Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 05:13 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,218,665 times

Advertisements

Nanaimo BC would be 3 to 5 C warmer than OSOYOOS, BC in the winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 10:40 PM

58 posts, read 295,672 times
HMMM
I am from fort mc and i love the summer - the whole 2 months- how hot it gets but the winter is WAY too cold for me
i dont find it humid, so are you saying its humid in ont or not?
I dont mind the tar beetles- its the giant moskeetoes - or however you spell it

Old 09-12-2007, 11:00 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,818,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albianstar View Post
HMMM
I am from fort mc and i love the summer - the whole 2 months- how hot it gets but the winter is WAY too cold for me

i dont find it humid, so are you saying its humid in ont or not?
I dont mind the tar beetles- its the giant moskeetoes - or however you spell it
Albianstar, do you happen to work at Albian Sands?
I was at the Muskeg River site, new construction in the Utilities Area.

You did not find late July humid?
I didn't find it too humid, but I like heat and humidity.

Seriously though, I watched the Weather Network and at times they had a 3-4 day stretch this summer with humidexes into the 40's C, afternoon highs from 31-35 C and mornings lows only 21-24 C, dewpoints from 19-23 C...

If you remember that and it didn't feel too humid, YOU'D BE LAUGHING when people warn you that southern Ontario has jungle-like, stupid amounts of humidity. Though it can get hotter than that, it doesn't get much hotter than even in the hottest years.

Also if that is still true, you'd probably have little-to-no problems in the U.S. Southeast in summer, which I find usually no hotter than a hot spell in Ontario; except their hotspell lasts 3-4 months, not 3 days to 3 weeks.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:45 PM

1,048 posts, read 6,446,202 times
Honestly, most places in Canada have no snow before November and have temperates over 25 degrees Celsius in the summer.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:38 PM

35 posts, read 195,419 times
You should give Medicine Hat, Alberta a chance....we have lovely HOT summers that start in April and end in November....If and when we get snow, we get a chinook in a week or so that melts it ...leads to some icy roads, but having a 4X4 really helps...yes, it's semi-arid climate, but we rarely have to ration water with the South Saskatchewan River supplying all we need...also utility bills are cheaper than most cities as we are located on large natural gas supplies (read Rudyard Kipling's "All Hell for a Basement"...
I've been here 28 years.....
Linda

Old 09-26-2007, 12:09 PM

4 posts, read 16,291 times
The Windsor housing market is somewhat soft since it really is a suburb Detroit. You'd get more bang for your buck in that general area. Leaminton is nice and sunny with big sandy beaches nearby. mls.ca is your friend. Goodluck.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:44 PM

3 posts, read 7,365 times
Hi there - I live on a lake outside Yarmouth, NS and Summers are a delight. From June on you can count on soft breeezes and temps getting warmer each year! 80F was the average this past yr. It only went over 90F twice. What are you looking for in a home? i am thinking of moving to Maine to get real SNOW - as we are right in the path of the jet stream snow does not last long.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:22 PM
r22

2 posts, read 5,350 times
We just did a cross canada journey from Vancouver Island where the temps are great, over to Cape Sable Island in Nova Scotia. The weather being the SOUTHERNMOST point of Canada here is surprisingly great. Little is known of the truth over here, and I can't believe we've been in the dark for so many years. Now Granted....living RIGHT ON the ocean will be colder here, as we are right in the middle of the ocean (practically) on Cape Sable Island and the winds can be severe in the Winter. But what the people here call Cold (I'm originally from Winnipeg so I know what COLD means) is just a joke to me. Overall I think This southernmost tip of Nova Scotia being well below the 49th parallel is FANTASTIC for weather and very comparable to the West Coast. The people are like "right out of a storybook" and I could kick myself in the ars for not moving my family out her years and years ago. The Shelburne County which is part of where we live, is unbelievably beautiful, maybe thats why Oprah Winfrey bought up most of it. Lots of black history there, but is now white. The housing prices and food prices here are like they SHOULD BE EVERYWHERE. We were amazed to find beef roasts for 3.00 and meat and all other food cheaper by about half of what it is ANYWHERE ELSE. The milk and butter are slightly more expensive, but is not oiled down like the west coast butters. ITS THE REAL MCCOY and you don't mind paying for it. Nice houses, complete with furniture usually as the mainstay of industry here is Lobster fishing and it is on the decline, so people are moving West only to find out that "once they figure out" that although wages are twice as much in Alberta and B.C., the cost of living is 10 times higher so most of them eventually move back home. It doesn't make any sense for anybody to live anywhere else, this is the way to live. NOT LIVING BEYOND ONES MEANS as they do in the rest of Canada. We bought a beautiful ocean front home on Cape Sable Island for 55K. We now have no mortgage. Where on Earth can you do that today? Believe me when I say its the best thing we ever did. And don't let the listing prices fool you either, people don't sell their homes like we did back West, they list them for several years here, then they sell. So the listing price is usually half of WHAT THEY WILL ACCEPT IN AN OFFER, and believe me THEY WILL ACCEPT ANY OFFER, as they know how long it takes to get an offer. This place has gotten a bum rap from the rest of Canada and before too long everyone will wisen up and move to the last place in Canada where homes are not only dirt cheap but the cost of living too. I'm glad we risked all, uprooted and moved here. Best decision of our lives, now we can be at peace and enjoy the rest of our lives some, with some beachcombing, lots of white sand beaches here, unbelievable really. Don't be the last one here, as when the rush begins, prices will start to go up here too, as I can predict that the rest of Canada will be arriving here SOON. Cheers.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:45 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,818,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albianstar View Post
main issue is tempature
i am looking for summers to be 25 with days over 30
no snow before nov, later the better
My main issue is also temperature.
I would prefer an average of 60+ days over 30 C.

25 days over 30 C?
You won't find that anywhere but lower-mainland interior B.C.
Even Windsor would average maybe 20-22 days.

If I wanted to live where it's warm in Canada,
I'd tunnel down however far you need to go before it's constantly 28-30 C.
5 km down? 10 km down? 20 km down?

Old 02-10-2010, 09:18 PM

156 posts, read 391,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
My main issue is also temperature.
I would prefer an average of 60+ days over 30 C.

25 days over 30 C?
You won't find that anywhere but lower-mainland interior B.C.
Even Windsor would average maybe 20-22 days.

If I wanted to live where it's warm in Canada,
I'd tunnel down however far you need to go before it's constantly 28-30 C.
5 km down? 10 km down? 20 km down?
Less than 5km

I'll tunnel with you! If you want warm weather, go to interior BC. Less winter? Lower mainland. Less than 300k? Sask or Man.

Excluding one cold snap, its been a great winter in Ab/Sk this year! Man I hate winters..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada