Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2020, 11:40 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,813 times

Advertisements

Now that the election is over, I think the powers that be in California (I know there was a ruling against Newsom's one man rule a few days ago) will go one of two bimodel ways rather than the half assed approach we are using right now.

1) They got the desired results in the election so they will loosen considerably. Get rid of the color tier system and let each county decide for themselves. Still no large indoor gatherings (such as conventions) but loosen up a lot of the restrictions and ONLY tightening up if the surge results in a shortage of hospital beds and not enough room for Covid patients. Those at risk still advised to stay home but many of the "mandates" will be lifted or changed to "strongly advised".

OR

2) Double down on the lockdowns putting us back to SIP like we were in April but maybe even stricter rules. ONLY bare essential stores (groceries, pharmacies, gas stations) are open. You are not allowed to be within 6 feet of ANYONE who does NOT live in your household UNLESS you are getting medial care from a professional. You MUST wear a mask if you step outside your private property and that includes getting the mail. If you step outside your house with your nose or mouth uncovered OR are caught seeing or talking to anyone in person (even stopping to talk to a neighbor with both of your wearing masks while walking your dog) who doesn't live in your household, you will be cited and fined $1,000. They will only enforce those rules in middle to upper class communities where people are generally law abiding and will generally pay up. They will do this to increase revenue to make up for all the tax $$$ they used to get from non-essential businesses. This very strict SIP would last until there's a vaccine widely available.

Old 11-07-2020, 11:44 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,144,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Now that the election is over, I think the powers that be in California (I know there was a ruling against Newsom's one man rule a few days ago) will go one of two bimodel ways rather than the half assed approach we are using right now.

1) They got the desired results in the election so they will loosen considerably. Get rid of the color tier system and let each county decide for themselves. Still no large indoor gatherings (such as conventions) but loosen up a lot of the restrictions and ONLY tightening up if the surge results in a shortage of hospital beds and not enough room for Covid patients. Those at risk still advised to stay home but many of the "mandates" will be lifted or changed to "strongly advised".

OR

2) Double down on the lockdowns putting us back to SIP like we were in April but maybe even stricter rules. ONLY bare essential stores (groceries, pharmacies, gas stations) are open. You are not allowed to be within 6 feet of ANYONE who does NOT live in your household UNLESS you are getting medial care from a professional. You MUST wear a mask if you step outside your private property and that includes getting the mail. If you step outside your house with your nose or mouth uncovered OR are caught seeing or talking to anyone in person (even stopping to talk to a neighbor with both of your wearing masks while walking your dog) who doesn't live in your household, you will be cited and fined $1,000. They will only enforce those rules in middle to upper class communities where people are generally law abiding and will generally pay up. They will do this to increase revenue to make up for all the tax $$$ they used to get from non-essential businesses. This very strict SIP would last until there's a vaccine widely available.

I am looking forward to that. Lawsuits will start flying in minutes not days over such attempt.

Old 11-07-2020, 11:49 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,034,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
I am looking forward to that. Lawsuits will start flying in minutes not days over such attempt.

I can see them being able to enforce those rules in the well off parts of Silicon Valley populated by mostly well off Asian tech workers (both East and South Asians) and they would go after them for the smallest reasons for the fine money. They would totally ignore the ghettos or any poorer areas because of hostility from the locals (they can't even stop them from rioting and they might actually get shot for just telling someone to put on a mask) and they wouldn't be able to afford the fines anyway.

Old 11-08-2020, 01:38 AM

3,348 posts, read 2,313,475 times
Turning on the tv today I see that apparently for some reason wall to wall or curb to curb wall of people celebrating Biden’s win is magically less of a concern to so called state health officials than small private events. All about politics right. Apparently fall festivals are too dangerous but these are not nor is having so many people touch pens or contact items at polling stations.

Though it appears spikes are a global phenomenon no matter the situation in an area and whether they had events such as Election Day or how dracon or not they enforce authoritarian Covid 19 tactics on their citizens.

I am glad that there some countries/states/local governments around the world who realize that bickering, blaming, finger pointing, and instigating police state or totalitarian control tactics do no good except harm. And have stopped bickering on Covid 19 and case rates or locking people or businesses down again. And they do better or at least no worse with these waves than places that do engage in the above. Those European places with severe March/April house arrest policies are now back in lockdown with severe cases spiking. While other parts of the Schengen area with laxer policies both during the beginning and today while they may still experience spikes it’s no worse despite loser to nonexistent restrictions.

For Silicon Valley
Are you talking Los Altos?
I know Santa Cruz is very fine happy since all this begin.
So had been Manhattan beach and Santa Monica in SoCal.
Though there are also many other local governments that take the Scandinavian approach but they do fine or no worse at least.

Also how come there are many outbreaks are happening in jails and prisons. I be curious why as they are practically cut off from the outside world. Unless they keep adding new inmates(unlikely as they are downsizing and courts were closed for quite a while) or the guards or family visitors to inmates are bringing cases in?

Old 11-08-2020, 06:04 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,280,482 times
Quote:

OR

I think #1 is more likely. Part of that recent court decision was that Newsom couldn’t abuse his power anymore and I think #2 falls into that category.

There’s now dozens of businesses by us that said if there’s another lockdown, they’ll defy it. Those are the first businesses I’ll frequent.

If the “protests” and celebrations have taught me anything, it’s that the virus has been completely politicized.

Old 11-08-2020, 06:28 AM

26,739 posts, read 26,828,098 times
Quote:

1) Get rid of the color tier system and let each county decide for themselves.

OR

2) Double down on the lockdowns putting us back to SIP like we were in April but maybe even stricter rules. .
Such dramatic contrasts. The immediate issue Biden will face with this is to undo this message:

"With the fake news, everything is Covid, Covid, Covid, Covid," Trump said at a rally last week in Wisconsin, where cases have spiked in recent days.

Old 11-08-2020, 06:57 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,361,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizensadvocate View Post
I am glad that there some countries/states/local governments around the world who realize that bickering, blaming, finger pointing, and instigating police state or totalitarian control tactics do no good except harm. And have stopped bickering on Covid 19 and case rates or locking people or businesses down again. ...
And yet you continue to bicker, blame and finger point, yourself ... ummm.

Old 11-08-2020, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
... the virus has been completely politicized.
No, it hasn’t. People are politicized. Viruses have no ideologies.

Old 11-08-2020, 07:38 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,280,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
No, it hasn’t. People are politicized. Viruses have no ideologies.
Sure it has. You’re confusing political with politicize. Objects, items, viruses can’t be political, but they can be politicized.

politicize

/ pəˈlɪt əˌsaɪz /PHONETIC RESPELLING
verb (used with object), po·lit·i·cized, po·lit·i·ciz·ing.
to bring a political character or flavor to; make political:
to politicize a private dispute.

Old 11-08-2020, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Sure it has. You’re confusing political with politicize. Objects, items, viruses can’t be political, but they can be politicized.

politicize

/ pəˈlɪt əˌsaɪz /PHONETIC RESPELLING
verb (used with object), po·lit·i·cized, po·lit·i·ciz·ing.
to bring a political character or flavor to; make political:
to politicize a private dispute.
Yeah, I get it Mike. But you handed me a straight line to make a point. The politicization is all in peoples’ heads. And it’s all just more example of how little people use their heads objectively.

Stupid human tricks.

F*** politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California