picture of Mimi:

Cameras can be amazing. But, I think this was a painting or at least really manipulated photo.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:05 PM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Well, we know Nimbus isn't photoshopped! He's such a handsome boy. I love his little grey nose.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

Nimbus getting my foot. Unfortunately my phone's camera doesn't handle motion well.
Cute picture, but made my foot twitch a little. I learned very early in my 'Owned By Cats' career that my bare feet are not the best appendage to use to interact with them. That's due to me having sensitive & ticklish feet, and my cats not realizing (or ignoring) that they are actually part of me. Little pointy things digging into my toe makes me a bit squirmy.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
True. I created a painting out of a real picture of Mimi:

Cameras can be amazing. But, I think this was a painting or at least really manipulated photo.
Very nice work.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Very nice work.
Thank you. I like to say, "Well, the photography class sucked, but at least I found use out of this $500 camera!" I've always loved photography, but for the class she wanted a DSLR and I had a point and shoot and bridge (combo P&S and DSLR), so I had to buy a DSLR. Refurbished and came with the lenses, tripod and 16 other things, eBay had the best deals surprisingly. Though, I'm still paying it off, but I hope to use it in a career when I move.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Cute picture, but made my foot twitch a little. I learned very early in my 'Owned By Cats' career that my bare feet are not the best appendage to use to interact with them. That's due to me having sensitive & ticklish feet, and my cats not realizing (or ignoring) that they are actually part of me. Little pointy things digging into my toe makes me a bit squirmy.
I have the same issue and so does my dad. When my grandma's old cat was still alive, he'd love to play with our bare feet. He also liked to pat our cheeks in the morning. Ah, I miss both of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats