Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2012, 01:46 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,710,561 times

Advertisements

Personally I'd like to see a Bulls-Thunder or Heat-Thunder final. I have no real preference either way, but there's some compelling individual matchups to be found no matter what, like Rose-Westbrook or Lebron-Durant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 01:58 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,052,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Personally I'd like to see a Bulls-Thunder or Heat-Thunder final. I have no real preference either way, but there's some compelling individual matchups to be found no matter what, like Rose-Westbrook or Lebron-Durant.
The Thunder will not be in the Finals, more like Heat/Spurs

Old 02-26-2012, 02:42 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,710,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Thunder will not be in the Finals, more like Heat/Spurs
I said what I'd LIKE to see, not necessarily what will happen. And while I think the Thunder are a year away, it wouldn't shock me at all to see them breakthrough this year.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:48 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I said what I'd LIKE to see, not necessarily what will happen. And while I think the Thunder are a year away, it wouldn't shock me at all to see them breakthrough this year.
I would like to see the Spurs vs some other east team besides the Bulls and heat because thats no one is expecting that.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:29 PM

78,477 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
I would like to see the Spurs vs some other east team besides the Bulls and heat because thats no one is expecting that.
Yeah, but I'd *gladly* put down 5k that the ECF champ is the bulls or heat at even odds.

IDK. The west is a bit schizophrenic this year, hard to say. I'd take OKC if a gun were pointed at me.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:32 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, but I'd *gladly* put down 5k that the ECF champ is the bulls or heat at even odds.

IDK. The west is a bit schizophrenic this year, hard to say. I'd take OKC if a gun were pointed at me.
They probably will go the Finals since they will have HCA all through the playoffs

Old 02-27-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
They probably will go the Finals since they will have HCA all through the playoffs
I'd take the Bulls and Heat at 7th and 8th seeds.

HCA isn't *that* big of a deal in those 7-game playoff series IMO.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:50 AM
FBJ

Quote:
I'd take the Bulls and Heat at 7th and 8th seeds.

HCA isn't *that* big of a deal in those 7-game playoff series IMO.
You don't see a road team win a game 7 in the conference finals too often. The last time it happened in the West I think is when the Lakers won game 7 at Sacramento in 2002

Old 02-27-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
You don't see a road team win a game 7 in the conference finals too often. The last time it happened in the West I think is when the Lakers won game 7 at Sacramento in 2002
That's statistically biased by the fact that the home team is *typically* the better team per regular season record and of course the home court is worth something.

My point is that the Bulls and Heat are enough better than the rest of the east that I don't think HCA would be sufficient for any of the other eastern teams to bump them off.

Right now I give the HEat the edge the East because both teams have improved but the Heat still have a solid lead in playoff experience. Last years experience and adding Rip helps though.

Bulls vs. Heat will be awesome to watch for years to come.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:24 PM
FBJ

Quote:
That's statistically biased by the fact that the home team is *typically* the better team per regular season record and of course the home court is worth something.

My point is that the Bulls and Heat are enough better than the rest of the east that I don't think HCA would be sufficient for any of the other eastern teams to bump them off.

Right now I give the HEat the edge the East because both teams have improved but the Heat still have a solid lead in playoff experience. Last years experience and adding Rip helps though.

Bulls vs. Heat will be awesome to watch for years to come.
If the Bulls face the Heat again and only wins 1 game again then their season will be considered a failure
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball