Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 03:29 PM

13,584 posts, read 15,686,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Older, fed up, or priced out native Californians are moving elsewhere. Thanks to our lax immigration policy, they are quickly replaced by foreigners from China, India, Armenia, etc., and of course Mexico. I know of many ladies who married Americans to become citizens so they can bring their parents here. That number is relatively small compared to illegal immigration from Mexico though.
From which countries do those ladies usually come?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 05:23 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,290,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
I was once offered to be introduced to a nice Filipina for marriage. For a cut of course. I declined.

Old 10-24-2017, 03:54 AM

1,996 posts, read 4,775,172 times
Come down to San Diego, there’s white people everywhere! I’m being serious. Actually SD is very white for a big city in CA, probably one of the last as well. East County region of SD has the vibe of being in Texas or Alabama, the people look it too. Lots of rural communities here that are home to a lot of country types folks that seem to be stuck back in time and like it that way. The beach areas are also fully white including the majority of wealthy North County SD.

Don’t be fooled by census figures, take a look with your own eyes, they are hardly any hispanics/Latinos in SD compared to the rest of SoCal. Most live in the Southern portions of the county and are really segregated from the rest of the city. You find Nordic/Angelo Saxon Whites all over San Diego, even in the roughest and ghettoest of hoods, while in L.A. you might not spot a White person for miles, or if ever depending on location.

Similar situations are occurring in San Diego like they are happening in the L.A. area.

Many older urban neighborhoods are gentrifying at a rapid pace, thus displacing a lot of minorities and poor people. Old craftsman homes that sit on huge lots are also being demolished and made way for small condo units charging $500,000 per unit! Developers are getting smart and are taking advantage of the tight housing market so they’re maximizing their purchase by quadrupling their profits at the end of the day at the expense of some beautiful old homes that have character. Looking at these massive condo projects look so out of place next to all the craftsman homes in the neighborhood, they stand out like a sore thumb, and really ruin the vibe and character of the neighborhood. I really cannot bare to look at them. Modern design is extremely bland and soulless.

I believe the majority of homes sold in CA are to flippers and or investment companies that have a ton of capital to spend on buying pub property. How do I know? Anytime a house is sold, do you notice how fast it’s being renovated? If you do it’s obvious an investor bought it and is either going to resale it for more, or is simply just going to rent it out charging the highest amount of rent whatever the market can bear.

I rarely see families moving in homes that are sold in my neighborhood. It’s all investors.

CA seriously needs to ban or set up some sort of moratorium on investors taking so many homes off the market when families are the ones that desperately need the housing. Say what you want and how this is a capitalist society, well in this case, the government needs to intervene to temporarily ban investors from literally outbidding everyone else since the majority of Californians can’t afford to purchase a house here because of them as they are contributing to the housing crisis. The homelessness has gotten out of control in San Diego and the figures will continue to worsen as the greed that beholdens this city is finally stopped or at least slowed down.

Last edited by sdlife619; 10-24-2017 at 04:06 AM..

Old 10-24-2017, 12:49 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,887,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Subverting what? Racial purity no longer exists, thanks to Columbus.
The real problem is the pollution of our Precious Bodily Fluids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Kvg...outu.be&t=1m8s

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr2bS...utu.be&t=1m24s

Old 10-24-2017, 01:36 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,802,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
The cases that I know of are from Asia. They are often desperate to flee their country that the well-off families offer Americans money (I have seen up to $50K) to marry their daughter.

Old 10-24-2017, 01:42 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,292,618 times
Quote:
The cases that I know of are from Asia. They are often desperate to flee their country that the well-off families offer Americans money (I have seen up to $50K) to marry their daughter.
that is if they can fool the consuls. every US Embassy employ investigators to look into these marriage for conveniences.

unless the ones you know actually were able to bring these "spouses" into the states then divorced them later on, they are just hearsays.

do you personally know one who pulled this trick?

Old 10-24-2017, 03:21 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,730,486 times
Quote:
Can you send me some more information on how to contact them?

Old 10-24-2017, 04:21 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,802,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
that is if they can fool the consuls. every US Embassy employ investigators to look into these marriage for conveniences.

unless the ones you know actually were able to bring these "spouses" into the states then divorced them later on, they are just hearsays.

do you personally know one who pulled this trick?
Let me indirectly address this. We have a huge problem with illegal drugs in this country. The DEA and every police agencies in the nation employ narcotics investigators to try to stop drugs from coming into the country. But the drugs keep coming in.

The world is not black and white. Things are not always what the brochure says.

Old 10-24-2017, 04:34 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,292,618 times
Quote:
Let me indirectly address this. We have a huge problem with illegal drugs in this country. The DEA and every police agencies in the nation employ narcotics investigators to try to stop drugs from coming into the country. But the drugs keep coming in.

The world is not black and white. Things are never what the brochure says.
drugs are billion dollar illegal trade/industry. there are a lot of money to be made and there are a lot of willing victims. its really hard to stop that.

marriage for convenience/pay?? the consul alone can stop that happening. if he is not satisfied, could ask their investigators to go and check. then you have the act of cohabiting then divorcing if ever they were able to trick the consul.

marrying an old American? that I see lot but I only know one who got divorced. its not anecdote

Old 10-24-2017, 04:56 PM

13,584 posts, read 15,686,495 times
Author of Adios California is on John and Ken right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California