Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 03:54 PM

18,983 posts, read 32,700,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
I think you have been watching to much "Access Hollywood". Chances are slim you will ever see a celebrity.
Depends on what you consider a "celebrity". I go up to LA about once every month or two and about 1/2 the time I see someone recognizable. I was up there probably about a month ago and saw Danny Bonaduce and Michelle Rodgriguez just out and about. And Bonaduce was walking around the middle of Hollywood on a Saturday so I think he wanted to be recognized. Of course they aren't A-listers and some people don't even have a clue who they are but they are on TV/movies. People say you never see them but from my experience you do see them, just not the one you would really want to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 04:35 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,733,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Depends on what you consider a "celebrity". I go up to LA about once every month or two and about 1/2 the time I see someone recognizable. I was up there probably about a month ago and saw Danny Bonaduce and Michelle Rodgriguez just out and about. And Bonaduce was walking around the middle of Hollywood on a Saturday so I think he wanted to be recognized. Of course they aren't A-listers and some people don't even have a clue who they are but they are on TV/movies. People say you never see them but from my experience you do see them, just not the one you would really want to see.
I didn't say it was impossible to see celebrities (usually from a distance). But after you've seen them, so what? Twenty years ago, I went to NBC studios and saw the Tonight show with Johnny Carson and earlier that day I saw an elderly Bob Hope at NBC studios. It was nice, but it didn't mean anything. You will never get "close" to them in any sense of the word anyways.

By the way, who is Michelle Rodriguez? I guess I let my subscription to People magazine run out .

Old 06-03-2008, 05:32 PM

18,983 posts, read 32,700,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
I didn't say it was impossible to see celebrities (usually from a distance). But after you've seen them, so what? Twenty years ago, I went to NBC studios and saw the Tonight show with Johnny Carson and earlier that day I saw an elderly Bob Hope at NBC studios. It was nice, but it didn't mean anything. You will never get "close" to them in any sense of the word anyways.

By the way, who is Michelle Rodriguez? I guess I let my subscription to People magazine run out .

okay, I never claimed you said it was impossible. You claimed the chances of seeing one was "slim", but from my experience it's not that slim and have been surprised by the sightings here and there considering I never think about or expect to see one.

It doesn't have to mean anything and I don't think it's suppose to, it just seeing one and that's it. It's like seeing a really expensive Ferrari drive down the street, you look at it, take notice, then go about your business.

And Michelle Rodriguez is an actress on LOST, which is how I and most of my friends know her. Been in some movies to like Fast and Furious, Blue Crush, and some other no name crap.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:31 AM

145 posts, read 509,363 times
if you want city life move to sf.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:41 AM

1,634 posts, read 6,723,100 times
San Luis Obispo

Old 06-07-2008, 03:06 AM

10 posts, read 25,728 times
If you want to be part of the Hollywood (or the just looking beautiful) 'scene' go to L.A., If you want to do a lot of walking and public transiting and go to art school or be a hipster, go to S.F., If you want to hang on the beach and drink lots of beer dude, go to San Diego! If you want to see celebrities, get a job waiting tables...

Old 06-08-2008, 10:02 PM

109 posts, read 447,023 times
All three have a lot to offer.

San Francisco and the Bay Area are the easiest to get around of the three if you wont have a car.

In Los Angeles, you have to have a car and you have to give yourself time to get everywhere, traffic is horrible, not to mention filming closing streets off all the time. (They have been filming at the school I work at for the past week and it becomes annoying after a while) There is so much to do in LA but there is no real center so don't expect to just be able to wander around and find something in LA if you have never been there before.

I would recommend that if you have a car with you, do LA and San Diego. It’s only a 1.5 - 2 hour drive between them if you go at a good time. If you do that you may as well stop by some of the beaches on the way between LA and San Diego, such as the Laguna Beach and some "rural" beaches such as San Onofre, they can be beautiful.

If you won’t have a car and want more of a city feeling, the bay area will be the better bet.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:53 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,787,484 times
BLYTHE

just kidding
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California