Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 05:42 AM

10,125 posts, read 14,087,001 times

Advertisements

I know the game just happened last night but one of the things I kept hearing constantly last night, is that it's time to get rid of Bosh. I think people have unrealistic expectations of him. People were expecting him to bang more, be more aggressive inside, but he has never been that. He is simply a finesse player, who is at best a complimentary star. The problem with Bosh is in order for you to maximize his talents, you need a big that compliment him more. Someone that will bang, rebound, score inside but doesn't have to be the main star. Unfortunately players like that are few and far between, so people expect Bosh to things that he may not be capable of doing. With that said, he is going to make $19 million and he scored 0 points in the biggest game of his career and one of the biggest games of your franchise's history, is he worth keeping or do you look for some complimentary pieces that fit better with this team?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 05:52 AM

76,959 posts, read 48,138,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
I know the game just happened last night but one of the things I kept hearing constantly last night, is that it's time to get rid of Bosh. I think people have unrealistic expectations of him. People were expecting him to bang more, be more aggressive inside, but he has never been that. He is simply a finesse player, who is at best a complimentary star. The problem with Bosh is in order for you to maximize his talents, you need a big that compliment him more. Someone that will bang, rebound, score inside but doesn't have to be the main star. Unfortunately players like that are few and far between, so people expect Bosh to things that he may not be capable of doing. With that said, he is going to make $19 million and he scored 0 points in the biggest game of his career and one of the biggest games of your franchise's history, is he worth keeping or do you look for some complimentary pieces that fit better with this team?
If they can find someone like Hibbert, then it should be good bue to Bosh.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:11 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,746,160 times
In the Heat offense, he's been relegated to being a spot-up shooter. He can be a solid 2nd option on a team where he's got a defending/rebounder center( like Tyson Chandler for example).

Old 06-21-2013, 08:03 AM

2,198 posts, read 2,758,806 times
They would be better off trading Wade, but that's extremely unlikely to happen.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:07 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,746,160 times
Wade when healthy is still a great second option. The bolded is the main issue....nowadays he rarely is. Personally I think he's bulked up a bit too much and could stand to lose about 10-15 pounds, would take the pressure off those knees and regain some quickness.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:09 AM

79,551 posts, read 61,763,472 times
They will shop Bosh and if they can get a good deal for him, then that will be that.

He's a good player but IMO somewhat redundant to the Heat with thier scoring.

However, he's a good shooter that spreads the floor and you just won a 2nd championship.

IMO keep him and add a big on the bench.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:09 AM

4,836 posts, read 12,083,672 times
The team just won the NBA finals. Bosh had some good and important games in the playoff run and people want to tal about trading him?!

If some great deal comes to the table, maybe. But Bosh is an All Star player. He is a border line hall of famer. I don't see him going anywhere. I do see the Heat making moves though to bring in a new guy or two.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:21 AM

79,551 posts, read 61,763,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Wade when healthy is still a great second option. The bolded is the main issue....nowadays he rarely is. Personally I think he's bulked up a bit too much and could stand to lose about 10-15 pounds, would take the pressure off those knees and regain some quickness.
Wades health issues make Bosh more valuable. They will need Bosh's scoring more if Wade is out or playing fewer minutes etc.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:49 AM

2,198 posts, read 2,758,806 times
Wade just wrecks the Heat's offense sometimes. He is an atrocious 3-point shooter and poor midrange shooter which kills spacing, and both he and Lebron need the ball in their hands on offense to be effective. Neither moves well without the ball or is a spot up threat.

In the 2010 finals the Lakers did not guard Rajon Rondo outside of the paint. Kobe played a free safety type of position where he roamed around the court helping on everyone else. The Celtics basically played 4 on 5 on offense most of the time and that's the main reason they lost. It's not quite as bad with Wade, but the same thing happened this series and it really hurt the Heat at times.

Wade's plus/minus this series was -54. As poorly as Ginobli played and as much flack as he got, his plus/minus was only -32. The Heat got outscored this series when Wade was in the game by nearly 8 points per night, and still managed to win. I'm not sure they can keep doing that against teams like Chicago, Oklahoma City, and Indiana, or even the Spurs if they make it back.

Lebron and Wade do not compliment each other, they get in each other's way. Wade's rebounding is very important since the Heat have nothing inside, and he plays good defense. Every once in a while he gets hot and has nice scoring stretch, but I don't think the positives outweigh the negatives.

Bosh's problem is that, unless his midrange jumper is falling, he also needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He needs to be isolated in the high post and have time and spacing to face, size up, and try to drive on the defender. He basically is only effective scoring two ways- high post isolation drives, and spot up jumpers, and his spot up jumper is very streaky. He has no back-to-the-basket game. On the defensive side he's undersized. He tries very hard and sometimes does a decent job but we saw in this series that he just can't defend Duncan and was very over matched. If the game is being called tightly he really has no chance. If the officials are allowing contact like in game 7, he can be somewhat effective. He's not really a very good rebounder either. So if his spot up jumper isn't falling, he's usually not contributing much on this team.

Unlike San Antonio's big 3s, and Boston's of a couple years ago, the Heat's big 3 aren't a very good fit. I would explore trading both Wade and Bosh, but preferably Wade since he's a worse fit and probably has higher trade value. The odds of the Heat shopping Wade are probably extremely low though. They might consider trading Bosh though.

Last edited by EugeneOnegin; 06-21-2013 at 08:59 AM..

Old 06-21-2013, 09:02 AM

10,125 posts, read 14,087,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
The team just won the NBA finals. Bosh had some good and important games in the playoff run and people want to tal about trading him?!

If some great deal comes to the table, maybe. But Bosh is an All Star player. He is a border line hall of famer. I don't see him going anywhere. I do see the Heat making moves though to bring in a new guy or two.
I agree, but I've heard many, many complaints about him. Getting rid of him was one of the first things I heard a few people on my facebook feed say as the game was ending and this was before the game was decided. Maybe it's a bit pre-mature for those individuals to say that, but it is something that I think has some merit. Is a team really willing to pay that much money to a player that has that little an impact on a major game. As other have said, he's basically has become a role player. It kind of reminds me how Orlando used Rashard Lewis a few years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball