Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2009, 06:18 AM

28 posts, read 102,143 times

Advertisements

Hi every one

First of all i would like to thank you all members of this forum for your help.i have been reading allot of post and it really helped me allot

I decided that i will move to south California to start my automotive export business mid of this year, my work will be spreaded around California ,Arizona and Nevada attending auctions .

I'm looking for a nice and safe area in SC with with lots of restaurants and coffee shops and hangouts ,a good place for a single 31 male to be in

my budget for rent is 2000 the cheaper the better but location and safty comes first

any help???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 08:58 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,372,800 times
We like to call it Southern California. Never really hear South California. One place you may check out is Oxnard or Port Hueneme. Lots of Export entities in the area, as well as import business operations, including BMW with their west coast Automotive center and port of entry. Other car companies are also in the area importing cars, many upscale car companies. As far as parts, Borla has a major presence. Haas Automation is based in Oxnard as well. If you are exporting or importing we have the only deep water port between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Contact the Port of Hueneme for information of the use of shipping and to find out what companies are in the area that use the port, and other services. The amount of industry may benefit your operation with some sort of tie in to what the other entities are offering. Malibu isn't too far south and Santa Barbara is just north. You can be to the West Side of LA in about an hour. Lots of clubs and stuff to do.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:34 PM

102 posts, read 309,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaas View Post
Hi every one

my budget for rent is 2000 the cheaper the better but location and safty comes first

Single....so are you looking to rent an apartment, studio, a room or something more like a home/house?

It seems like the closer you get to the coast line the more expensive it becomes in some places in Cali.(San Fran and San Diego for example) Also, the closer you are to the coast...the better the fun.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:16 PM

1,248 posts, read 3,511,809 times
Everyone wants to get an apartment...if you're single, why not just rent out a room and look for openings on Craigslist until you get settled and have some money saved up?

Old 01-31-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
We like to call it Southern California. Never really hear South California. One place you may check out is Oxnard or Port Hueneme. Lots of Export entities in the area, as well as import business operations, including BMW with their west coast Automotive center and port of entry. Other car companies are also in the area importing cars, many upscale car companies. As far as parts, Borla has a major presence. Haas Automation is based in Oxnard as well. If you are exporting or importing we have the only deep water port between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Contact the Port of Hueneme for information of the use of shipping and to find out what companies are in the area that use the port, and other services. The amount of industry may benefit your operation with some sort of tie in to what the other entities are offering. Malibu isn't too far south and Santa Barbara is just north. You can be to the West Side of LA in about an hour. Lots of clubs and stuff to do.

Thank you for the very informative reply

so is west LA a good location to live at?

scince my work will mostly be in auctions and oxnard!!

Old 01-31-2009, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweating in Florida View Post
Single....so are you looking to rent an apartment, studio, a room or something more like a home/house?

It seems like the closer you get to the coast line the more expensive it becomes in some places in Cali.(San Fran and San Diego for example) Also, the closer you are to the coast...the better the fun.
I'm looking to rent a one or 2 br apt for the first year

what im looking for is an area with more walking to resturants,coffeshops and shopping

not into the clubs scene

Old 01-31-2009, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyenative01 View Post
Everyone wants to get an apartment...if you're single, why not just rent out a room and look for openings on Craigslist until you get settled and have some money saved up?
Thank you so much for the advice

id rather have my privacy though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California