Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2020, 07:46 PM

301 posts, read 164,863 times

Advertisements

Is the CA dude in charge a Democrat? I am just curious.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:53 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,816,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I didn't read the article. I heard the words straight from his mouth today. Just as a couple of people here said, Newsom said "months" not "weeks." That's why I feel this sheltering in place order that blankets the entire state is ridiculous. We don't have nearly the cases seen in the western half of the state. We're more spread out. He's killing business even if he doesn't realize it. But he will. Like I said, a number of small businesses have already shut their doors ... for good.

His new plan is going to hurt this state more than he realizes.

I believe "months not weeks" was in regard to phase 3 of the reopening plan. Personal care businesses like barber shops, hair salons, gyms would fall into that category. Phase 2 supposedly could only be weeks away. Some business would be able to start opening in phase 2, with certain safe guards.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:54 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,280,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud49 View Post
Is the CA dude in charge a Democrat? I am just curious.
Oh yeah. Far, far left democrat.

Old 04-28-2020, 08:27 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,705,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
I believe "months not weeks" was in regard to phase 3 of the reopening plan. Personal care businesses like barber shops, hair salons, gyms would fall into that category. Phase 2 supposedly could only be weeks away. Some business would be able to start opening in phase 2, with certain safe guards.
Oh my! You mean I won't be able to visit a salon for months? I've tried cutting my own hair a couple of times. The second time I did it, I said, "What made you think you could do it this time if you screwed it up the first time?"

This isn't going to be pretty.

Old 04-28-2020, 08:40 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,667,720 times
Perhaps we should reopen CA next week, but only for Californians born here. Everybody else can then come out of quarantine 6 months from now. That's fair, because it's not the fault of native Californians that this virus got traipsed in here. Let's do that then -- works for me.

Old 04-28-2020, 09:46 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
Meanwhile, CA is number 31 in per capita testing by states. If it’s so important, why is CA not in the top 10 with testing. Also, the fact still remains that only 8% of tests are positive in CA. We should all be done with this liar. Just as all the Dems are done with Trump.

https://covidtracking.com/data
Oh I dunno, it might be a little hard to get 40 million tests. But aside from that, what did he lie about?

Old 04-28-2020, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
What irritates me is that Gavin is using a strict textbook approach, and this thing needs to be played by ear, with some experimentation.
He's unwilling to take any non-textbook risks.
How can you play this by ear and experiment without endangering the lives of thousands of people?

Old 04-28-2020, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
Yeah I know Mike I’m being nice. This guy is a lunatic. I voted against the Davis recall and for Arnold if he was recalled. And now I read he wants to start the school year in July or early Aug. outlandish. Has he checked with the Teacher Union on that one. I doubt it. My wife’s a teacher, been holding Zoom classes for a couple hours a day and private sessions for those that need it. She says no way in hell the union will go for that especially because there’s so many lazy teachers. Good luck Gomer Gavin. I’d vote for a recall in a NY minute at this point.
I don't know about the rest of the state but in the school district where my grandson attends school starts on August 6th and that was planned before we ever heard about a coronavirus. But I'm sure you're right teachers aren't going to be willing to teach when they would ordinarily be off and I don't blame them

Last edited by 2sleepy; 04-28-2020 at 10:10 PM..

Old 04-28-2020, 10:09 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,184,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Oh my! You mean I won't be able to visit a salon for months? I've tried cutting my own hair a couple of times. The second time I did it, I said, "What made you think you could do it this time if you screwed it up the first time?"

This isn't going to be pretty.
Hair stylists are really struggling they are self employed and can’t get unemployment. There’s no way salons are staying closed for months. My salon is secretly open. They have all the curtains closed and I can’t park in the parking lot but I got my cut and color.

Thank God I’m leaving this crazy state. Good luck I hope you all survive despite the dictator

Old 04-28-2020, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by landlock View Post
How about brain-eating amoeba which live in California?
Naegleria fowleri. 98% mortality rate. You swim in a warm lake or river and end up with amoeba eating your brain.

Or, brain-eating fungus, Cryptococcus gattii... outbreak in Pacific Northwest, you walk by innocent-looking tree and a year later you're a goner, brain slowly destroyed. Up to 13 months incubation period and you don't even know.

Hantavirus. 40% mortality rate. Breathe dust from some mouse droppings...and a month later one is a goner. And that's just pulmonary Hantavirus form (like outbreaks in Yosemite and Sin Nombre in New Mexico). There's also Hantavirus hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome...5-15% death rate.

In Europe or Asia, hike that forest and get encephalitis-infected tick - all it has to do just crawl over the skin, doesn't even have to attach to transmit.... tick-borne encephalitis with 2-40% mortality (depending on the region where it's caught), or get paralyzed.

Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever...50% death rate. One tick bite (can also be transmitted between humans).

Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever...from a tick bite...3-5% mortality if treated, 30% otherwise.

West Nile virus, plague, Las Crosse encephalitis from mosquito bites, Powassian encephalitis from ticks 11% mortality, Eastern Equine encephalitis from mosquitoes in the Northeast 33-70% mortality rate, so much disease out in nature....
Definitely some bad stuff out there, just to think of how many times could get them....
Is all of that supposed to make me want movie theaters to reopen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California