Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2020, 02:53 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,337,681 times

Advertisements

Here’s another ... who can resist puppies?

Feeling lonely while social distancing at home? Consider fostering a puppy this National Puppy Day
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/us/na...rnd/index.html

Old 03-23-2020, 02:55 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Ok Mike ... this isn’t a California-related COVID19 story either. But ya gotta love it

SOME TWITTER USERS REALLY THINK PUTIN RELEASED HUNDREDS OF LIONS IN RUSSIAN STREETS TO MAKE PEOPLE STAY HOME
https://www.newsweek.com/some-twitte...e-stay-1493775
Twitter is such a good source of accurate facts.

Old 03-23-2020, 03:03 PM

1,156 posts, read 986,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Ok Mike ... this isn’t a California-related COVID19 story either. But ya gotta love it

SOME TWITTER USERS REALLY THINK PUTIN RELEASED HUNDREDS OF LIONS IN RUSSIAN STREETS TO MAKE PEOPLE STAY HOME
https://www.newsweek.com/some-twitte...e-stay-1493775
Hilarious, got to hand it to the tweeters.

Old 03-23-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Twitter is such a good source of accurate facts.
And very scary, these have become the main source of news for the younger ones. Ok, I'm on this too much nowadays with working from home, actually got blocked from posting because had to wait 60 seconds. Let me clarify, blocked from C-D because you apparently have to wait for 60 seconds between posts (never knew that). Beginning to feel like a crack head.

https://www.fosi.org/good-digital-pa...al-media-news/

Last edited by TR95; 03-23-2020 at 03:14 PM..

Old 03-23-2020, 03:21 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,813,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
And some of the reason that Italy's rate has gone up so much may be because residents have been infected by people from China. So much for the theory that there's something encouraging about hearing that the number of China's cases have gone down. We have such limited information.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/21/w...r-lessons.html

My hope is news stories & articles like you posted will get enough people in this state and those in the other states with a shelter in place order, to take it seriously and follow the shelter in place guidelines. The sooner the infection rate curse gets flattened, the better.......I am looking forward to the day when they may be able to relax things a bit......resulting in more people going back to work, more businesses back open. It would be great if once the current 3 week shelter in place order ends, things could be relaxed a bit. But, I know that is likely being rather too optimistic.

Old 03-23-2020, 03:22 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR95 View Post
And very scary, these have become the main source of news for the younger ones. Ok, I'm on this too much nowadays with working from home, actually got blocked from posting because had to wait 60 seconds. Let me clarify, blocked from C-D because you apparently have to wait for 60 seconds between posts (never knew that). Beginning to feel like a crack head.

https://www.fosi.org/good-digital-pa...al-media-news/
Welcome to my world. At least I can say I don’t have Twitter.

Old 03-23-2020, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Welcome to my world. At least I can say I don’t have Twitter.
I joined last summer to just track my kids at the time. Now, I find myself tweeting at congress people, who obviously never reply to me. haha.

On another note, this is why I wonder why we should feel safe at a grocery store as opposed to dining in a restaurant that might try to adhere to allowing fewer people to dine in and give them enough space for social distancing.

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2020/03...sted-positive/

Old 03-23-2020, 03:46 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,140,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkasf View Post
More people have died from the flu, because many more people have had the flu. The idea is to flatten the curve of the infection rate so our healthcare system does not get overwhelmed and thereby we don't end up with a situation approaching what Italy has now.
So as result we should kill world economy? Good to know that.

Old 03-23-2020, 04:10 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,813,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
So as result we should kill world economy? Good to know that.

If the spread of the infection can be stunted, then hopefully the negative effect on our state, this country and the rest of the world can be minimized and the economic recovery can begin.
If you have a better and feasible to put into practice idea, then perhaps it is time for you to share with those making the decisions on how to respond to the covid-19 epidemic.

Old 03-23-2020, 04:16 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,685,446 times
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out:

‘Virtual’ online coronavirus symptom help available at Dignity facilities throughout Southern California
https://www.ocregister.com/2020/03/2...rn-california/

Quote:
Is it hay fever? Or the novel coronavirus?

Dignity Health hospitals in Southern California, besieged with people turning up at emergency rooms and urgent care facilities, launched on Monday, March 23, a virtual urgent care visit program, allowing people to discuss their symptoms online with a health care professional.

“Virtual urgent care visits are one way we will help patients with COVID-19 symptoms assess their options for treatment or testing,” said Julie J. Sprengel, Dignity Southwest Division president. “Virtual visits allow for timely care delivery without putting other patients or our clinicians at risk for contracting the virus.

“And while it’s not intended to replace in-person care visits,” she added, “it will help reduce patient volumes at care sites, so we can serve those who need care the most.”

To use the service, go to dignity health.org/virtualcareanywhere or download the Virtual Care Anywhere smartphone application. Patients can also call 855-356-8053 and use the coupon code “COVID-19.” The service fee is $35 per visit, but that will be waived for patients who think they may be experiencing symptoms of the coronavirus, officially known as COVID-19. After requesting a virtual care visit, providers will contact the patient once they are available, typically within 15 to 30 minutes, although high demand may result in longer wait times.

The service is on-demand only and does not accept appointments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California