Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2022, 05:25 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I'm seeing more masks on store employees now. N95s still aren't the norm.
So, basically still virtue signaling. Wow.

Old 06-06-2022, 05:28 PM

3,079 posts, read 1,745,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So, basically still virtue signaling. Wow.
Or just CYA by the companies. Ask all employees to mask so you don't get sued.

Old 06-06-2022, 05:36 PM

1,638 posts, read 1,110,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Most companies even in the Bay Area don't require masks (outside of Almeda county where apparently many/most people arent complying from what Ive read). It's mostly all voluntary. There's exceptions for healthcare workers that work with patients, prisons and nursing homes.

I knew someone in the Bay that loudly proclaimed that he used to wear masks outdoors because Trump said not to and he wanted everyone around his neighborhood to know masks were good. They're basically MAGA hats for neurotic super liberal whiners.

Old 06-06-2022, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbiodude View Post
Most companies even in the Bay Area don't require masks (outside of Almeda county where apparently many/most people arent complying from what Ive read). It's mostly all voluntary. There's exceptions for healthcare workers that work with patients, prisons and nursing homes.

I knew someone in the Bay that loudly proclaimed that he used to wear masks outdoors because Trump said not to and he wanted everyone around his neighborhood to know masks were good. They're basically MAGA hats for neurotic super liberal whiners.
We have a handful of people that still have those yard signs from years ago. Good to identify the nutters. Two houses were in sign wars. It was comical the extent they would both go. One "side" eventually put up shrubs to block out the neighbor's view. Whatever that means. Good god.

Old 06-06-2022, 05:48 PM

19,217 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Basically, yes. We aren't big in the mask wearing here but we're not as heavily populated as the area in SoCal and our cases are very low. Businesses aren't squeamish about allowing people to roam the store with their face naked. Funny but a few of the clerks I see with a mask on have it hanging below their nose. I mean c'mon. What's the point of wearing one if you're going to do it that way?

Old 06-06-2022, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Basically, yes. We aren't big in the mask wearing here but we're not as heavily populated as the area in SoCal and our cases are very low. Businesses aren't squeamish about allowing people to roam the store with their face naked. Funny but a few of the clerks I see with a mask on have it hanging below their nose. I mean c'mon. What's the point of wearing one if you're going to do it that way?
At this point it's like wearing a jersey for which team you are rooting for.

Old 06-06-2022, 05:52 PM

19,217 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
At this point it's like wearing a jersey for which team you are rooting for.
An just about as dangerous.

Old 06-06-2022, 07:24 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter858 View Post
Doesn't look like anyone read the 23&Me Study. Just what would be expected of people with other issues. So again, big deal. Long covid is fear-mongering at its finest.

In regression analyses controlling for age, sex, and ethnicity, 23andMe researchers found that those who reported that they had depression or anxiety prior to COVID-19 infection had a two-fold increase in the risk of being diagnosed with long COVID, and having a cardiometabolic disease was associated with a 90 percent higher risk of being diagnosed. Cardiometabolic diseases include conditions such as high blood pressure, coronary artery disease, type 2 diabetes, and high cholesterol.

https://blog.23andme.com/23andme-res...on-long-covid/
Thanks for sharing this and it doesn’t come as a surprise. So basically people with preexisting conditions it seems like but all we ever see in the media are these random stories of “once young and healthy” types.

Old 06-06-2022, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Thanks for sharing this and it doesn’t come as a surprise. So basically people with preexisting conditions it seems like but all we ever see in the media are these random stories of “once young and healthy” types.
Fear media needs to get clicks, it's what they do. It's how they make money. Leave it to Beaver stories don't rile people up.

Old 06-06-2022, 10:50 PM

3,079 posts, read 1,745,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbiodude View Post

lol. What a great observation! Yeah the weird thing is target employees are hardly masked while Home Depot employees are very masked. I would think that if it were voluntary it would be the other way around but who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California