Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2022, 09:25 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times

Advertisements

Analysis does not require data. (For example, psychoanalysis, which yeah is dubious.) It should use quality data where possible. If not, use workarounds and for urgent policy-making, make tentative conclusions. When it's health-related, the principle is err on the side of caution. The government isn't veering far from that re masks, which again it still recommends. It is a gray area if/when government should recommend them.

Old 03-31-2022, 09:38 AM

1,638 posts, read 1,109,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
You're wrong. Long ago I even posted a link to a New York Times article about the short-term protection, and research has since suggested that variant-specific immunity is kind of a red herring. When you are wrong, you should back off. Vaccine misinformation spreads and leads to dangerous health decisions.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...cines%20Agency.

It's gone from "2 shots are good for years" to we should have 2 boosters a year in less than a year. Also, there's no mention of variant speccific shots either. I've gotten 3 which I can buy are the ideal for protection. Some other vaccines like Hepatitis B require 2 boosters as well. However, getting 2 shots of year of the same formula is unprecedented and to claim there's no profit motive to push this possibly harmful schedule on people is delusional.

The WHO and European Health commission doesn't agree that repeated boosters are a good idea. I personally along with every scientist I know don't believe that additional "boosters" are required unless they're successfully updated to fight new strains of the virus. The only exceptions are the very old and severely immunocompromised.

Old 03-31-2022, 09:54 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbiodude View Post

It's gone from "2 shots are good for years" to we should have 2 boosters a year in less than a year. Also, there's no mention of variant speccific shots either. I've gotten 3 which I can buy are the ideal for protection. Some other vaccines like Hepatitis B require 2 boosters as well. However, getting 2 shots of year of the same formula is unprecedented and to claim there's no profit motive to push this possibly harmful schedule on people is delusional.

The WHO and European Health commission doesn't agree that repeated boosters are a good idea. I personally along with every scientist I know don't believe that additional "boosters" are required unless they're successfully updated to fight new strains of the virus. The only exceptions are the very old and severely immunocompromised.
bingo, follow the money

Old 03-31-2022, 10:26 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
You're not responding to any claims by me. Who is naive enough to think vaccine makers aren't trying to enrich themselves? Furthermore, if flu were to become a year-round problem, it would require two shots, because one wouldn't last long enough. As such, to depict 2 shots per year as extreme or "possibly harmful" (a very bad statement by a scientist) is not a reasonable position. Anyway, nothing is set in stone yet, and it's very unlikely that the general public would be pressured to get more than 1 shot per year.

Old 03-31-2022, 04:25 PM

3,079 posts, read 1,745,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbiodude View Post

Yep, I'm taking a wait and see approach for the second booster (shot 4). My wife was in a room all day with her boss last Thursday, who found out he had Covid, and she did not get it. She came home, we took some precautions, and neither did I. There may be some level of natural immunity at play, or this thing is dwindling. But at this point, I trust my own immune system more than these repeating boosters. If cases start going up again, maybe that'll change. We'll see.

Old 03-31-2022, 06:01 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Yep, I'm taking a wait and see approach for the second booster (shot 4). My wife was in a room all day with her boss last Thursday, who found out he had Covid, and she did not get it. She came home, we took some precautions, and neither did I. There may be some level of natural immunity at play, or this thing is dwindling. But at this point, I trust my own immune system more than these repeating boosters. If cases start going up again, maybe that'll change. We'll see.
I have to wait until I fully recover from the vaccine before I even think about a booster. I'm still applying an ointment mix of fungal and bacterial medicine. This is going on 9 months now. Come to think of it, I'll think I'll skip it completely.

Old 03-31-2022, 06:15 PM

4,321 posts, read 6,283,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Analysis requires data. There is no "gray area". Data that can be measured. Maybe, might, perhaps, could, possibly cannot be measured. The thing of fairy tales and paranoia. Big foot, Loch Ness Monster.
Using this logic, can you not say the same thing about those who claim that COVID is over, masks don't work, etc?

Old 03-31-2022, 06:40 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
I'm assuming that when you add vaccinations to 2020 waves of Covid to Delta to Omecron exposure, that covers a lot of people. Plus viruses do tend to get milder over time, even without hygiene theater such as masks, distancing, lockdowns etc.

Old 03-31-2022, 06:42 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I have to wait until I fully recover from the vaccine before I even think about a booster. I'm still applying an ointment mix of fungal and bacterial medicine. This is going on 9 months now. Come to think of it, I'll think I'll skip it completely.
I am nearly 65. I messaged my doctor a couple of days ago about getting the second booster. He said, definitely wait, and likely not ever. For the record I had my first two March 2 and 23, 2021 and my booster October 27, 2021.

Old 03-31-2022, 08:34 PM

3,079 posts, read 1,745,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I am nearly 65. I messaged my doctor a couple of days ago about getting the second booster. He said, definitely wait, and likely not ever. For the record I had my first two March 2 and 23, 2021 and my booster October 27, 2021.
Heh,Just around the same times as me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California