Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2022, 10:07 AM

6,327 posts, read 5,192,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
You don’t mind then to get it from the vaccinated individual?

And you are saying that vaccinated have not been careless in their behavior?

Remember Provincetown event last summer? Or any other mass spreader events where only vaccinated were allowed?

The virus is an equal opportunity menace as we are finding out..
You're being ridiculous. I'm saying the odds of getting infected from a 100% vaccinated population are very small, and that's undeniable. And like many others who have paid their dues and done everything right for the past 2 yrs, we don't want to blow it now and get sick for short term "gains", especially when the outdoor dining season is almost here.

And yes, I'm very familiar with the P-town event and even posted about it last summer.

Old 02-13-2022, 10:25 AM

5,172 posts, read 2,733,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
You're being ridiculous. I'm saying the odds of getting infected from a 100% vaccinated population are very small, and that's undeniable. And like many others who have paid their dues and done everything right for the past 2 yrs, we don't want to blow it now and get sick for short term "gains", especially when the outdoor dining season is almost here.

And yes, I'm very familiar with the P-town event and even posted about it last summer.
That's not what this Spanish study found:
https://fee.org/articles/spain-s-fir...-unvaccinated/

It's also not what your beloved CDC is saying: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...n-variant.html

Old 02-13-2022, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
That's not what this Spanish study found:
https://fee.org/articles/spain-s-fir...-unvaccinated/

It's also not what your beloved CDC is saying: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...n-variant.html
Missing the point. The vaccinated, especially the boosted, have a different behavior profile than the unvaccinated and are less likely to carry it in the first place.

Old 02-13-2022, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Missing the point. The vaccinated, especially the boosted, have a different behavior profile than the unvaccinated and are less likely to carry it in the first place.
Show me the numbers that support your assertion that the odds are "very small" compared to unvaccinated. Also, account for the vast number of personal profile differences in people which could render them more susceptible. At the end of the day each person's level of risk is different and their own behavior should be driven by that risk, not whether they are around vaccinated or unvaccinated people.

Old 02-13-2022, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Show me the numbers that support your assertion that the odds are "very small" compared to unvaccinated. Also, account for the vast number of personal profile differences in people which could render them more susceptible. At the end of the day each person's level of risk is different and their own behavior should be driven by that risk, not whether they are around vaccinated or unvaccinated people.
I don't need to show *you* anything. Look no further than May - July 2021. When the CDC lifted the masking requirement for the vaccinated, the unvaccinated (unscrupulously) stopped masking too, which led to the Delta explosion across the red states.

Old 02-14-2022, 04:44 AM

Quote:
I don't need to show *you* anything. Look no further than May - July 2021. When the CDC lifted the masking requirement for the vaccinated, the unvaccinated (unscrupulously) stopped masking too, which led to the Delta explosion across the red states.
In other words, there is no evidence of your claims. Got it.

Old 02-14-2022, 07:41 AM

326 posts, read 927,479 times
Quote:
^ clearly worships at the church of St. Fauci of the Perpetual Vaccine, so there is no reasoning with them. Probably one of those who wears a mask alone in the car or jogging outside.

Old 02-14-2022, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmass View Post
^ clearly worships at the church of St. Fauci of the Perpetual Vaccine, so there is no reasoning with them. Probably one of those who wears a mask alone in the car or jogging outside.
Hardly. I've traveled extensively, by air, cross country and internationally over the past 12 months. And I'm living a normal life except for eschewing indoor dining. The difference is--having known 4 people who passed away from Covid, I take this pandemic seriously, unlike the cavalier, conspiratorial attitudes I'm seeing here.

Old 02-15-2022, 04:49 PM

337 posts, read 270,257 times
By the way.
Quote:
Judge blocks Michelle Wu’s Boston employee vaccine mandate, orders injunction

She added that “an injunction would avoid the risk of loss of essential public employees, a harm suffered by the unions and the public alike.”

By Sean Philip Cotter

Updated Feb. 15, 2022 09:07 PM

An appellate judge has ruled against Mayor Michelle Wu, indefinitely extending the court-ordered pause on enforcement of Boston’s employee coronavirus vaccine mandate as the public-safety unions further prevailed in a lawsuit against the city.

Massachusetts Appeals Court Association Justice Sabita Singh issued the order on Tuesday, overturning a lower-court judge’s decision to let Wu go ahead with disciplining city workers who didn’t get the shot.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-15-2022 at 04:56 PM.. Reason: copyright violation, too long

Old 02-17-2022, 07:45 AM

337 posts, read 270,257 times
Also, seems like we are on our way to getting rid of the vaccine passport. Two out of three metric are already met, and hospitalizations are quickly falling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston