Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 12:13 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,985,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombocom View Post
Travel freedom is low because of seat belt laws?
And that pesky open container law! California drivers don't have the freedom to drink alcohol while driving. Oh the humanity!

What a load of dung that Mercatus place is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2014, 12:16 PM

24,411 posts, read 27,025,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
And that pesky open container law! California drivers don't have the freedom to drink alcohol while driving. Oh the humanity!

What a load of dung that Mercatus place is.
We also don't have the freedom to put recently aborted fetuses into a meat processor and serve it to customers as the soup de jour! We are missing out in California!

Old 01-03-2014, 12:48 PM

47,008 posts, read 26,069,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine7793 View Post
Anyone surprised by this? Not me considering our out-of-control legislature.

Freedom in the 50 States 2013 | Overall Freedom | Mercatus Center
That website is comedy gold.

Quote:
Nanny State Laws: This user-created category combines laws designed to protect people from themselves, including helmet and seat belt laws, cell phone restrictions while driving...
Cellphone restrictions while driving doesn't protect people from themselves, it protects their goddamn surroundings from distracted drivers.

And "Tobacco Freedom"? Seriously?

Old 01-03-2014, 01:05 PM

1,658 posts, read 3,551,062 times
I guess I can't like CA anymore, since the Mercatus Center decided that I wasn't free here.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:07 PM

36,666 posts, read 67,617,460 times
Sorry to the OP, I can't stop and talk cause I'm not free.

Old 01-03-2014, 03:55 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,859,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Sorry to the OP, I can't stop and talk cause I'm not free.
[I'm not even posting this cause I'm being held in a bunker under Barstow with no WiFi]

Old 01-03-2014, 04:41 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,940,039 times
California ? you mean the state that has been chasing out business ever since NAFTA.
The state that more working people are leave for other states to find jobs, and more illegals are coming for welfare ?
The state that bends to every private interest group and it's leader ship has betrayed the constitution time and time again in secret sessions .
The state that environmentalist are driving into the ground but don't live by their own preaching ?
The state products and service chemicals are systematically being banned from the state, including may other things other states have no problem with.
The state that established illegal infringements on gun rights ,according to the constitution ?
You mean that state ?
I have lived here 63 years and have been voting against the abusives that are distorting the place .
When liberals cheat the vote and play their shaniagins in the voting booth ,it gets frustrating . when letters that are sent to representatives are ignored it is frustrating .
Who is going to fund the massive welfare, if there are no people working ?
Where is the money coming from to give to private interest ?
When you cannot pay your taxes they WILL take your home .
What then ?
When the dollar crashes or every one is forced to work on credit and a cashless society the government can take what you have away ,at any moment in time.( It has already been implemented in one area back east, heard a while back.)
At least we have good weather most of the time .

Old 01-03-2014, 05:05 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,859,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
California ? you mean the state that has been chasing out business ever since NAFTA.
The state that more working people are leave for other states to find jobs, and more illegals are coming for welfare ?
The state that bends to every private interest group and it's leader ship has betrayed the constitution time and time again in secret sessions .
The state that environmentalist are driving into the ground but don't live by their own preaching ?
The state products and service chemicals are systematically being banned from the state, including may other things other states have no problem with.
The state that established illegal infringements on gun rights ,according to the constitution ?
You mean that state ?
I have lived here 63 years and have been voting against the abusives that are distorting the place .
When liberals cheat the vote and play their shaniagins in the voting booth ,it gets frustrating . when letters that are sent to representatives are ignored it is frustrating .
Who is going to fund the massive welfare, if there are no people working ?
Where is the money coming from to give to private interest ?
When you cannot pay your taxes they WILL take your home .
What then ?
When the dollar crashes or every one is forced to work on credit and a cashless society the government can take what you have away ,at any moment in time.( It has already been implemented in one area back east, heard a while back.)
At least we have good weather most of the time .
You failed to mention the awful educational system. You know, the one that has obviously failed to teach grammar?

Old 01-03-2014, 05:08 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,023,517 times
the sooner crazy, paranoid, libertarian teabaggers leave the state (and hopefully the country) we will all be better off...

Old 01-03-2014, 05:09 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,571,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I have patience for only one line of this tired nonsense.

An international trade pact was negotiated by global corporate interests and executed by the Federal government, and you blame the government of the state with the highest property values and, consequently, the most immediate vulnerability to manufacturing arbitrage, because the agreement worked exactly as it was designed. GTFO.

Too bad the the only organized, vocal opposition to NAFTA at the time were liberals and commie "trade unionists".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California