Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you vote for marijuana legalization for adults?
yes 53 75.71%
no 17 24.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 01:50 AM

1,780 posts, read 1,763,483 times

Advertisements

^About the withdrawal sympptoms. I am addicted to marijuana and haven't gone a night without it in over a year. Although they do not necessarily interfere with my life, they are annoying. The withdrawal symptoms i speak of are things like insomnia, loss of appetite, increased boredome. Nothing major, but still withdrawal symptoms

Old 12-25-2009, 02:01 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,909,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelers247 View Post
^About the withdrawal sympptoms. I am addicted to marijuana and haven't gone a night without it in over a year. Although they do not necessarily interfere with my life, they are annoying. The withdrawal symptoms i speak of are things like insomnia, loss of appetite, increased boredome. Nothing major, but still withdrawal symptoms
Not psysiologically due to marijuana. It could be tied to other psychological factors. In fact, rereading the post again, your "withdrawal" I assure you that there are other underlying reasons (the bordem and insomnia were tipp offs).

Marijuana addiction is again psychological in nature, thus any withdrawal will be related to the underlying reasons for your marijuana reliance. This is unlike alcohol in which you gain a psysiological dependence (your body will need alcohol to function).

Old 12-25-2009, 09:21 AM

1,780 posts, read 1,763,483 times
^Withdrawal symptoms have nothing to do with having a dependence or not. Why don't you check out Erowid.org and read about cannabis. There are in fact withdrawal symptoms. They are easy to live with, but they are w/d symptoms nonetheless.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:30 AM

2,684 posts, read 7,386,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post

With low health risks associated, I don't know why people would vote against this measure.
It's called holding onto strictly held beliefs. As a society for so long, we had made marijuana usage such a taboo subject, that its 2nd nature to many people to view it as bad.

If you ask them the specifics of what makes marijuana bad, its usually something along the lines of "its illegal" or "its a drug", which are both extremely poor arguments since the question of marijuana being bad doesn't revolve around some legalist notion of what's right or wrong (who the hell ever decides what is right or wrong based on the law?) or some definition of a term that fits their purposes. However, these have become such embedded norms in our society that to question it is sacrilege. However, as time moves on and medical technology moves forward, we are beginning to see a more balanced view on marijuana without any of the emotional attachment arguments held irrationally by those who are too lazy to even do a bit of research.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:56 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
No, it wouldnt be a dangerous at all.
Yes, it is, first it's marijuana, then what? I've been high before, it took me twice as long to get anywhere, Me today wouldn't want to be on the same road as Me when I was in high school. Like some people said, there are enough drunk drivers, let alone stoned drivers out there. In a perfect world, people that chose to smoke, would stay home and not drive, but we don't live in a perfect world.

Old 12-25-2009, 04:27 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,729,164 times
Quote:
^Withdrawal symptoms have nothing to do with having a dependence or not. Why don't you check out Erowid.org and read about cannabis. There are in fact withdrawal symptoms. They are easy to live with, but they are w/d symptoms nonetheless.
Yes, but it's not a physiological withdraw as an alcoholic experiences when giving up booze or a heroin user experiences when kicking or a cigarette smoker experiences when quitting the nicotine.
The boredom is a given unless you find a way to expand your energy field and your consciousness without the aid of pot and that is do-able ... just takes some work.
And sleeplessness ... yeah, i need a hit or two to fall asleep as well.
No problem ... better than ambien or other man made sleeping aids.

Last edited by coyoteskye; 12-25-2009 at 05:42 PM..

Old 12-25-2009, 04:34 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,729,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
It's called holding onto strictly held beliefs. As a society for so long, we had made marijuana usage such a taboo subject, that its 2nd nature to many people to view it as bad.

If you ask them the specifics of what makes marijuana bad, its usually something along the lines of "its illegal" or "its a drug", which are both extremely poor arguments since the question of marijuana being bad doesn't revolve around some legalist notion of what's right or wrong (who the hell ever decides what is right or wrong based on the law?) or some definition of a term that fits their purposes. However, these have become such embedded norms in our society that to question it is sacrilege. However, as time moves on and medical technology moves forward, we are beginning to see a more balanced view on marijuana without any of the emotional attachment arguments held irrationally by those who are too lazy to even do a bit of research.
Or it's called demonizing / brainwashing by the dominant culture in service to their agenda of, in part, keeping people sheepled and controlled.
Not the best article but some food (or a few seeds) for thought.
The War on Drugs is a War on Consciousness

Old 12-25-2009, 04:59 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
I notice that no one mentioned why mj was made illegal in the first place......racism.
It made illegal b/c of the fear of the immigration of mexicans.
History of Marijuana - MarijuanaToday.com

Personally, I think that it should be made legal. Use the taxes to fight the harder drugs and help the economy get on track. There are also states such as Kentucky that would also come out as winners if legalized. The eviromentalist would be happy b/c less trees would be cut down (hemp is agood source for paper products and does not contribute to land erosion). The drug cartels would have to rely on cocaine instead of MJ for revenue (and truthfully may cut down on cocaine addiction). The prisons would not be as crowded (saving tax dollars). Quite a few of our presidents has had some dealings with marijuana in one form or another.

Old 12-25-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:

That's what I learned just passing on the knowledge that was taught to me. Yes, having physiological dependence is indeed needed for withdrawal symptoms.

Old 12-25-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest209 View Post
Yes, it is, first it's marijuana, then what? I've been high before, it took me twice as long to get anywhere, Me today wouldn't want to be on the same road as Me when I was in high school. Like some people said, there are enough drunk drivers, let alone stoned drivers out there. In a perfect world, people that chose to smoke, would stay home and not drive, but we don't live in a perfect world.
I smoked in high school, went to college and applying for some more school. Some people can't handle controlled substances. The whole gateway drug theory is flawed. You can say water leads to alcohol, therefore is it reasonable to conclude that water leads to alcoholism? No.

As for high driving, there needs to be more studies done. The studies conducted contain conflicting data and usually have small sample sizes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: