Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 08:04 AM

45,601 posts, read 27,230,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
You would keep Sefolosha in the starting lineup. There would be way too many scorers in the starting lineup. Having Kevin Martin coming off the bench would balance the lineup. And just because he is coming off the bench doesn't mean he won't play a lot. They could give him similar minutes to James Harden. Harden played 31.4 mpg last year off the bench and Kevin Martin played 31.6 mpg starting, so what's the difference?
Wait - I got confused - I thought he was saying Harden should be the 6th man. Now I see he was saying Martin should be the 6th man - I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 08:06 AM

45,601 posts, read 27,230,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I can't believe he actually turned a contract down by OKC when he was missing in all 5 games of the NBA finals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
^^ Thank you! And in the long run, wasnt it over just a $6M difference?
He probably could have made up the $6M in endorsements from being part of a successful OKC team. Now in mediocre Houston, he will disappear from the high profile radar.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:37 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,052,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
6 mil over 4 years. this is exactly why i say there is more to the situation then just the $$$ you dont send the 6th man of the year, an Olympian, and one of the team and local favorite players away over 6 mil in 4 years. you just dont.

I;m guessing because he didn't show up in the Finals?

Old 10-31-2012, 08:46 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,100,025 times
didnt show up? he was down from his average ppg by about 4 pg, while being guarded mostly by dwade who is a very good defender. every other stat he was either up or even with his season averages.

the latest i hear is harden wanted a trade exception in his contract and the thunder didnt want to offer.

it doesnt have anything to do with him having a mediocre series on his 1st trip to the nba finals at the age of 22.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:55 AM

8,632 posts, read 13,011,237 times
Assuming both players will be in the starting lineup, who will play point guard?

Old 10-31-2012, 08:58 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,052,771 times
Quote:
didnt show up? he was down from his average ppg by about 4 pg, while being guarded mostly by dwade who is a very good defender. every other stat he was either up or even with his season averages.

the latest i hear is harden wanted a trade exception in his contract and the thunder didnt want to offer.

it doesnt have anything to do with him having a mediocre series on his 1st trip to the nba finals at the age of 22.

He missed tons of open jumpshots in the Finals and they got nothing from him off the bench

Old 10-31-2012, 09:31 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,100,025 times
harden missed some shots, didnt shoot all that well but again he had wade who is a well above average defender on him most of the time.
also the most shots harden took in any single game was 11 in game 2 when he shot 7 of 11 and game 5 where he went 5/11.
he still shot nearly 40% which considering westbrook shot about 5% better but took nearly 3x as many shots im gonna say old russell had as much to do with hardens shooting and the losses as anyone.

bottom line teams dont make decisions like this based on a single series. harden was one of if not the most loved player in OKC by the fans, hell they put a giant beard on the arena for the playoffs. he was a loved locker room guy, and the 6th man of the year. he had very good series leading up to that finals. there is more to the story then anyone is telling us, and it has nothing to do with 2-3 bad games in the finals, considering he had at least 2 very good games.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:32 AM

1,742 posts, read 6,143,334 times
He should get rid of the beard and hair unless he starts dying it like Rodman.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:59 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,897,806 times
Quote:
there is more to the story then anyone is telling us, and it has nothing to do with 2-3 bad games in the finals, considering he had at least 2 very good games.
I'm with you on this... it will come out eventually though. It's hard to keep secrets in this day and age.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:13 PM

612 posts, read 844,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Assuming both players will be in the starting lineup, who will play point guard?
Harden's very effective controlling the rock, his finishing ability and getting to the hoop/free throw line is as good as his shooting, and with that being said, Harden's a great off-the-ball player, I don't foresee any problem with Lin having the ball in his hands most of the time, not that Harden won't play lead guard here and there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball