Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2022, 07:45 PM

337 posts, read 269,158 times

Advertisements

Boston trade group says restaurants are losing as much as $15,000 a week because customers are put off by new vaccine rules

Old 01-29-2022, 07:49 PM

266 posts, read 236,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
If you can't tell the difference between what those lowlifes were doing were doing and the current vaccine campaign, it's beyond the sphere of rational discussion.
You realize Nazi doctors thought they were doing the right thing too, right?

So did you read The Nazi Doctors? Cause if not just seems weird to me you’d claim to have such a clear understanding of it that you can’t even talk about it

Old 01-29-2022, 08:02 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,118,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebruiser500 View Post
You realize Nazi doctors thought they were doing the right thing too, right?

So did you read The Nazi Doctors? Cause if not just seems weird to me you’d claim to have such a clear understanding of it that you can’t even talk about it
No. It's because I would never lower myself to make such an equivalence. I am not ignorant of the history.

Old 02-05-2022, 02:41 PM

38 posts, read 35,405 times
Is it just me, or are others noticing that few restaurants are checking vaccine status? I visited a very popular Back Bay restaurant this afternoon, and there were no signs nor mention of vaccine requirements. Clearly, the restaurant was intentionally ignoring the directive. The same was true at Panera Bread a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited by lokaydokay; 02-05-2022 at 03:41 PM..

Old 02-06-2022, 07:29 AM

787 posts, read 782,240 times
I was at King's in Back Bay for a bowling league and there was no one at the front entrance checking vaccinations. When I walked up to the counter to ask for shoes the lady asked for proof, but didn't ask for my ID. I showed her my card and that was sufficient. She quickly glanced at it. I am sure I could have printed one off the internet and she never would have noticed.

I wonder how many places are not real serious about this. You think the city of Boston is going to check if these places are checking vaccination status?

I think there was a restaurant that decided to go take out only because they were already short staffed and did not want to require additional staff to check for proof of vaccination.

I keep wondering if this is helping in the long run.

Old 02-06-2022, 10:04 AM

3,973 posts, read 5,779,882 times
Of course restaurants are not checking vaccine cards. As I mentioned in my previous post we niether have the technology set up to quickly and easily check such things nor do we have the will to enforce government mandates like other countries do. If there were any group that would be pro-vaccine card checking, it would be the business owners and staff themselves and if they're not supportive of pro-vaccine card checking, then you can tell the mandate is unenforceable and has failed. This mandate was supposed to protect the restaurant owners and staff, not patrons because individuals too afraid of catching the virus would not even be patronizing indoor restaurants right now.

Old 02-06-2022, 12:09 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,118,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
Of course restaurants are not checking vaccine cards. As I mentioned in my previous post we niether have the technology set up to quickly and easily check such things nor do we have the will to enforce government mandates like other countries do. If there were any group that would be pro-vaccine card checking, it would be the business owners and staff themselves and if they're not supportive of pro-vaccine card checking, then you can tell the mandate is unenforceable and has failed. This mandate was supposed to protect the restaurant owners and staff, not patrons because individuals too afraid of catching the virus would not even be patronizing indoor restaurants right now.
^I'm not sure about this. I have *not* been going for indoor dining, but if I could walk into an establishment where I knew 100% of the people were vaccinated, I would consider it.

Old 02-06-2022, 04:30 PM

325 posts, read 925,860 times
Quote:
^I'm not sure about this. I have *not* been going for indoor dining, but if I could walk into an establishment where I knew 100% of the people were vaccinated, I would consider it.
But if YOU are vaccinated, what are you worried about? (I expect your answer is that the vaccinated can still contract and spread it - if so, then explain the logic of the vax passport again)

Old 02-06-2022, 05:11 PM

10,034 posts, read 15,690,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmass View Post
But if YOU are vaccinated, what are you worried about? (I expect your answer is that the vaccinated can still contract and spread it - if so, then explain the logic of the vax passport again)
It makes no sense, does it?

Old 02-06-2022, 05:20 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,958,170 times
Quote:
Since vaccinated people can spread the disease, what difference does it make? At best it gives you a false sense of security.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston