Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2022, 12:44 AM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Did you skip the part where I said both my Covid addled friends are triple vaxxed ? Also I am vaxxed so how can I be a anti vaxxer?

I am also vaxxed but not boosted. IF the vaccines were proven effective and much lower risk than Covid for my demographic, I would have gotten boosted without a problem. Even now, I'd be willing to get boosted if it was a requirement for a concert I wanted to attend or an overseas trip I wanted to make but I don't think it should be mandated. Nor should any Covid restrictions exist after nearly 2 years of failure to "stop the virus". The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Old 01-02-2022, 02:34 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,285,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Did you skip the part where I said both my Covid addled friends are triple vaxxed ? Also I am vaxxed so how can I be a anti vaxxer?
You said you're done with vaccines, right? Over time, the booster will be less effective and additional ones will be needed.

Old 01-02-2022, 02:37 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,285,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
But the vaccinated can still spread it too. Marin County and SF have some of the worst case rates in the state and very high vax rates. And the healthcare system isn’t being overran in the Bay Area or coastal CA.

But yet you didn’t think about other people’s livelihoods and mental health with lockdowns so please spare us the virtue signaling.
You must've not read my previous post where I acknowledged vaccinated people can spread, but at a lower transmission rate. But, continue cherry picking information as you always do, so you can pretend that there's no pandemic going on.

The way to help people's livelihoods is to take precautions like we're all in it together. I gave you examples of Asian countries that have done just that and managed to stay open without lockdown. But, I guess having everyone vaccinated and wearing masks in public would be too much for you. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Old 01-02-2022, 09:22 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Maybe Los Angeles now is ahead of the curve with measures in 2022. Mask quality requirements and recommendations now for schools.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/l-county-...130055127.html
Except the rules don't go into effect for two weeks I hope many of the employees already had some of those masks and maybe can give extras to others there.

Last edited by goodheathen; 01-02-2022 at 10:14 AM..

Old 01-02-2022, 09:33 AM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Maybe Los Angeles now is ahead of the curve with measures in 2021. Mask quality requirements and recommendations now for schools.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/l-county-...130055127.html
Except the rules don't go into effect for two weeks I hope many of the employees already had some of those masks and maybe can give extras to others there.
Do you really think a bunch of school kids are going to shed their cloth decoration fashion masks to wear tightly sealed N95s for 6 hours a day the way medical staff wear them?

Old 01-02-2022, 10:27 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Let's focus on getting teens to wear medical-grade masks, preferably the KN95 type, and switch to hybrid learning for high schoolers if mitigation doesn't work. Maybe a company that wants good PR will supply small blue surgical masks at cost for small children.

Old 01-02-2022, 11:25 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
You must've not read my previous post where I acknowledged vaccinated people can spread, but at a lower transmission rate. But, continue cherry picking information as you always do, so you can pretend that there's no pandemic going on.

The way to help people's livelihoods is to take precautions like we're all in it together. I gave you examples of Asian countries that have done just that and managed to stay open without lockdown. But, I guess having everyone vaccinated and wearing masks in public would be too much for you. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
And you must have missed the part about SF and Marin having some the highest transmission rates in the state despite high vax rates. So if high vaccination rates significantly reduced transmission then that shouldn’t be the case there and every where else now should it? Hardly cherry picked when it’s happening everywhere all over the world. I know you blindly believe whatever the tv tells you but maybe actually look at the data for once.

Actually you said Asian countries locked down in the past then I showed they didn’t. And they stayed open despite having much lower vaccination rates at the time. And I was actually referring to when vaccines weren’t even widely available. But of course you think know what’s best for society and everyone needs to follow it. It’s not actually about “caring” about other people at all.

Also that booster you took is one less shot for a poor and middle income country that will only keep the pandemic and variants going. So much for “caring about others”

Old 01-02-2022, 11:39 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,668,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Couldn't be better said! Do you think we will still be having the same debates a year from now? Covid isn't ever going to go away.
I’m sure because some people still seem to have it in their mind Covid can be eradicated. Even with vaccines, treatments, and a more mild variant going around they’re still acting like it’s March 2020.

Old 01-02-2022, 11:43 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,454,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Do you really think a bunch of school kids are going to shed their cloth decoration fashion masks to wear tightly sealed N95s for 6 hours a day the way medical staff wear them?

Where I'm at they do because they have no choice if they need a fresh mask or break their fancy one or puke in it, etc. The schools only provide kf94 or kn94/whatever they are and they don't fuss. Kids are more resilient than we give them credit. The only ones who have mask issues are the ones whose parents instilled that thinking in them. Even the special needs crowd participates to some degree, although they're given a lot of slack.

Do I care what kind of mask kids are using? Nope. It's just a liability shield that they're wearing one.

But here's the thing, the fact that kids will wear masks throughout a school day proves that we never needed to shut down schools in the first place. All the mitigation efforts have worked well and they're very basic and easy to implement, masks being the simplest of them all. This is why I don't get a bug up my rear about masks. Whether they do something or nothing or somewhere in between doesn't matter to me. The fact that we can keep schools open for minimal effort is what counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Let's focus on getting teens to wear medical-grade masks, preferably the KN95 type, and switch to hybrid learning for high schoolers if mitigation doesn't work. Maybe a company that wants good PR will supply small blue surgical masks at cost for small children.

You're like a decade late for this, man. Kid-fitted masks have been a thing forever.

Old 01-02-2022, 11:51 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,454,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I’m sure because some people still seem to have it in their mind Covid can be eradicated. Even with vaccines, treatments, and a more mild variant going around they’re still acting like it’s March 2020.

I still think we can wipe it out because we've succeeded with other viruses in history too.
What's unrealistic though is the time frame some people expect this to happen within. We're barely a year into having vaccines available and the world is a much more global place than it ever has been. We're trying to contain something that has a million different avenues to spread and people are counting the months to achieve victory??? Sorry. Let's try maybe a decade or so. But it will happen.

Meanwhile, the potency seems to be diminishing with this variant which is an indicator that its behavior is consistent with other viruses. We have a lot to be thankful for here so I don't get all the doom and gloom teeth gnashing going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California