Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 08:40 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahme22 View Post
Snow is right about much of Shasta Co, except Redding's homeless population since she's been here has exploded to other areas of town. It's not unusual to see homeless camps far from downtown, and groups of homeless on Lake Blvd, East Cypress, Hilltop and Dana. All major streets far from downtown as law enforcement is cracking down more on the downtown area due to pressure from downtown businesses. Basically, you can't go anywhere in Redding now without seeing homeless, many of them dealing and doing heroin in broad daylight!
Wow, that's sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 08:46 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
No More Snow is pontificating about Eureka again , apparently without ever having been there. If she ever actually CAME here she could see that my neighbors and I DO take care of our homes and most of what else she said was wrong also.
Definitely been there, or how would I know? I'm glad you take care of your home. But, I guess I didn't see it. Must be off the beaten path from the downtown area, or the medical offices areas or anywhere someone would pull off into town to get something to eat.

This was my take. I have definitely been there. My opinion is mine and I'm stickin' to it. You can pull out some alternative facts, but that don't change the truth. Have at it. No skin off my nose. Anyone who goes there will either fit in, or will hate it, and will hopefully be smart enough to keep enough cash on hand to be able to keep going if they don't like it there.

But, why take it personally? Have you cleaned your glasses and looked at the town like a tourist would? How can you possibly miss all of the homeless crawling all over downtown, or the moldy rotting buildings downtown?

Unless you are some kind of real estate agent, why not be completely honest about the state of the area? Or do you really not see it through the eyes of someone not from there anymore?

Old 10-18-2017, 09:20 PM

1,377 posts, read 2,131,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Pioneer Point (the furthest north section) is the best part of Trona.

I wouldn't leave my home for two long, and would want anything I cared about bolted down.
Curious, but how in what way is Pioneer Point the best part of Trona?

Old 10-19-2017, 01:15 PM

Now, let's get back into this topic, shall we?...

As said before, any info on any of these NorCal counties is very much welcomed!

Old 10-19-2017, 02:30 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,936,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Graves View Post
Curious, but how in what way is Pioneer Point the best part of Trona?
Nicest homes, most sane residents, etc.

But, yes, back on topic. This whole thread has got me Norcal dreamin.

Old 10-19-2017, 02:37 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times
Quote:
Maybe a bear, but not Bigfoot.
Or a bear dressed as a Bigfoot.

Old 10-19-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Nicest homes, most sane residents, etc.

But, yes, back on topic. This whole thread has got me Norcal dreamin.
Same here. Well, kind of.

Old 10-19-2017, 02:51 PM

Other than Clearlake, Redding, Red Bluff, Oroville, Orland, Eureka, etc., are there other cities and/or towns up in the far North State that commonly get a bad reputation, and why?

Old 10-19-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Or a bear dressed as a Bigfoot.
That too.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:56 PM

38 posts, read 63,992 times
Quote:
Other than Clearlake, Redding, Red Bluff, Oroville, Orland, Eureka, etc., are there other cities and/or towns up in the far North State that commonly get a bad reputation, and why?
Shasta Lake City ( aka Central Valley) a small city about 10 minutes north of Redding has had a bad rep for years, primarily because of lower costs of housing, lack of jobs and a larger population of folks on welfare ( and a sizeable number of riff raff ). However, due to the fact that SLC now has the only marijuana collectives ( 3 ) in Shasta County that bring in lots of money from taxes the city is more able to afford improvements in the area. Also the Sheriff's Department has been doing a better job of policing SLC than the Redding Police Department comparatively.

Anderson, sometimes referred to as Anderscum, and similar to SLC and also close to Redding at 15 minutes south, has been enjoying a better reputation lately in part due to the Anderson Police Department doing a seemingly better job as well than the RPD. Reading the Redding Crime 2.0 facebook page there has been much praise for the job that APD is doing, and I personally am considering a move to Anderson as I have never seen as large a criminal element in Anderson as I have recently seen in Redding.

Last edited by Mahme22; 10-19-2017 at 08:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California