Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 09:23 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,194,488 times

Advertisements

Lol as someone who's been raised to be a die hard Cubs
fan I'm totally enjoying seeing everyone wearing their Cubs gear now....

Last Cubs game I was at was 1985 the Crosstown Classic--
Rowdy crowd, to say the least lol

Then, a few years later after I got into TV work I met
Sammy Sosa & filmed a commercial w/ him & another Cub....
They were awesome to meet & work with

I think both teams rock-
But I really wanna see the Cubs go all the way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 06:03 PM

4,674 posts, read 3,876,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Lol as someone who's been raised to be a die hard Cubs
fan I'm totally enjoying seeing everyone wearing their Cubs gear now....
There are lots of people jumping on the Cubs bandwagon now. As a die hard Cubs fan, you're OK with that? If so, I'm impressed. There are a fair amount of Cubs fans across the border here in Wisconsin. I'm not a Cubs (or Brewers) fan. I admit the bandwagon mentality irks me because 2 months ago those who are now all of a sudden cheering on the Cubs, couldn't tell you whether they won or lost the night before. Now I have co-workers talking about the Cubs, & I just shake my head.

You've got to live & breathe with them during the losses (& bad seasons) if you want to enjoy the wins.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:02 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,188,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
There are lots of people jumping on the Cubs bandwagon now. As a die hard Cubs fan, you're OK with that? If so, I'm impressed. There are a fair amount of Cubs fans across the border here in Wisconsin. I'm not a Cubs (or Brewers) fan. I admit the bandwagon mentality irks me because 2 months ago those who are now all of a sudden cheering on the Cubs, couldn't tell you whether they won or lost the night before. Now I have co-workers talking about the Cubs, & I just shake my head.

You've got to live & breathe with them during the losses (& bad seasons) if you want to enjoy the wins.

Where'd all the Cub fans go??

Old 10-21-2015, 09:08 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,182,637 times
Back To The Future's prophecy powers are apparently weaker than Cub Curse powers.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:10 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,465,282 times
It's all over but the crying once again! Maybe next century!

Old 10-21-2015, 09:19 PM

34,112 posts, read 17,172,839 times
Cubs had a terrific year, and this will not be last time we see this matchup in October.

They need more pitching, even if it cost them a hitter or two who matters. But they have some real talent, and were simply overwhelmed by stupendous NYM pitching. 35th inning before Cubs got >1 run in an inning.

I'm a Met fan, but quite impressed by the Cubs.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:50 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,417,617 times
Default Great season for the Cubs

I'm a die-hard Cubs fan. I don't follow baseball that closely anymore, but I've been very intrigued by the Cubs this year. They had a great season, so nothing to be ashamed of, being swept by the Mets. Next year, come back stronger, even better prepared.

Old 10-22-2015, 04:49 PM

570 posts, read 1,003,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Back To The Future's prophecy powers are apparently weaker than Cub Curse powers.
Well if you go on the Cubs' season ending in a sweep on 10/21/2015, then Back to the Future II got it right. Million-to-one odds anyway. Or go on the "alternate 2015 timeline" theory.

Old 10-22-2015, 09:59 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,666,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I admit the bandwagon mentality irks me because 2 months ago those who are now all of a sudden cheering on the Cubs, couldn't tell you whether they won or lost the night before. Now I have co-workers talking about the Cubs, & I just shake my head.

It's baseball, dude. There are 162 games. Even die-hard fans forget when their team plays during April-August.

"True" Cubs fans should just consider themselves lucky that they are finally good enough to have a bandwagon. Of course, being Cubs fans, they have to complain.

Old 10-22-2015, 10:05 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,666,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
I have been getting annoyed by the BTTF/Cubs nonsense people have been spouting.

The USA Today in the film said "Cubs Sweep Series in 5." That means the World Series, in the movie world, was a best-of-nine contest. We all knew it wasn't possible for the "prediction" to come true before the playoffs even started.

The newspaper also said the USA was preparing for Queen Diana's visit and we've known that could not happen since 1997.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball