Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 10:25 PM

3,306 posts, read 4,153,822 times

Advertisements

It was pretty obvious this company had a bad business model, I hope the whole company goes out of business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 05:38 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,728,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I owned a sports franchise team. I cant give out to much more then that here because it became very public meaning that people here could look me up online..

Now one of my businesses is to consult another similar business so they can avoid being sued by someone like me.
So in the end it made you do something you otherwise migth never haver done.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:25 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanoid View Post
It was pretty obvious this company had a bad business model, I hope the whole company goes out of business.
I'm sure the franchise owners will appreciate your comment

Old 06-20-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
I'm sure the franchise owners will appreciate your comment
Nobody forced them to buy the franchise. I love to watch bad ideas crash and burn.

Old 06-20-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanoid View Post
Nobody forced them to buy the franchise. I love to watch bad ideas crash and burn.
Obviously you're not in business

Old 06-20-2008, 03:39 PM

67 posts, read 201,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Cold Stone franchisees feel chill - MSN Money

Sad story, although I never thought you can make much money with this franchise. I love the icecream but IMo the overhead cost are too high. Fresh fruit is expensive, employees need their income and that on a $ 4.- ice cream...you have to sell a lot of ice cream and for many Americans it is very expensive to go there with a family of 4....spending aprox. $ 16.- for 4 ice creams!!, but they taste.....
If I want ice-cream that bad, I'll go to the grocery store and buy a pint. I always thought ice-cream stores were a waste of money.

Old 06-20-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Obviously you're not in business
I'm obviously not in business because I like to see bad businesses fail? I don't get it. Its market justice, I think its pretty awesome.

Old 06-20-2008, 04:17 PM

605 posts, read 2,380,387 times
We're talking about profitability, not popularity here. I, for one, love the concept from a consumer's point of view. It's not in any way aimed at those who would prefer to go to a store to buy ice cream. Every Cold Stone I visit tends to be busy - it's just a shame the numbers behind the scenes don't add up and if any franchisees were misled - that's just bad.

And can we stop feeding the troll? He obviously likes ice cream...

Old 06-20-2008, 04:49 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,005,485 times
Our Cold Stone shop here always has a line of customers. If I'm going to go out for ice cream, Cold Stone (at $4) is a better treat than Dairy Queen's $3+ "royal treats." Sometimes the corporate needs a kick in the pants to improve policies -- I hope they improve things for their franchises and the business thrives.

Old 06-20-2008, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonrob View Post
We're talking about profitability, not popularity here. I, for one, love the concept from a consumer's point of view. It's not in any way aimed at those who would prefer to go to a store to buy ice cream. Every Cold Stone I visit tends to be busy - it's just a shame the numbers behind the scenes don't add up and if any franchisees were misled - that's just bad.

And can we stop feeding the troll? He obviously likes ice cream...
The one in our town is for sale. But it seems as if they have traffic. Another problem is that commercial landlords rent businesses right out of business. It is amazing how much some retailers pay for rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business