Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2021, 07:05 AM

2,138 posts, read 2,240,283 times

Advertisements

North Italia restaurant at The Summit

https://patch.com/alabama/birmingham...a-opens-summit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2021, 09:25 AM

1,032 posts, read 680,232 times
Seems like a good upgrade from Macaroni Grill.

Old 03-05-2021, 03:38 PM

Speaking of music festivals TimCity2000

At Sloss Furnace

https://www.al.com/life/2021/03/furn...eadlining.html

https://mobile.twitter.com/FurnaceFe...561410/photo/1

Old 03-05-2021, 06:59 PM

2,467 posts, read 2,302,476 times
^ yeah, that lineup is insane... my 2004 self is going nuts.

Old 03-06-2021, 07:11 AM

36 posts, read 43,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBankhead View Post
Seems like a good upgrade from Macaroni Grill.

I hope you were just kidding. I've been to North Italia out west, and it's another piece of c rao chain that was started by Sam Fox I think, but I think it's own by another piece of crap chain, Cheesecake.

Upgrade? from Brinker? hardly. But go there for yourself for your own opinion based on experience. I look at NorthItalia as another corporate chain like Darden (Olive Garden, Capitol Grill, Season's 52 etc).

This addition to the Summit is worthless and doesn't even merit attention.

Old 03-06-2021, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalumni01 View Post
Legion FC taking on Atlanta United in a friendly rematch this month. Season ticket holders only, tho.

https://bhamnow.com/2021/03/03/birmingham-legion-2/

Yes it's a "friendly" in Soccer parlance, that it means really nothing, but like soccer scrimmage/practice, that's it.

Problem is that many folks (and soccer fans) in Birmingham may not realize that the Birmingham Legion FC is NOT in the same Professional League as Atlanta United FC.

Atlanta United FC is a member of MLS (Major League Soccer....not USL, Birmingham's league).

For readers here that may not be familiar, think Major League Baseball (MLB) playing a AAA Baseball team)....as an analogy only

Old 03-06-2021, 08:13 AM

1,032 posts, read 680,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW Whetstone View Post

I hope you were just kidding. I've been to North Italia out west, and it's another piece of c rao chain that was started by Sam Fox I think, but I think it's own by another piece of crap chain, Cheesecake.

Upgrade? from Brinker? hardly. But go there for yourself for your own opinion based on experience. I look at NorthItalia as another corporate chain like Darden (Olive Garden, Capitol Grill, Season's 52 etc).

This addition to the Summit is worthless and doesn't even merit attention.
That's all incredibly interesting. I always think about who some guy is sitting at the top of some corporate pyramid that brought to me the bite of food I just put in my mouth. But since Macaroni Grill is gone, this place has a pretty good lead over it - IMHO of course. Thank you for giving me permission to go there myself and try it out.

Old 03-06-2021, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW Whetstone View Post
Yes it's a "friendly" in Soccer parlance, that it means really nothing, but like soccer scrimmage/practice, that's it.

Problem is that many folks (and soccer fans) in Birmingham may not realize that the Birmingham Legion FC is NOT in the same Professional League as Atlanta United FC.

Atlanta United FC is a member of MLS (Major League Soccer....not USL, Birmingham's league).

For readers here that may not be familiar, think Major League Baseball (MLB) playing a AAA Baseball team)....as an analogy only
We all know what it....yeah, I think so.

Last edited by mcalumni01; 03-06-2021 at 12:21 PM..

Old 03-06-2021, 02:14 PM

ICYMI...

https://www.birminghambusinessallian...ba-in-the-news

Old 03-06-2021, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBankhead View Post
That's all incredibly interesting. I always think about who some guy is sitting at the top of some corporate pyramid that brought to me the bite of food I just put in my mouth. But since Macaroni Grill is gone, this place has a pretty good lead over it - IMHO of course. Thank you for giving me permission to go there myself and try it out.
If you have share with which location of North Italia :has a pretty good lead over it (Macaroni Grill)
Which one did you visit?
I've only been in San Diego and the one in Nashville.....BOTH marginal

Second thought, you said you need to "try it out for myself", SO YOU HAVEN'T EATEN AT ANY OF THEM !!

Look......."try if out" then, and give your own review...otherwise your opinion about N I doesn't matter one bit, right?

Good grief
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area