Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you vote for marijuana legalization for adults?
yes 53 75.71%
no 17 24.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 03:26 PM

457 posts, read 1,183,810 times

Advertisements

I voted no obviously.

Im against the use of Marijuana (unless comletely necessary for medical reasons). My life experiences show me that Marijuana only ruins people. I don't know many people that get into smoking marijuana and their life benefits. I can't think of one person who was struggling through life and then started smoking marijuana and all of a sudden said "hey, I'm going to be a doctor" and goes out and gets their PHD.

I have lost many friends to marijuana and some fell down that ever slippery slope.

To flip it around, why don't we legalize every other drug too? Peyote, Heroin, Psilocybin, Cocaine etc come from the earth also. Why stop at Marijuana? They all have their "benefits" to people. That is me being sarcastic sorry

Old 12-17-2009, 04:30 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,771,462 times
If alcohol is legal, then in my opinion marijuana should also be legal, with the same restrictions as tobacco with regard to public smoking and the same restrictions as alcohol with regard to legal age to purchase, operation of a motor vehicle, etc. Under those assumptions I will vote "yes".

Old 12-17-2009, 06:30 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,247,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
For me the reason is I am against the use and availability of any drug on the street. It is also illegal on the Federal level.
Me too, I'll vote "no".

Old 12-23-2009, 02:49 AM

20 posts, read 35,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
For me the reason is I am against the use and availability of any drug on the street. It is also illegal on the Federal level.
I think you should probably rethink your thoughts.
theres so many ways that legalizing it would help everyone. Less of our taxes would be spent supporting the people in prison for possession or other charges, the state would have a pretty hefty revanue coming in, ect ect. you gotta look outside the box on these things, and sit around as single minded as you seem to be.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:30 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,523,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonajack View Post
I think you should probably rethink your thoughts.
theres so many ways that legalizing it would help everyone. Less of our taxes would be spent supporting the people in prison for possession or other charges, the state would have a pretty hefty revanue coming in, ect ect. you gotta look outside the box on these things, and sit around as single minded as you seem to be.
If your writing abilities are characteristic of those who are high on the drug in question, I think I'll just stick to booze, thank you.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:36 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,501,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
If your writing abilities are characteristic of those who are high on the drug in question, I think I'll just stick to booze, thank you.
I think you may be surprised at whats growing on the hills and in the hollers of southern Missouri!!!!

Old 12-23-2009, 09:44 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,523,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I think you may be surprised at whats growing on the hills and in the hollers of southern Missouri!!!!
No doubt it's growin'. Comes as no surprise!

Old 12-23-2009, 10:19 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,735,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Well then, i'd say about 98% of the folks on city-data-forum are under the influence of sumpin ... maybe it's booze.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:19 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,355,464 times
Actually this is not just happening in California. Where I live they are putting it on the ballet as well. However, it will take all those in favor of it to vote...and we all know how they feel about voting. I smoke, therefor I vote.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:17 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,355,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think About It! View Post
I voted no obviously.

Im against the use of Marijuana (unless comletely necessary for medical reasons). My life experiences show me that Marijuana only ruins people. I don't know many people that get into smoking marijuana and their life benefits. I can't think of one person who was struggling through life and then started smoking marijuana and all of a sudden said "hey, I'm going to be a doctor" and goes out and gets their PHD.

I have lost many friends to marijuana and some fell down that ever slippery slope.

To flip it around, why don't we legalize every other drug too? Peyote, Heroin, Psilocybin, Cocaine etc come from the earth also. Why stop at Marijuana? They all have their "benefits" to people. That is me being sarcastic sorry
You obviously have your info all wrong. People have fallen down slippery slopes from other things more often then they do with just marijuana. Take overweight people...they went down a slippery slope and look where it landed them. Smoking tobacco, even taking prescribed drugs can lead to a slippery slop.

Marijuana, has never killed anyone. Thats right not one person has overdosed with marijuana. How come? because you would have to smoke about 6 times your body weight in under an hour. You would fall asleep by time you smoked the weight of half you hand, if not sooner.

People who smoke marijuana dont usually broadcast it to everyone. I know people who have become school teachers, lawyers, Doctors, engineers, and various other high end jobs. But you have to realize, those jobs are not for everyone. I myself smoke and I am now the proud owner of three business' and I do owe it all to Marijuana. It opened my mind to the world. I used to fallow and do what society told me to do. Worked two jobs, had a house, cars, wife, dog, cat and went to church everyday. I was bored and hated it, i wanted life to end so badly. Constant stress and worries, no thank you. So, I got divorced and move out. Bought a cheap car and moved into a cheap apartment. A friend of mine asked me if I wanted to try marijuana, i decided that it couldnt hurt me to try it.

You have to know that I was an artist before I got married and did the social path that I was on before. As soon as I smoked that first joint, it was like I was back in high school(never did any drugs or drank) and could draw again. I picked up a sketch pad and started drawing. It has been four years now and I am still drawing. I am drawing so much that I started my own clothing company. Then I needed a way to promote my clothing...so I started a promotion company. This was going good, but I was bored, it just came to easy. So i started working again until a few months ago when I purchased some property so that I could start my dream biz. In a few months I will be opening my brewpub. I plan on keeping the clothing company and promo company.

So, now you know someone who owes his success to Marijuana. Oh, and I forgot to tell you that the reason I started the clothing company was partially because I was fired for smoking marijuana. Best thing that ever happened to me.

With that said...please before you vote, do some actual research. Dont trust what some lobbiest or drug company tells you. Dont trust the Government when it comes to this subject either. Marijuana is actually the one substance that is least harmful. It is actually less harmful than caffine, and trans fats.

Check out NORML, great info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: