Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 04:42 PM

698 posts, read 3,266,477 times

Advertisements

What part of North Carolina did you live and what part of Florida are you moving to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 04:17 PM

DJDSL......So how are you liking Viera? You said you were moving there the first of June and would let me know.???????? Waiting anxiously to hear!

Old 08-23-2007, 05:10 PM

3 posts, read 34,892 times
Default Viera

Florida15, sorry for the delayed post but we have been quite busy getting settled in. Unpacking and painting in addition to a new job.

WE LOVE VIERA! The area has every thing we were looking for in a hometown. I must admit it is not for everybody, some will say the homes are too "cookie-cutter" for their liking. But we like how the area is master planned, well laid out and that there are sidewalks everywhere for walking, running or biking.

We like being close to the beach and far enough from the big city of Orlando that we do not have the hassles that come with that. The Avenue is a great place to shop or dine.

PM me if you need any additional information.

DJDSL

Old 08-23-2007, 06:36 PM

That's okay-I figured you had been VERY busy with the move.

Thank you sooo much for getting back to me so promptly and I'm glad to hear the good news!

Old 12-05-2008, 11:42 AM

40 posts, read 152,372 times
Hi! I live in Viera Fl and love it! We recently moved from Miami, FL and found our home through a fantastic Realtor (Lori Nartatez @ labnart@cfl.rr.com) at Viera Realty and she introduced my husband and myself to an outstanding New Home Sales Consultant for a Custom home builder (JerJef Homes @ JERJEF Homes - Florida New Home Construction, Remodeling, and Renovation in Brevard, Florida) by the name of Gloria Mink (gloriamink@jerjef.com) --She is the only one to work with and made buying a home easy and fun!!! They have several wonderful communities that they are building in and the areas are all beautiful!! We love the layed-back, friendly atmosphere in the area and we are close to everything! Only 15 min to Cocoa Beach and 45 min to shopping/dining/attractions in Orlando, FL. Weather is perfect, little to no crime at all. Great area to raise a family. Good Luck to you!

Old 11-19-2009, 01:49 PM

8 posts, read 40,625 times
I used to live in Palm Bay from 1974-1988. I did enjoy the environment, but at present have been informed by friends that the economy and jobs are no where to be found, at least decent paying jobs over 10/hr. Anyhow, that being said, if you are going to retire, I'd recommend Viera, or the Villages in Ocala. Being near the Space Shuttle program is nice, and although I relocated back home to upstate NY, I do miss the warm climate during the winter months here in NY. But I don't miss the following: Cockroaches/Palmetto bugs/ants/rodents/alligators/mosquitoes/hurricanes/constant hurricanes/ constant rain and high Humidity!...

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/flori...#ixzz0XLBDj8FH

Old 11-19-2009, 07:54 PM

24 posts, read 97,276 times
Amb 2356 sounds like an Nassau Police ambulance in my old County.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:09 AM

I'm surprised and delighted to see posts on here again after almost a year! I'm the OP and just to update everyone.......we still haven't been able to relocate to Viera,but are still interested whenever we are able,so any information and advice is still more than welcome and appreciated. Have you seen any significant changes in the past year good or bad? I know they're suppose to have the new TownCenter in Viera open by the end of next year. Originally,it was suppose to be open this year I thought.????? Looking forward to seeing that. Keep the info,advice and opinions coming! Thanks!

Old 11-20-2009, 04:01 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,364,436 times
Ask your realtor about cdd's. Very important. My take on Viera is no trees, lots of Michiganers who play bunko, and lots of hidden charges. No kidding... ask about cdd's.

Old 11-20-2009, 04:06 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,364,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amb2356 View Post
But I don't miss the following: Cockroaches/Palmetto bugs/ants/rodents/alligators/mosquitoes/hurricanes/constant hurricanes/ constant rain and high Humidity!...
Lived in Vero Beach for 5 years. Never saw a palmetto bug or a rodent. Mosquitoes don't compare to NH. Alligators are only where they belong... in the Everglades. Hurricanes... every 20 years or so, rain only in the summer months, and yes to high humidity.

If you get sprayed quarterly, the only bugs you'll see will be dead bugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County