Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2011, 11:30 AM

433 posts, read 877,091 times

Advertisements

what combination of three players you would like to see on the same team that can compete with miami in the east...

I think the key is D howard... no one on miami can gaurd him plus he will impact the game on the defensive end... I would like to see him in Newjersey with deron williams and maybe try to get andre Iugadala to come off the bench... IA is a really good defender and I think he would excell as the number three option... I also like brook lopez... I think d howard would benefit from playing with a more physical team instead of purely perimeter players... They can fill the bench with shooters and role players... what do you think
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 12:46 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,213,312 times
Rose howard

Old 06-01-2011, 03:02 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,855,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy eyes 1979 View Post
what combination of three players you would like to see on the same team that can compete with miami in the east...
Dirk
Shawn
Jose

Old 06-01-2011, 11:21 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,414,872 times
Kobe
Carmelo
Dirk

Old 06-02-2011, 05:48 AM

3,569 posts, read 7,213,312 times
I thought only ec players could be mentioned

Old 06-02-2011, 05:54 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,115,947 times
im still trying to figure out where the title of this thread came from? eastern conf dominance of what the east?

Old 06-02-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
im still trying to figure out where the title of this thread came from? eastern conf dominance of what the east?
The way the teams are constructed now there is no reason to believe that Miami will not be in the finals every year for a while... Only Chicago can contend and I dont see them getting over the hump with Boozer

Old 06-02-2011, 07:43 AM

Quote:
The way the teams are constructed now there is no reason to believe that Miami will not be in the finals every year for a while... Only Chicago can contend and I dont see them getting over the hump with Boozer
this doesnt say the east is dominant over the west this means the heat are dominant over a very weak east. last i checked the east still has teams with losing records or barely 500 records making the playoffs. i mean the 8 seeded griz would have been the 5 seed in the east record wise. there are IMO 4 teams in the west that could easily be in the finals today with a tweak here, better chemistry there, experience over there and so on. the heat have an outstanding team but so did the 1 title celtics, so did the 1 title pistons. who knows next year bosh gets a big head, lebron decides he is the next coming of MJ, and wade jacks his shoulder up AGAIN and they implode. all very real possibilities.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
this doesnt say the east is dominant over the west this means the heat are dominant over a very weak east. last i checked the east still has teams with losing records or barely 500 records making the playoffs. i mean the 8 seeded griz would have been the 5 seed in the east record wise. there are IMO 4 teams in the west that could easily be in the finals today with a tweak here, better chemistry there, experience over there and so on. the heat have an outstanding team but so did the 1 title celtics, so did the 1 title pistons. who knows next year bosh gets a big head, lebron decides he is the next coming of MJ, and wade jacks his shoulder up AGAIN and they implode. all very real possibilities.
Sounds like you're in denial.... Those are not legitimate reasons... I'm from Cleveland and I can still see the obvious...Lebron isn't even in his prime yet plus they will make minor upgrades to the roster in the future...Weather the bottom feeders in the East are any good is irrelevant because the Heat will still come out on top.. Their best players are young unlike what the celtics ages were when they first made the big trades....I'm not saying they will win it all every year but I can see the Heat coming out of the East Every year...That is why I posed the question in the first place

Old 06-02-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Sounds like you're in denial.... Those are not legitimate reasons... I'm from Cleveland and I can still see the obvious...Lebron isn't even in his prime yet plus they will make minor upgrades to the roster in the future...Weather the bottom feeders in the East are any good is irrelevant because the Heat will still come out on top.. Their best players are young unlike what the celtics ages were when they first made the big trades....I'm not saying they will win it all every year but I can see the Heat coming out of the East Every year...That is why I posed the question in the first place
ok so once again because the east has 1 or 2 or at best 3 good teams that can compete against each other and the other 12-13 teams in the conf are weak and have little to no chance of winning that makes THE EAST dominant? it might make for a dominant team but not a conf. case in point the average win % of the east is .468 (thats a losing record but a decent shooting %) and for the west, .529, yes the west average is over 500. the east top teams get a bit of an inflated record by playing weaker opposition more often then the west. if teams in the west played NJ, nyc, washington, cleveland, detroit, toronto 4 times a season instead of 2, thats a very likely 12 extra wins just right there. hell the clippers had 2 more wins then detroit who where 11th in the east. 2 less then 10th charlotte ( bobcats made playoffs last year didnt they? )
as a mater of fact with the exception of minny the wests teams have better records then every team in every spot. minny tanked and tried to get the #1 pick but lost out lol.

bottom line the west is still the conf to beat from top to bottom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball