Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2020, 10:34 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,182,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Ok, fair enough you can share personal anecdotes about the hardship this is for your family but when I do the same it's "fairly irrelevant"
What’s that about 80% of our lives are unchanged? Your talking out of both sides of your mouth

Old 12-21-2020, 11:49 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I don’t think you get how much of a difference not having my kids be able to go school in-person or my wife having to work from home everyday save 4 hours a week makes. Our lives are very disrupted. Yeah sure if you’re retired it may not seem like much of difference.

Could you put them in a private school? One of my neighbors sends their kids to a private school that's open in person. After hearing about how the schools have so much leftest propaganda, I decided to send my future kids to private schools. They might actually learn something instead of being just fed propaganda.

Old 12-22-2020, 07:26 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,820,948 times
"To the alarm of California health officials, Christmas is looking an awful lot like Thanksgiving, when where social gatherings put an already unprecedented surge of the coronavirus into overdrive. The Thanksgiving “super-spreader” events helped fill hospitals with COVID-19 patients, forcing more restrictions on businesses and pushing the healthcare network to the brink.

But even the most dire public health warnings seemed to have failed to sink in. And in some cases, they are no match for the basic human need to spend time with loved ones, maintain family traditions and turn to others for support during challenging times."

Dire COVID warnings go unheeded as many insist on Christmas traditions; officials fear new surge:
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...e-travel-rises

Old 12-22-2020, 07:41 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
To be continued....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2cl..._channel=KTLA5

Yet, San Diego is at 22% but we are stuck with LA.

https://www.10news.com/news/local-ne...covid-19-cases

Most of us already knew it would drag out past the new year. Probably well into next year.

Old 12-22-2020, 08:52 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Ok, fair enough you can share personal anecdotes about the hardship this is for your family but when I do the same it's "fairly irrelevant"
No what you were doing is telling others that their lives aren't really that different and you can basically do 80% of what you could before. That may be true for you but it's not for a lot of others, that was my point. You have this tendency to minimize what others are going through when it comes to the pandemic.

Old 12-22-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Could you put them in a private school? One of my neighbors sends their kids to a private school that's open in person. After hearing about how the schools have so much leftest propaganda, I decided to send my future kids to private schools. They might actually learn something instead of being just fed propaganda.
Possibly, it would be a big financial strain I'm not sure we can handle right now. Plus I really like their school as it's a bilingual immersion one. I guess I was just hoping they would open in January like they said they would.

Old 12-22-2020, 09:07 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,285,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Yet, San Diego is at 22% but we are stuck with LA.
Well, if your county doesn't take more drastic actions to control the spread, pretty soon it'll be at 0% just like LA.

Old 12-22-2020, 09:11 AM

As COVID-19 explodes, was California too strict for its own good?

"How did it all go wrong for the state that issued the nation's first stay-at-home order in March and imposed some of the country's toughest restrictions? One possible explanation: The state and its counties have been too strict for their own good."

"California is unique because this particular lockdown came off as arbitrary and not data driven," she said. "That’s why the opposition to it is not just from those who believe COVID is a hoax; there's also opposition from medical professionals, lawmakers, parents and those with nuanced thinking who believe it’s too restrictive, and didn’t incorporate the biology of virus. A good example was the playground closures, which ended up getting reversed because it was not nuanced and didn't take equity into account.

This is kind of what I have saying lately; CA may have "overmanaged" the pandemic and made it worse that it otherwise might have been. It's pretty par for the course with CA too.

Last edited by sav858; 12-22-2020 at 09:24 AM..

Old 12-22-2020, 09:35 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Well, if your county doesn't take more drastic actions to control the spread, pretty soon it'll be at 0% just like LA.
We are already on the stay at home order. Do we shoot people that insist on eating outside? Because that's about all that is left that can be done.

Old 12-22-2020, 09:40 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,285,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We are already on the stay at home order. Do we shoot people that insist on eating outside? Because that's about all that is left that can be done.
My point was that extending the stay at home order is what is needed to prevent the ICU's from reaching 0% capacity and even that may not be enough.

I think you and I look at these orders completely differently. You view this as a government overreach whereas I view them as a result of bad behavior (lack of mask wearing, social distancing, etc.). In my view, if you don't want stricter government orders, comply with the ones we have in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California