Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 03:26 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,718,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard64 View Post
Helsinki?
Mighty tempting to join you in recommending Helsinki, let me tell ya.

Perhaps off the continental US would be enough though. Would Homer, Alaska be to OP's liking?

Quote:
The racial makeup of the city was 89.3% White, 4.1% American Indian and Alaska Native, 1.0% Asian, 0.4% African American, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 0.6% from other races, and 4.5% from two or more races. Hispanics and Latinos of any race were 2.1% of the population.[5]
Homer, Alaska - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Harsher winters than Boise for the adventurous sort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 08:57 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,807,824 times
I'm fairly conservative/libertarian, but if these values are so important to the OP, then perhaps they should evaluate the reasons they want to move from Boise to California.

Don't get me wrong, I hate high taxes, tax increases, unmitigated immigration issues, and white trash, coming from a white trash town, as much as many people. However, you accept and readjust your budget accordingly after paying those high taxes. Without some migrant workers, our strawberry and grape prices are going to skyrocket; really, I don't see white people picking those things. ...which includes white trash, which I saw more than enough of growing up in my hometown.

San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties are probably this person's best picks. However, good luck finding anything reasonably priced by standards of the rest of the nation within one hour of the coast. San Diego and Ventura Counties, though more urbanized/suburbanized, would also be really good picks.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:06 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,824,513 times
Check out Arroyo Grande - close to San Luis Obispo and very temperate climate. Not sure if the housing cost fits your criteria though.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:46 AM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,948,292 times
Perhaps Santa Barbara but then there is that Issue the OP has with Mexicans,
Believe me if you move from Idaho to southern California and call California "Cali",
show disrespect for the unfortunate so called bums and display a racist attitude toward Mexicans regardless of their citizen status you may be high tailing it back to Idaho.

Lame Alert #1: → Using the word Cali ! (worse than calling S.F. "Frisco" instead of "The City"
Lame Alert #2 → Appearing to be a racist by innuendo, (not wanting to be near Mexican folks)
Lame Alert #3 → Starting this post.

I doubt that you will be happy anywhere in California without a radical attitude adjustment.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:02 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,013,955 times
Try Seal Beach. See number 4

Old 01-18-2013, 01:18 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,617,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hrlockouts View Post
Hello,

I'm looking to relocate from Boise ,Idaho to somewhere in California and I need help looking for the perfect city.
Basically I am looking for a beach community that is away from any large city. I'm trying to stay away from the trash, you know the gangs and white trash , or illegal Mexicans, and bums. Does this place exist? This city/town must be in Southern California since the weather is very important to me. I am not concerned with finding a job since i am self employed. I'm not a millionaire either but I would be willing to spend a little more for some place like I described. Please somebody help me find this city/town.
I think your kind might not like California. From what I hear Idaho is perfect for you. You might just want to consider staying there.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:02 PM

596 posts, read 983,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hrlockouts View Post
Hello,

I'm looking to relocate from Boise ,Idaho to somewhere in California and I need help looking for the perfect city.
Basically I am looking for a beach community that is away from any large city. I'm trying to stay away from the trash, you know the gangs and white trash , or illegal Mexicans, and bums. Does this place exist? This city/town must be in Southern California since the weather is very important to me. I am not concerned with finding a job since i am self employed. I'm not a millionaire either but I would be willing to spend a little more for some place like I described. Please somebody help me find this city/town.

You may want to check out Baja California. I'm not sure about the gangs and bums, but I would think that there is little in the way of white trash and the Mexicans are probably legal.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:34 AM

5 posts, read 7,838 times
FYI I used to live in "PB" San Diego so please don't recommend any of the San Diego coastal communities; Im already familiar with SD county.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:42 AM

1,557 posts, read 3,307,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
If you're not in the upper-middle income bracket, you will not find a beach community that meets all of your criteria, at least not in southern California. It's important to understand that beach locales in desirable climates always attract the lowest common denominator of human beings. That's because these are 'easy' locations to live in, so naturally these locations will attract people who take the easiest paths in life. Poverty, drugs, crime, high unemployment... all of these things are part of the package when choosing to live in a desirable beach community.

However, if you do fall into the upper-middle income bracket, you might want to take a look at places like La Jolla, or Laguna Beach. Both places offer high quality living with little to no riff-raff.
Have you even been to Laguna Beach? Homeless people everywhere. You also do not have to be upper middle. There is section 8 housing there.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:12 PM

261 posts, read 512,819 times
Don't know about small and it has been a while but Plya Del Ray always seems quite to me. Not sure if quite is small but its always empty out their. Lots of married people with few kids it seems maybe im wrong. If yuo guys wanna be away from gangs and Mexicans im sure Hermosa, Redondo and P.V (near Bluff Cove) have always been rather family oriented. No drugs--trust me I tried. Very clean but yes crowed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California