Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 04:02 PM

10 posts, read 60,884 times

Advertisements

I'd also say San Luis Obispo's lesbian community is far too small and yes they are older. Tough to make new friends to hang with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 12:20 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
What makes someplace "gay friendly"?

Old 07-04-2010, 07:02 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
What makes someplace "gay friendly"?
You beat me to it LOL I really don't know.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:32 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
You beat me to it LOL I really don't know.
I've seen the question so many times and I blow it off because it sounds silly. I think people should live where they want and there is more to choosing a place to live then who you are attracted to. If it's gay friendly now will it be gay friendly next year when everyone move and stores close down and new people come in? Plus, if gay friendly means a lot of gay people live there then it's even more silly to ask, move there and MAKE IT gay friendly! LOL!

I don't think a PLACE itself can be gay friendly, it's all about the people and you never know who you are going to end up with as neighbors.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:34 AM

1 posts, read 3,308 times
Is santa rosa is that major city to guerneville?cape may NJ here want to settle.was out that way,my kinda place.'guerneville"

Old 10-23-2012, 01:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,675 times
I know exactly what you are looking for! I have been in Seattle as well, along with San Francisco and the SF Bay Area in general. I have now moved very near to the town of Guerneville. Any small town in West Sonoma County is going to be very embracing and supportive of gay people. Sebastopol is likely going to be more appealing to you than Guerneville, because it has much easier winters and a bit more civilization, with adorable little local owned shops downtown and a small hospital for emergencies.

There is the Town of Cotati as well. Very cute, very gay friendly as well! Oh yes, the town of Forestville is directly next to Guerneville, and a ton of gay people live there too, among the redwoods and mountainsides.

Then, there is Petaluma, which is larger than most towns in West County, but still smaller than Santa Rosa. Santa Rosa is still muuuch smaller than Seattle or Portland or San Francisco, and it has an LGBT center, along with major support and social groups for gay men and lesbian women, and the rest of the LGBT QQ WXYZ acronym. ;-)

Basically, if you want affordable (for California) and safe, and embracing of gay people, along with unbelievable charm (vineyards for miles and apple orchards throughout, farmer's markets, holistic health, and a short jaunt over to the ocean) then you want to be in the beautiful 'wine county' community of West Sonoma County. ....Then, if you want the occasional big city experience, San Francisco is about an hour drive. ...Seriously, perfect living for a sweet, charming, supportive, gay friendly life! ..Believe me, I was in your exact same position, and I thank god everyday for finding this incredible, very gay friendly, community!!!

Old 10-23-2012, 12:45 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,955,562 times
[quote=Lgbt Guy;26627675]
LGBT center, along with major support and social groups for gay men and lesbian women, and the rest of the LGBT QQ WXYZ acronym. ;-)

I have noticed the "Q" with LGBT. What does the "Q" signify, as in LGBTQ ?

Old 10-23-2012, 12:51 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
A five letter word starting with q and rhyming with deer that the ridiculously idiotic C-D nanny filter won't allow, as in: *****.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:54 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
[quote=Dean Trails;26633715]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgbt Guy View Post
LGBT center, along with major support and social groups for gay men and lesbian women, and the rest of the LGBT QQ WXYZ acronym. ;-)

I have noticed the "Q" with LGBT. What does the "Q" signify, as in LGBTQ ?
It stands for "q u e e r," which is being "reclaimed" by some in the alphabet-soup community. I'm not crazy about it myself, but I suppose we're stuck with it.

Re: gay-friendly towns in NorCal, I totally agree with Lgbt Guy's post above. You really can't go wrong in West Sonoma, assuming you can afford to live there. I don't know how the employment situation is there -- I imagine it's not great.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:46 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,955,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
A five letter word starting with q and rhyming with deer that the ridiculously idiotic C-D nanny filter won't allow, as in: *****.
Thankies! It is good to keep up with the times!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California