Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 11:50 PM

665 posts, read 612,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxNative1995 View Post
Why are people comparing the Central Valley to the Inland Empire? Give me Chino Hills anyday over Bakersfield. Even San Bernardino is closer to LA.
Because they don't know any better. Even though Chino Hills is nicer than Bakersfield it is still expensive and out of reach for many people in terms of housing costs. I thought about moving to Chino Hills and realized it didn't make any sense for me since it was further out than I wanted to go for that price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 11:52 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,873,273 times
The Northwest and Southwest Areas are more newer and has a lot of nice neighborhoods,but if you prefer older neighborhoods then you'll find those in Central Bakersfield and The Northeast...The Northeast is also more hilly and has some nice neighborhoods with awesome views,and as you head towards the Rio Bravo area you'll find some new communities in that area as well....Southeast is like a mixture of some nice neighborhoods and some not so nice neighborhoods with higher crime rates.

Here are a few interesting links below about things to see and do in Bakersfield and around Kern County.

Kern County | Official Tourism Bureau

https://www.visitbakersfield.com/visitors/

https://www.visitbakersfield.com/visitors/attractions/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyab523 View Post
Thanks everyone, according to stats I've been living in the worst places to live and Bakersfield seemed just fine to me. I went ahead and accepted the job offer. Northwest and Southwest are the best neighborhoods correct?

Old 02-20-2018, 11:54 PM

Yup many parts of the Inland Empire has become more pricey compared to The Central Valley or Bakersfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasy973 View Post
Because they don't know any better. Even though Chino Hills is nicer than Bakersfield it is still expensive and out of reach for many people in terms of housing costs. I thought about moving to Chino Hills and realized it didn't make any sense for me since it was further out than I wanted to go for that price.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Thanks everyone, according to stats I've been living in the worst places to live and Bakersfield seemed just fine to me. I went ahead and accepted the job offer. Northwest and Southwest are the best neighborhoods correct?
OP, I hope the decision suits you well. In Bakersfield, the west side is the best side. I think from a few times that I have there, the NW portion of Bako is better than the SW. Anything around the 58 fwy west off the 99 I think deserves a look in terms of housing. I hope you either got a good relocation package with a very good salary or that you have a car with very good gas mileage because you will traveling from there for some activities (Pismo, Santa Barbara, LA, etc.)

Old 02-21-2018, 11:09 AM

334 posts, read 285,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajams22 View Post
Not everyone wants a big family.
Sure. Housings is expensive.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:45 PM

405 posts, read 572,994 times
Quote:
OP, I hope the decision suits you well. In Bakersfield, the west side is the best side. I think from a few times that I have there, the NW portion of Bako is better than the SW. Anything around the 58 fwy west off the 99 I think deserves a look in terms of housing. I hope you either got a good relocation package with a very good salary or that you have a car with very good gas mileage because you will traveling from there for some activities (Pismo, Santa Barbara, LA, etc.)
My commute now is 1 hour and 10 minutes one way so I have no problem traveling on the weekends to LA if need be. My salary is in the 200k range and I was told I could live very well there with that salary.

Old 02-21-2018, 03:32 PM

234 posts, read 303,465 times
You will live like a king on 200k in Bakersfield.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:19 PM

With that salary you will live really well in Bakersfield...You can get a nice home or apartment in a nice neighborhood and you'll have extra to travel around and see so many other sites and attractions around California as well.

Quote:
My commute now is 1 hour and 10 minutes one way so I have no problem traveling on the weekends to LA if need be. My salary is in the 200k range and I was told I could live very well there with that salary.

Old 02-22-2018, 02:22 AM

Quote:
That is very good! With the housing market up there you will definitely have options in Bakersfield. You might even be able to buy a vacation home on the coast at a location of your choosing pretty soon.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:00 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,335,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxNative1995 View Post
Why are people comparing the Central Valley to the Inland Empire? Give me Chino Hills anyday over Bakersfield. Even San Bernardino is closer to LA.
Quote:
I did not see anyone comparing the Central Valley to the Inland Empire. I did see people include the IE in the post. No comparisons were made that i saw though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California