Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2022, 11:16 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,454,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
LA chickened out after all the protests. All it took was Beverly Hills.

https://news.yahoo.com/amid-outcry-a...233049586.html

Days before the decision, health officials had said it was all but inevitable that the indoor mask mandate would be reinstituted.

The real joke is that turning mitigation efforts on and off over short periods of time doesn't do anything, anyway. If a renewed mask ordinance had been put in place a week ago, the same downturn would've happened one way or another. There's a lot of inertia at work here and making some minimal change as it's happening doesn't nudge the number in the slightest.

We just proved this once again here in San Diego along with LA and I'm sure all sorts of other big metro areas.

Old 07-29-2022, 11:20 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Camp is where I figured a summer cold is mostly likely to happen, but I remember no such occurrence while there myself.

I heard a loud, hacking cough in the middle of last night, from another residence (with windows open, I assume). Gee, what could that be? But at least that person was home at the time. I can stay home a lot and, when I have to go into some other place, do what most health experts advise and mask up, which is the only infection-preventing option available.
I've had a summer cold/flu before. I remember because it was a 100 degrees out when I was sick and absolutely miserable to step outside. I know my wife has gotten sick during the summer before too. Thank god for AC.

Old 07-29-2022, 12:22 PM

1,638 posts, read 1,110,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Hyperbole much?

"Under L.A. County’s plan, if the region reached the high COVID-19 community level, as defined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and remained there for three consecutive Thursdays, a new mask order would be issued.

A high COVID-19 community level means a county is experiencing a significant amount of community spread and has recently recorded at least 10 new weekly coronavirus-positive hospitalizations for every 100,000 residents.

L.A. County entered that category July 14 and remained there last week — positioning Thursday as the pivotal date.

But coronavirus cases started to decline last week, and new hospital admissions dropped too. L.A. County used its own data to calculate...."

....see the L.A. thread on COVID.
Doctors were complaining about health departments falsely overcounting covid numbers due to claiming most of the hospital admittances "with covid" had Covid. This is despite ICUs with almost noone with respiratory illness in them.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...als-less-taxed

https://www.foxnews.com/us/la-county...s-mask-mandate

Ferrar was claiming mask mandates were all but inevitable last week.

Suddenly after protests and 3 cities claiming they wouldn't enforce, the LAPD saying they would not enforce etc the numbers were "lower." They're clearly backtracking to save face.

As one of my professors used to tell me for any model the output is only as good as the data input into it. And with Covid the input is heavily swayed by political opinion.

Last edited by njbiodude; 07-29-2022 at 12:36 PM..

Old 07-29-2022, 02:45 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbiodude View Post
Doctors were complaining about health departments falsely overcounting covid numbers due to claiming most of the hospital admittances "with covid" had Covid. This is despite ICUs with almost noone with respiratory illness in them.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...als-less-taxed

https://www.foxnews.com/us/la-county...s-mask-mandate

Suddenly after protests and 3 cities claiming they wouldn't enforce, the LAPD saying they would not enforce etc the numbers were "lower." They're clearly backtracking to save face.

As one of my professors used to tell me for any model the output is only as good as the data input into it. And with Covid the input is heavily swayed by political opinion.
I've been saying this for at least a year. This "covid" mess was a huge money grab for everyone that could. Welp, there ya go.

Old 07-29-2022, 03:35 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbiodude View Post

https://www.city-data.com/forum/63878564-post919.html

Old 07-29-2022, 03:40 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I don't post videos often. In fact, this might be the third one in two+ years but it's a good one. It's put out by the only doctor I really follow on this subject. Dr. Roger Seheult from UC Riverside School of Medicine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcaJsygMdfs
Very interesting clip. COVID-19 is one sneaky virus. It's interesting about what he mentioned in regard to optimizing sun exposure.

Old 07-30-2022, 02:48 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
https://www.yahoo.com/news/got-covid...130024963.html
And he should have learned his lesson and given up dining indoors for a long time.

Old 07-30-2022, 09:04 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Did you read the reason for the declaration?

"The emergency, enacted through executive order, allows EMS personnel, pharmacists, midwives, physicians and certified nurse practitioners to administer vaccinations, the governor's office said in a statement."

Last edited by Yac; 07-31-2022 at 10:09 PM..

Old 07-30-2022, 09:20 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Did you read the reason for the declaration?

"The emergency, enacted through executive order, allows EMS personnel, pharmacists, midwives, physicians and certified nurse practitioners to administer vaccinations, the governor's office said in a statement."
Why would an EO be needed? CVS offers vaccines for covid and shingles every single time you go in. No EO needed.

Old 07-30-2022, 10:00 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,454,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Why would an EO be needed? CVS offers vaccines for covid and shingles every single time you go in. No EO needed.

How about why do we need to give a broader swath of healthcare workers the ability to administer this vaccine? Why does NY need to secure more vaccines? And does the state also get access to federal funds this way? Not to be all cynical, but I can see that being the driving factor more than anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California