Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 09:13 PM

30 posts, read 196,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyygirl View Post
Not comparing the scenery, just the crime maps and personal experience. I am between Centennial Hills and Alliente. Almost bought in Mountain's Edge though. :-) Anything north of Herndon in Fresno is good. Gang behavior is way at the other end of town. My son just bought in northeast Fresno, Nees and Maple. Almost a Clovis address. Nice area there too. Not as big lots as the original Woodward Park. We had occasional ducks in the swimming pool, geese and their goslings strutting down our street at times, and owls at night. Miss all that I must admit. but Las Vegas has it's own kind of beauty. We have not yet moved permanently to LV. Still in Cali. south of Fresno about 40 miles. Feel free to write me directly if you wish.
Thanks, Heyygirl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 01:43 PM

44 posts, read 147,655 times
@DESERTOASIS Anything in 93720 will be good!!

Old 06-24-2012, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,343 times
im also moving to fresno from las vegas and was wondering if the advice given still holds true since its been a year with no activity in this thread lol

Old 06-26-2012, 05:46 PM

4 posts, read 5,125 times
Well a lot has happened in a year my friend. Jerry Brown, our Governor got his "baby" passed through the legislature and into law. This "baby" is called AB109, which for all intents and purposes turns California into the wild west. No longer are DUI suspects, car thieves, home burglars, or anyone committing property crimes locked up. The issue really stems from the public's refusal to fund the prison system. When that happens you have two choices, either pay to lock them up, or let them on the street and Californian's made their choice. The prison system is shedding roughly 44,000 inmates and not taking them back for probation violations, yes I said PROBATION because they are no longer placed on parole. The counties must now deal with the inmates and the counties can't, hence the fingerprint and release of car thieves, DUI suspects and perpetrators of property crimes. Crime is going up, look at Stockton as a prime example, also Fresno is still in the top 3 for car thefts in California, the air sucks terribly. You will probably be one of the only ones utilizing any form of payment other than an EBT card in any given foodsco/winco/foodmaxx as California holds the distinction of having the most welfare cases in the United States, more than the #2, #3, #4 and #5 states COMBINED see [url]http://www.statemaster.com/graph/eco_wel_cas_tot_rec-economy-welfare-caseloads-total-recipients[/url]

There is gang issues but police chief Jerry Dyer does all he can and with the resources he has he really cleaned Fresno up, but with AB109 and zero jail space his hands are tied and Fresno is going back to what it once was. I know Las Vegas pretty much leads the nation in unemployment, but Fresno isn't much better. At least in Vegas they still jail criminals.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:34 PM

1 posts, read 858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertOasis View Post
I'm looking to possibly moving to Fresno, CA (from Vegas) for opportunities. I have read some info that Fresno has thousands of Latino and Asian gangs, which would scare me. But, there was a statistic that Vegas's crime is alot higher. I have been living in Vegas for 6 yrs but do NOT feel unsafe at all. I guess it depends on which part of town one lives. Anyhow, would someone advise me where I can rent a nice and safe apt or condo to live or possibly just rent a room in a house in a nice and safe neighborhood? Also, which neighborhood I should avoid...Also, I have read one thread saying that it's foggy in "winter" time; how foggy is it compared to SF foggy summer time? I have lived in SF for 10 yrs and didnt like that foggy summer at all. Thank you very much for your input.

I grew up in Fresno and moved away 3 years ago. I decided to move to Los Angeles which was nice but to expensive. Then I decided to move to Las Vegas and have been here for almost a year now. In comparison to Fresno it is VERY safe here. Fresno is not a good place to live especially if you are looking for opportunity. If you decide to move the only truly safe place to move would be North Fresno.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California