Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 05:48 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,711,184 times

Advertisements

Who cares?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 05:51 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,455,490 times
haha

Old 02-27-2012, 06:47 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,940,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
Which is stupid and another reason why I hate that network. Some of the biggest idiots in journalism are hired by ESPN.

Yeah, they'll rip him tomorrow. But if he would have sank a shot at the buzzer and won the game for him, they would have ripped him saying "Wow look how selfish LeBron got in an All-Star Game and just had to be the attention ***** and make the last shot himself".

It's a joke. Just like ESPN had a story every night about LeBron leaving Cleveland from 2008 until 2010 when he left. Then, suddenly, they feel bad for the city of Cleveland? Why, their the ones who wouldn't let Cleveland enjoy him because no matter what we heard stories about how he was going to leave and blah blah blah. That was cool to do, but now the cool thing to do is bash LeBron, which is what they do every night.

Wow, sorry to go off on a rant lol.

I've yet to see one pro Cleveland story in the media and the whole LeBron drama pretty much removed any remaining respect I had for ESPN as I felt they were openly rooting for him to leave and wouldn't be surprised if they at least indirectly (along with Nike, David Stern, etc) tampered.

In a way though, they all got screwed b/c I know the NBA, EPSN, and all LeBron's sponsers wanted him in NYC and they didnt get what they wanted either.

At the end of the day though I just say let the guy be. Root for him? Never, but we've all moved on. We were not going to win a title with him the way the team was set up anyway. A total rebuild would have been necessary whether he stayed or not. No one here in NE Ohio really cares about him anymore. We are all too busy watching our new young players get better every week.

Of course, in a few years if Kyrie Irving ends up an all star and is coming up on the end of his rookie deal you can bet that the media will be urging him to leave too.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:46 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,123,301 times
I was stunned the East came back because I was convinced the game was going to end in a blowout

Old 02-27-2012, 11:04 AM

531 posts, read 2,902,303 times
Must read article--apparently Kobe, who was guarding him, was taunting him and daring him to shoot and Melo was shocked he didn't shoot the ball. Try and find the video of their reaction after the turnover, it is fascinating.

If his past wasn't an issue, no one would even be talking about this.

Given chance to win NBA's 2012 All-Star game, LeBron James takes a pass - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Old 02-27-2012, 12:51 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,149,490 times
You could see it with Lebron, he didnt want the last shot. He's great at scoring until it really is on the line.....then its a hot potato. He was upset after the game....

Old 02-27-2012, 01:03 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,721,764 times
I think Lebron is just afraid to fail. Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe have all failed in the clutch at one time or another, it only enhanced their legacy when they didn't allow past failure to impede them ( hell, Kobe shooting 4 airballs in a row in the 97 playoffs could have derailed his confidence before his career even got off the ground). Lebron is at a level where he's expected to take the shot, NOT doing so time and time again damages his legacy moreso than taking the shot and missing.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:13 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,123,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I think Lebron is just afraid to fail. Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe have all failed in the clutch at one time or another, it only enhanced their legacy when they didn't allow past failure to impede them ( hell, Kobe shooting 4 airballs in a row in the 97 playoffs could have derailed his confidence before his career even got off the ground). Lebron is at a level where he's expected to take the shot, NOT doing so time and time again damages his legacy moreso than taking the shot and missing.
I remember saying to my friend in 1997..."why the hell would they let a 18 year old take that shot in a playoff game?" LOL At the time I could not understand why he was chosen to take the shot unless he decided to take it on his own. I can't remember

Old 02-27-2012, 01:19 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,162,808 times
I'm going to go outside on a limb here. Besides the last few seconds of that game. Lebron looked about as clutch as I've ever seen him. He single handedly along with Anthony brought the east back in that game. He had clutch three after clutch three. Where he went wrong was wanting to bring his boy Wade home. Giving it to Wade was a bad idea. For one Wade had just missed an easy shot to tie the game and two, that pass was too difficult. He should have either shot it himself, or gave it to Anthony who was wide open. I'm not going to read to much into this. If anything, I think Lebron showed up last night whereas Wade and other's didn't. I definately don't blame that loss on Lebron. They wouldn't have been in it without him..Plus to come back from what they were down, when the West really wasn't showing any signs of let up was pretty remarkable..Lebron actually won points from me for once. Ok, he screwed up in the end..He should have never taken the ball out. I was a bit shocked by that. I was like what? Even if he wasn't going to shoot it, with how hot he was, they would have double teamed him. Don't understand that decision, but that's life..

Old 02-27-2012, 01:37 PM

531 posts, read 2,902,303 times
Kobe & Melo killing him for not taking the last shot. Actually I think Melo is upset because he was open. But Kobe is just killing him here...

Kobe Bryant F*cking take the shot Lebron James 2012 NBA all star game - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball