Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 08:20 AM

3,475 posts, read 5,279,060 times

Advertisements

Fresno hands down. There is way more to do, better infrastructure, and the aforementioned access to all of the state's best national parks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 08:38 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,366,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
I reside in Bakersfield. For myself only, I choose Bakersfield because I have strong financial ties to the city.

For everyone else who is looking for a progressive city with more to offer, I suggest Fresno.
I'm the same way, I have nothing bad to say about Bakersfield because it's been very good to me, but for someone who wants more things to do and such I would suggest Fresno, if it were not that me and the wife have such good jobs here I would head north myself.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:36 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,286,387 times
I would also have to say to take the position in Fresno and then live in Clovis or NE Fresno.

Bakersfield isn't a bad place, but as others have stated Fresno/Clovis has more to offer for entertainment purposes.

Would you believe back in the 80's I used to drive to Bakaerfield to "get away" from Fresno?

Old 07-08-2011, 10:31 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,703,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I'm the same way, I have nothing bad to say about Bakersfield because it's been very good to me, but for someone who wants more things to do and such I would suggest Fresno, if it were not that me and the wife have such good jobs here I would head north myself.
For everyone, there will always be a better city to live in. This is no exception. Bakersfield is not perfect, but I can manage to find a lot of positives about it than thumbing down on it.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:12 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,751,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
For everyone, there will always be a better city to live in. This is no exception. Bakersfield is not perfect, but I can manage to find a lot of positives about it than thumbing down on it.
It closer to Vegas, thats one positive for me. Plus its got the Crystal Palace "RIP Buck" and great Basque food. Also one the best FFLs in California runs a great shop down there.

So unless your into Country Music, lamb chops, guns and gambling Fresno is probably a better fit.

Sing it Buck!

YouTube - ‪Buck Owens Streets Of Bakersfield Original Version‬‏

Old 07-09-2011, 03:28 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,881,231 times
Not too familiar with Fresno,but if you wanna live somewhere less crowded with less traffic and closer to L.A,Pismo Beach and even Vegas,then choose Bakersfield.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:18 AM

1,077 posts, read 3,241,191 times
If nature is big on your list, then I guess Fresno. But that 2 Hour head start you get going to LA if you live in Bakersfield is a big perk if Disneyland,Magic Mountain and everything else that area offers is your thing. The kind of rough thing about both cities is you judge them by what they are closer too, not what is in the cities themselves.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:15 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,366,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest209 View Post
If nature is big on your list, then I guess Fresno. But that 2 Hour head start you get going to LA if you live in Bakersfield is a big perk if Disneyland,Magic Mountain and everything else that area offers is your thing. The kind of rough thing about both cities is you judge them by what they are closer too, not what is in the cities themselves.
Truthfully both cities have good schools, family activities and such, most of us are just throwing out the big stuff near by. I picked Fresno becuse it is bigger and I'm sure there are more activities than Bakersfield but it's not to say there is nothing to do here.
I don't ever find myself bored with nothing to do, we have the FOX with excellent entertainment, Rabo which host plenty of show, we have movie theaters, clubs and a bunch of places to eat plus it's close to these fun parks and such but we don't have to put up with the crowds and congestion every day.
As far as crime every city will have good and bad areas, Bakersfield and Fresno will be no differant, Bakersfields best area is the North West but there are good areas all around the city.
I would still choose fresno because Bakersfield is just so spread out with no main shopping Mall of any large size and it's not engineered very well where Fresno seems to be engineered much better.
There we go I filled in the City info.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:17 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,703,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Truthfully both cities have good schools, family activities and such, most of us are just throwing out the big stuff near by. I picked Fresno becuse it is bigger and I'm sure there are more activities than Bakersfield but it's not to say there is nothing to do here.
I don't ever find myself bored with nothing to do, we have the FOX with excellent entertainment, Rabo which host plenty of show, we have movie theaters, clubs and a bunch of places to eat plus it's close to these fun parks and such but we don't have to put up with the crowds and congestion every day.
As far as crime every city will have good and bad areas, Bakersfield and Fresno will be no differant, Bakersfields best area is the North West but there are good areas all around the city.
I would still choose fresno because Bakersfield is just so spread out with no main shopping Mall of any large size and it's not engineered very well where Fresno seems to be engineered much better.
There we go I filled in the City info.
What he said.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:59 PM

2 posts, read 10,205 times
Thanks for the input everyone, I just received word that I will be able to spend a few days in each location before I choose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California