Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:30 AM

1,188 posts, read 5,535,887 times

Advertisements

I completely concur with the above posts. The mere fact that you all provide love, housing, food, medical and compassion is more than most ever get.

"If" that time comes for your babies to move on...remain strong in the fact that you gave them a wonderful life if even for a short time...and do not beat your selves up over that decision. No one can judge you because we don't walk in your shoes. The fact that your kitties can cross over with love is a beautiful aspect that you all can offer them. They will never be forgotten and will always remain active in your heart till you all meet again. At least this one day image (together again) is what brings me comfort when thinking about when my time comes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 10:37 AM

1,758 posts, read 5,496,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Without you those kitties would most likely be DEAD - so YES - you are making a difference in their health. But most important of all, they are loved and cared for.
Don't give up.
Well said!

Also, I looked at the info on the CreditCare card... there is an option for interest free credit, if the amount borrowed is paid off within 6, 12, and/or 18 months.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:49 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,433,650 times
I can't put it any better than others have said, but don't question yourself. You've given these cats lots of happy days they wouldn't have had otherwise.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:00 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,588,866 times
Please don't question yourself! You have saved their lives, all of them, and given them a sanctuary with the VERY best of everything...your cats have a fabulous lifestyle! How many cats in this world get to lounge on Ethan Allen furniture and eat hand-made raw food every day? You have given them paradise, my friend...even if a cat only got to enjoy that paradise for a week, it would be better than no time there at all, you have made a HUGE difference in their lives!
If you had adopted 15 special needs human children, I bet they'd be doing TV documentaries about you and you'd be getting book deals and funding from every direction...you'd be nationally recognized as a "saint"! In my book, it doesn't matter which species of life you help, all are equally sacred, and anyone who has the courage and stamina to care for as many as you do, especially with them all having special needs, is beyond amazing!

Old 02-08-2011, 01:08 PM

1,300 posts, read 3,605,124 times
^^ What luv said exactly. Hope everyone is feeling better soon. (And sorry I'm late to this thread)

Old 02-08-2011, 02:02 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,670,494 times
After what I have just read, I don't know what to say. Touched? Above and beyond.......

(taking a moment to compose myself)

We are figuring things out financially. There has always been a will and a way here in past situations, and this is no different. If we eat pasta and chili for the next month, so be it. We'll live. What is important is addressing the problems Bella is having.

My baby Bella I managed to get out from under the bed and brought her down to the study where it is nice and warm. Hubs did some acupressure on her and actually discovered that she was blocked at the constipation point. He managed to unblock the point and I picked it up from there. I gave her Metamucil and within minutes she was asking for food, so I warmed up some of my raw, gave it to her, and she ate it.

Now, what constipation has to do with her gum problems is far beyond what I know. I have no clue. Maybe due to the stress of not feeling well, she tensed up (hind quarters which is typical for cats to do) and in the process, created a block. I don't know. I just thank God we know acupressure and how the angels guided hub's hand to go where he did. If you knew just how many acupressure points there are, the odds of him finding this one would blow your minds.

I spent the day washing all the hard surface floors in the house, hoping that I can open a slot for myself tomorrow to go swimming. Crossing fingers on that one!

And then Thursday, we take Bella to see our vet who is a real blessing. I also thank God I was led to her.

Molly is fine. My "panic" button gets pressed too easily with her still. Her crisis is just still too darn close to this present moment. I need to trust more in what I have done for her and just know that some days she will seem to have a bad day. That is normal.

Karma has been sleeping like a baby. When he is brought in for a check up and full blood work up is done, I am praying this is nothing but a nervous condition which can be helped with kitty Valium. Believe me, I will give it to him. He has been through so much, and just like his Mom, is a healer and too darn sensitive. What with Molly fighting for her life, and him constantly caring for some of the FLUTD boys by holding and comforting them, I think he is just really stressed. God, from my lips to your ears on that one!

Old 02-08-2011, 02:05 PM

You guys are the best!

Old 02-08-2011, 04:41 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,851,628 times
GOE, I am just getting to the Cats forum after a day off. I am so sorry to hear about these little souls. I am praying for all of you. <<hugs>>

Folks, not to be harsh, but City-Data forbids any discussion of raising money. Please send a DM if you want to discuss this. I do know some kind souls helped another poster last year with a pregnant cat, but it must be done in DMs. Sorry, but those are the rules.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:45 PM

Default Bella's Story from My Theory

Bella beat all odds in ending up here. That story in of itself is long so I won't go into that, for this is about what I believe Bella suffered.

Some of her story I know for I was verbally told by her last owner and I was able to get her records.

Bella's original Mommy was an elderly woman who passed away. Bella was brought to a shelter and adopted again. This time it was to a young man and woman, married, but unfortunately, Bella got caught up in a violent divorce. The man moved to another state, bringing Bella with him. He neglected her. And she ended back in another shelter.

From there somehow the woman who verbally told me this, her sister adopted Bella and moved here. She didn't want her, so Bella was given to this woman. Either in this environment or throughout Bella's history of repeated rejection, she was physically and sexually abused.

I believe her to have been kicked. I believe her to have been sexually abused. I believe her to have been either kicked in the throat or strangled. Why do I say these things?

When Bella first came to us, she was filthy and she stank of absolute filth. I had to isolate her because I did not know if she had fleas or any other disorder. When the fleas were ruled out and I gradually introduced her to the others it was a disaster. Bella was absolutely terrified and screamed whenever another cat came near her. She screamed whenever I went to pick her up. She screamed when I tried washing her especially her hind quarters. I had to keep her in one room, and for the longest time, it was the study.

She had reddish brown drainage (blood) coming from her eyes, nose, anus and vagina. The drainage is still coming from her eyes, and just lately, from her one nostril and a tiny bit from her mouth. These were the same symptoms when she had to have her fangs out.

I noticed little drops of dark blood where she would sit and I questioned if she was spayed. Her records stated she was, and my stomach sickened as my thoughts turned to why she could be bleeding occult blood. Her bowel movements were dark, black. I knew if this was frank blood (bright red) that she was actively bleeding inside, but being that it was dark, this was from old injuries. A vet could do nothing for old injuries, so I prayed that what I do would help her.

Slowly, over about a period of one year, the blood droplets disappeared. Her poop became a normal brown color, healthy looking. Her eyes never did clear up and due to the continuous drainage, sores under her eyes developed from the weeping.

Bella when she talks, is very very hoarse. Whatever damage was incurred, hurt her vocal cords. When she first came, her right eye had a white film over it as though she had a cataract. That in time, cleared up and today that eye is clear and healthy. I actually had her hearing checked, because I thought she was deaf, due to the film on her eye and that eye being blue. And at times, Bella acted as though she couldn't hear.

I have fed her a raw diet, given her herbs and homeopathy to encourage healing and to boost her immune system. We have massaged her, given her acupressure, and I have adjusted her neck very carefully after Bella had been here for more the 2 years. Over time, with much encouragement on my part, she is now coming slowly down on the floor and has stopped her screaming. She has actually made some friends in this house, and with time, my other babies have formed a fierce protection net around her. No one messes with Bella in this house. No one! She and Molly especially have a strong love/hate relationship and when Molly was ill, Bella was never far from her when she was in my bedroom. She has been happy, and has claimed my bedroom, specifically the pillow next to mine, as her Throne Room.

I had to get these words out here, because I do not want to break down when I see our vet on Thursday. I have been rethinking things, and I think it may be a good idea to have an abdomen film of Bella as well as her mouth. Is there a chance that this constipation that Bella is experiencing be associated in any way to her mouth fractures? Could her mouth problems be a secondary problem with the main problem being in her intestines? I don't know. And I plan on speaking of my theory regarding Bella and asking these questions to my vet, in a calm matter, and not of that of a basket case of a mother.

Thank you for caring for this baby. I am attaching a picture of her. She is gorgeous. For some odd reason, the picture that I uploaded did not appear. I will try later.

Last edited by Garden of Eden; 02-08-2011 at 05:18 PM..

Old 02-08-2011, 06:53 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,329,324 times
Oh wow my friend it sounds as if you are in the middle of an ordeal. I can't offer you any advice or anything just some prayers sent you way hoping it all sorts out. And it sounds like Bella has found an awesome home with you. You are doing an wonderful job! Let us know how the vet visit goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats