Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 12:45 PM

2 posts, read 6,239 times

Advertisements

hello

we would like to move back to Montana and i need to know where American Staffordshire Terriers are welcomed! i wont move without my dog! Shes my life and my family loves hers too!

we are looking to move back to montana not sure where but if anyone could help us it would be greatly appreciated! we use to live in Wibaux montana but i really wanna move back! i miss Montana it was home to me and my family! plz help us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 02:29 PM

75 posts, read 521,858 times
Terriers are welcome throughout MontanaModerator cut: offensive

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 10-13-2007 at 06:40 AM..

Old 10-07-2007, 02:32 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,470,125 times
I don't know anyplace where they are welcome. Maybe you should pick a place that is best for your family instead of your dogs. Unfortunately pitbulls are becoming a very hated breed and bringing these kind of dogs will not make for a very friendly welcome in a new city.

We got rid of our pitbull we moved here.

Last edited by citigirl; 10-07-2007 at 03:57 PM..

Old 10-07-2007, 03:46 PM

989 posts, read 3,527,735 times
Pitbulls = trouble. Everyone knows it but the pitbull owners. BTW, I am a former pit bull owner.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:29 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
I haven't seen or heard anyone say anything bad about Terriers around the Flathead. I don't think anyone cares as long as the dogs are well behaved and under control. I don't care if its a poodle or a doberman, if it's running around loose, pooping in others yards and chasing people,game or livestock it won't be welcome anywhere.
Same goes for people!

Old 10-07-2007, 05:18 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,074,064 times
I second that ! My neighbors have a so called "pit bull" and it is a sweet dog as long as no toddlers walk near its home and as long as its chain doesn't break as it always does. It chases horses and corners frightened kids on the way to school just like all the rest of the dogs running loose in our town. The loose dog situation got so bad in our town that poisonings were occurring. We now have a dog catcher and did things shape up fast. !
As long as you don't bring a ruined dog here I doubt if anyone will object to the breed so long as the dog is controlled. I know of bull terriers who have turned on their owners and their kids. These breeds have been bred to fight and a pit (fighting) bred dog no matter what breed can be dangerous and may be rejected by a community. At least you have a staffordshire as they aren't all that large. It's the Presa Canarios that are pit bred and trained that freak me out.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:27 PM

1,153 posts, read 4,561,135 times
My grandfather used to shoot at stray dogs entering his yard. So don't let your dog loose in Montana

Old 10-08-2007, 12:01 AM

922 posts, read 1,909,729 times
Default out of control dogs

If a dog will attack a person without being on command, its dead meat with me. that includes if its running horses, or wildlife. doesnt matter what state you're in.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
I second that ! My neighbors have a so called "pit bull" and it is a sweet dog as long as no toddlers walk near its home and as long as its chain doesn't break as it always does. It chases horses and corners frightened kids on the way to school just like all the rest of the dogs running loose in our town. The loose dog situation got so bad in our town that poisonings were occurring. We now have a dog catcher and did things shape up fast. !
As long as you don't bring a ruined dog here I doubt if anyone will object to the breed so long as the dog is controlled. I know of bull terriers who have turned on their owners and their kids. These breeds have been bred to fight and a pit (fighting) bred dog no matter what breed can be dangerous and may be rejected by a community. At least you have a staffordshire as they aren't all that large. It's the Presa Canarios that are pit bred and trained that freak me out.
That is correct and many people just ignore or are not aware that these dogs were not bred to be pets or the family dog but to fight. We were given our pitbull as a pup and we made sure it was highly socialized. We made sure every child on the block came and played with her as much as possible and she was introduced to every neighbor. We were not interested in a guard dog and we did not want to worry about the liabilites with owning a pitbull.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
If a dog will attack a person without being on command, its dead meat with me. that includes if its running horses, or wildlife. doesnt matter what state you're in.
I had a lot of uncles that were farmers and the law was if a dog went after a person or a domestic animal it was put down without hesitation. That is an animal that can no longer be trusted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana