Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 10:26 AM

384 posts, read 594,959 times

Advertisements

Delta First/BusinessElite FLL-ATL-BOS-AMS (Long)

Hey there,

At the start of the new year my parents had decided to take a vacation to Europe before life events would interfere with future vacations. Originally the plan would be to go to Rome but it was changed to Amsterdam as that is where our cruise would leave from. My mother and I's tickets were purchased entirely from Skymiles, while my father paid for his ticket with money. Without further ado, enjoy!

FLL-ATL
Flight #: Delta 2326
Aircraft: 757-200 (752) With IFE
Date: 3 July 2012
Seat: 7C, First class

After a rather uneventful morning, I arrived at FLL with my parents. Using the Sky Priority Lane, we were quickly passed through and soon on our way to security.

Delta Sky Priority check-in at FLL.

Security was the same as always: Take your shoes off, remove your laptop, and put your bag in the scanner. Nothing much new there. (Note: No pictures of the security lane, thanks to another a.netter for reminding me)
We had some time to kill, so we headed to the Sky Lounge/Crown Room. My dad produced his Platinum Medallion Amex at the front desk and we were let in.

Entrance to FLL Sky club.

Delta Sky Club interior.

I have been to the (EX) Continental Club at FLL, and it is nothing compared to the Delta one. This club had food (pastries and hot oatmeal) and a full bar, while the Continental Club (when I was there) had little more than munchies.

Pastries at the Sky Club.

Hot oatmeal at the Sky Club. Unlike my last trip report, the oatmeal was just right. With a little brown sugar, it tasted like heaven.

Bar at the Sky Club.

After we got some drinks and food, we relaxed for bit. The Sky Club has free internet service if you are using your own device, which is very nice. The oatmeal they had was delicious with some brown sugar, and I had a cup of it.

Our consumable selction. You can also see my father's laptop.

After about 30 minutes, the front desk came on the intercom and announced our flight was boarding. Just the right amount of time!

Gate D8, my second home.

The gateway to Atlanta, a 752 with IFE.

Another 757 going to Salt Lake City.

The boarding of the flight went as usual. When I got on the plane, I was pleased to see that it was one of the 752s with IFE. As always, complimentary Dasani water, a small pillow, and a small blanket were provided in every First Class seat.

First Class cabin during boarding.

First Class seats during boarding.

It seemed that after boarding I had sat in the wrong seat, 7D instead of 7C, and my mother sat in 7C instead of 7B. Thankfully 7D didn't mind about the unintentional seat poaching, and happily took 7B.

Complimentary mini Dasani water bottles and headphones.

Rear of First Class Seat.

My view out of the window.

All settled in.

Soon after the boarding stopped, we were granted clearance to take off. Today's takeoff would be to the east with a turn to the north to align with our destination, ATL.

Smoking is not allowed on any Delta flight.......

and Federal law prohibits tampering with or destroying a restroom smoke detector.

Taxi for takeoff

Takeoff to the east.

As this was just a short regional hop to Atlanta, no meal service was provided. Snack basket service was offered instead.

Cabin shortly after takeoff.

Coke, Biscoff, and mini pretzels. Besides the usual Biscoff, Pretzels, and lightly salted peanuts, they also had apples, bananas, chips, and chocolate.

Delta branded Biscoff macro shot-have been wanting to do this for a while.

Cruise

After a short while, the captain came onto the PA and announced that our approach was beginning. Tray tables up, seats fully unreclined, and we were ready to land.

Approach into ATL.

Delta Techops. For those who don't know, Delta's Logistics and maintenance center.

Final. I have always wondered why ATL is built on a mound, perhaps to decrease the risk of flood damage?

Touchdown.

Taxi to the terminal was relatively quick. In my experience Delta has the best taxiing times at ATL. Deplaning was mediocre: Despite the flight attendant politely asking the Y+ and Y pax let the F class passengers to depart first, the entire Y cabin was trying to elbow their way out the whole time. Oh well.

My family had some time to spare in ATL, so we decided to take the tram to the Skyclub (forgot which concourse, sorry). One thing that is heavenly about this Skyclub is that it is right next to Chili's2Go, meaning food is only a short walk from the club.

Wright flyer sculpture near our arrival gate.

Lufthansa Senator lounge, I wanted to go in but it was closed.

Escalator to the Skyclub and Chilis2Go--note the elevator is out of order. I don't mind, as waiting for the elevator on a peak day would take longer than using the escalator.

Skyclub entrance.

Once granted admission at the front desk, I quickly started spotting. Of course, I saw more 752s than I could shake a stick at.

Captain doing his preflight check of his MD-90.

Munchies at the Skyclub.

Main Sky Club room.

Big windows for spotting--excellent for any aviation enthusiast.

After slugging down some beverages and munching on Deltas' snacks, the boarding call for our flight to BOS came. ATL was very crowded on such a day, it always seemed like I was running into someone even if I was walking in the right place.

God bless all of our active, reserve, and veteran members of our armed forces. May God be with you in the service.

ATL-BOS
Flight #: Delta 2288
Aircraft: 757-200 (752) With IFE
Seat: 4D, First class

After the initial trudge to the gate, I was surprised to see that I couldn't see the ship today's flight would be on. Earlier I had tracked this flight and the schedule was an MD90 with the occasional 752 substitute. The boarding process went as usual, with passengers in zone one (First Class) called first.

Walking down the jetway, I stopped at the gangway and my heart skipped a beat.

This was no MD90, but a 752 with IFE! Instantly thanking my lucky stars for not being on a MD90, I sat down in my seat, 4D. (If anyone was wondering why I am lucky to not be on a MD90, it is due to the fact that I have heard that they are horribly cramped, even in F class.)

My mother and I's seat row, 4C and 4D. Note the pillow, blanket, headphones, and water bottles.

On this flight, water bottles, headphones, and a small pillow and blanket were waiting at each First class passenger's seat.

My mother's seatback pocket had some trash it in from the previous user-yuck!

My mother and I's PDBs--Served in plastic on the ground to cut back on glass usage.

Captain during the boarding process.

View out of the window.

Taxiing was done after the last Y passengers boarded. Like I said, Delta has their best taxiing times at ATL, and we were onto the active runway, 26R (Heading 260) in a flash.

The scant presence of American Airlines at Atlanta.

The CRJ-200, Delta's babyjet and currently the smallest airplane in their fleet.

The active runway of the day, 27R (heading (274).

Takeoff to the North.

Not long after we passed the 10,000 feet marker (electronics eagerly in hand), one of the flight attendants came around to all the F class passngers taking lunch orders. In domestic F, menus are not used, but you are told your choices. Strangely enough, the meal choice was identical to the first leg of my last Delta trip report (FLL-LGA): A marinara sandwich or cold chicken salad.
As standard fare, hot towels were served.

Orders taken and hot towels being served.

Table cloth laid.

Drink orders fulfilled, this time in real glassware.

Only after downloading the pictures to my computer did I realize I forgot to take a picture of the entree! No worries, it was identical to the meal served on my FLL-LGA flight so I will substitute that one.

Chicken Marinara sandwich on pretzel roll, fresh fruit, Ruffles potato chips, and peanut butter brownie. Not bad!

After the meal service, water was served.

First Class cabin about 30 minutes before final.

After a rather uneventful flight, we soon made our turn to final. The descent was rather smooth despite a breezy day in BOS.

Final, showing the suburbs around BOS.

Touchdown.

The taxi to the gate was rather smooth sailing, a little longer but I didn't mind, seeing as I hadn't been to BOS in a long time.

A trio of international aircraft: British Airways 747-400, Lufthansa 747-400, and Alitalia A330-200.

The Luck of the Irish-A Aer Lingus A330-300.

American Airlines 757 with the international visitors.

Another American Airlines 757.

A splash of US Airways.

Terminal after leaving the gate.

We decided to go to the Skyclub (as always).

Entrance to the Skyclub from the terminal. Taking the stairs actually was faster than the elevator, as my family found out.

Entrance to the club (Sorry for the bad image, I was rushing along)

Main Sky Club room.

Soon after we enjoyed the club, the front desk came onto the PA and announced that the Amsterdam flight was boarding immediately. We grabbed our bags and headed to the gate. This would be my first BusinessElite flight.

BOS-AMS
Flight #: Delta 230
Aircraft: A330-300 (A333)
Seat: 3G, BusinessElite

The boarding of the flight began as we arrived, and the gate agent asked if we were seated in zone one (Business class). Our boarding passes scanned, we walked down the jetway to the ship.

Delta A330-300, my ride to Amsterdam.

Jetway to the ship.

"Gangway" of sorts into the ship. The flight attendant in the back was somewhat rude, to say the least. Perhaps I just looked young, but when I asked where my seat was (first time on A333) he glared at me and pointed to the back of the Y cabin saying "You're back there" as if I didn't belong in BusinessElite. Only after telling that I was in seat 3G he muttered "You're up there," pointing to the J cabin.

BusinessElite cabin during boarding.

Full size pillow, quilted duvet, noise canceling headset, and amenity kit. These seats are former Northwest Airlines World Business Class slanted lie-flat seats. The backrests used to be cloth with a checker pattern and the "sitting area" and legrest used to be gray leather. When the merger occurred, the seats were kept as-is for a while and then covered in full Delta blue leather.

Sitting in the seat, I quickly was amazed at two features of the seat: How small the seat controls were and how large the IFE screen is. The seat controls looked much larger in pictures that I viewed, but the IFE screen was just magnificent.

Large 8-inch IFE screen.

Seat controls.

The purser came around with orange juice, mimorosa, and champagne (really sparkling wine). I chose the orange juice. Not long after that, the purser came around again with a newspaper cart. The choices were USA Today, The New York Times, or the Financial Times. As I wanted to catch up on some world events to make the time fly by, I took an USA Today. Following that was the delivering of the dinner menus.

Dinner and Pre-arrival menu, the next page had a biography of Michelle Bernstein and a wine menu.

Taxi and takeoff went by pretty quickly. Shortly the meal service began, with a starter hors d'oeuvres of warm nuts and a beverage. They were good, but the nuts dried me throat a bit. Not a problem if you have a chilled glass of coca-cola nearby!

BusinessElite cabin during boarding. Unlike Delta's A330-200 aircraft, the BusinessElite cabin on the A330-300 is one large cabin as opposed to the one large and one small BusinessElite cabin found on the A332.

Coca-cola and warm nuts. The tablecloth was laid by the purser soon after.

Once the warm nuts were gone, the appetizer came out. It was good, but a little on the cold side.

Duck breast, Rice Salad, Pumpkin Bisque, and Pretzel roll (not pictured). The service of the flight attendant was outstanding throughout the meal. She came around with a bread basket and always asked if we would like another roll once we were finished. Sweet simplicity.

Half-eaten mixed Green salad with your choice of dressing, and your choice of bread roll (pictured here is a Pretzel Roll). I took the Balsamic Vinaigrette after reading a similar trip report, and I was not disappointed.

Entree-Vegetable Pasta with your choice of roll. It came out lukewarm, I am unsure of whether it was supposed to be hot or not. Either way, it tasted delicious.

Desert was a choice of an ice cream sundae, Belgian chocolate cheesecake, or a selection of fine fruits and cheeses. I went with the cheesecake, while my parents went with the ice cream. Both sounded very good.

]

Ice cream on the dessert cart. I notice not many people mention the "cookie" in the sundae in their meal descriptions. It is more of a straw than a cookie, as it is hollow with no filling.

Dessert cart showing the ice cream sundaes, Belgian chocolate cheesecake, and cheese/crackers/wine/cognac plates. Sorry for the blurry pictures, the purser was moving quite fast! I notice not many people mention the "cookie" in the sundae in their meal descriptions. It is more of a straw than a cookie, as it is hollow with no filling.

Belgian chocolate cheesecake with whipped cream and strawberry garnish. I enjoyed every single bite.

After the meal service had ended, I decided to hit the sack. These seats are angled lie flat seats, so they are not completely flat when slept on. A small fold-out footrest is attached the the bottom of the legrest of the seat to prevent you from slipping down the seat.

Seat in bed mode with IFE folded out. The IFE is a little to high to be viewed comfortably while the seat is fully reclined. A fix to this is two bring the back rest up a bit which allows you to watch the IFE while you're "in bed"

I awoke a few hours later, just a tad too late to receive a pre-arrival breakfast/snack service. We were vectored in to our approach, and soon we were taxiing to the gate. We quickly went through customs and arrived at AMS's train station. It cost 23 Euros to get us to the Amsterdam City center in F class (train). We walked down to the platform and got on the train.

Amsterdam Airport

Train's F Class. There is really no difference between the classes save for the number of passengers and upholstery on the seats.

We spent the whole week touring Amsterdam and Cologne, Germany. While in Cologne we were notified by Holland America Line that our cruise cabin had been upgraded from a verandah to a Deluxe Verandah suite. As this is not a cruise forum I will only provide a few pictures of the cruise.

Boarding gate for the MS Prinsendam in Amsterdam. Ironic how this ship visits my home town of Fort Lauderdale many times during the year.

Customs line taking forever.....

Side of MS Prinsendam. Although these pictures makes it look large, it is one of the smallest cruise ships out there owned by Carnival PLC(Parent company of Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruise Lines, Seabourne, Holland America Line, Cunard Line, and Costa Cruises.), holding only 835 passengers.

Boarding one of Hollanda America's smallest ships, the MS Prinsendam.

My mouth was dry with excitement as I ran to the suite on the second to top deck. This would be the first time I had ever been in a large suite aboard a cruise ship!

And here it is-The "Vancouver" Deluxe Verandah Suite. All Deluxe Verandah and Penthouse suites aboard MS Prinsendam are named after famous nautical people.

Deluxe Verandah Suite Living Room.

Deluxe Verandah Suite "office"--If you ever get to watch a cruise ship safety video, they are about three times longer than an Airline safety video. You can also see my father filling out forms.

Deluxe Verandah Suite Verandah balcony

Deluxe Verandah Suite Bedroom, Bathroom, and desk.

Two weeks later, as the cruise drew to a close, it was time to go back home to America. Home sweet home.

AMS-BOS
Flight #: Delta 231
Aircraft: A330-300 (A333)
Date: 24 July 2012
Seat: 3G, BusinessElite

Entrance to AMS airport

Departures level of AMS aiport

After waiting in the Skyteam Check-In line, we went to customs. After customs was cleared, boarding passes in hand, we went to the KLM lounge. The food and beverage selection was much better than the selection at ATL or BOS, and it was very clean.

Doing a bit of amateur spotting on the way to the KLM Royal Dutch Crown lounge.

KLM Crown Lounge Entrance

KLM Crown Lounge Interior

KLM Crown lounge food selection.

KLM Crown Lounge juice and wine selection.

KLM Crown Lounge hot beverage selection (1).

KLM Crown Lounge Hot Beverage selection (2).

KLM Crown lounge full alcohol bar.

After enjoying every bit of the KLM Crown Lounge and starting to grow accustomed to it, boarding for our flight back to BOS was called. Walking briskly to the gate, I was surprised to discover that security is done at each individual gangway.

Our gate to the flight back to BOS, with security checkpoint.

It turns out that we got there a little early, and had to wait for about twenty minutes. Since all of the benches were taken up, we had to stand, which I didn't mind. Later, BusinessElite passengers were called to board.

Business Elite Seats during boarding.

My seat, BusinessElite 3G, during boarding.

BusinessElite cabin while boarding.

As usual, a PDB of orange juice, mimorosa, or champagne (Sparkling wine) were offered, as were dinner menus and newspapers. I didn't take one this time around, as I just wanted to sleep after waking up early to catch the flight.

Complimentary full size pillow and quilted duvet, noise canceling headset, and Amenity kit. Not picture: Mini bottle of water.

Last edited by LPDAL; 10-26-2013 at 11:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 11:50 AM

Lunch menu.

Since there was no passenger sitting in 4G, I was able to get a picture of the mechanics of the seat.

Security seal, so you don't try to steal the life vest as an airline souvenir.

BusinessElite Cabin during final boarding.

Taxi to takeoff was a little longer than expected due to the high traffic factor at AMS that day. We took off to the north and made a turn to line up with our course to BOS.

About a minute after we passed 10,00 feet, a CBP video came on, describing how to sucessfully clear customs in America. It was very confusing, as one a.netter mentioned in his trip report, even for a native English speaker.

After the CBP video ended, the meal service began with a hot towel delivered to each BusinessElite passenger. Once everyone was done with the hot towels, warm nuts and drinks were served.

A hors d'oeuvres of warm nuts and beverage service (1. They were crunchy and good.

A hors d'oeuvres of warm nuts and beverage service (2.

Once the nuts were all gone, the lunch service began, first with a draping of tabecloths.

Tabecloth.

Appetizer: Shrimp and rice salad, your choice of roll, and Ginger/carrot soup. The shrimp could've used a little more seasoning, but the soup was downright perfect. I wish I could had more of it, infact.

Mixed greens salad with your choice of dressing and roll of your choice. The salad was good, I just wish I could've had a tad more dressing with it.

Entree: Boneless Chicken Breast with sweet glazed Barbequed Onions and your choice of roll. The onions ontop of the chicken were extremely delicious, and the pretzel roll I had was the icing on the cake.

Just then, I snapped a photo of the cabin.

BusinessElite cabin during Lunch service.

Closeup of the chicken.

After the lunch service had concluded, dessert was offered. The choice this time was between an ice cream sundae, a pear almond tart, or a selection of fine cheeses and crackers. I choose the sundae with chocolate sauce (no chopped nuts or strawberry sauce).

Top of the dessert cart, showing the fine cheeses, crackers, and ice cream toppings.

Middle of the dessert cart showing the scooped ice cream sundaes and pear almond tarts.

Bottom of the dessert cart showing the scooped ice cream sundaes.

Dessert: Ice cream sundae with chocolate sauce and hollow wafer cookie.

After the dessert service was offered, I went up to the bathroom but stopped by the galley.

Looks like not all of the traces of NWA have been removed.....

After my bathroom visit, the duty free shopping cart came around. They had a neat little model plane set, so I bought it. Wasn't even that much, what a steal!

Die-cast model plane seat on my seat's mini table.

Everyone was closing their windows at that point, so i decided to hit the hay. I reclined my seat fully and slept until the pre-arrival snack.

BusinessElite cabin during "lights out"

Seat fully reclined-Now you can see why it is called a "slanted" lie flat seat.

I woke up a few hours later to the pre-arrival snack being served. The turkey and cheese sandwich wasn't in stock so they changed to a marinara enclosed sandwich, which had the same sauce as the domestic marina chicken sandwich.

Entree: Enclosed marinara sandwich, "Shaved salad", and chocolate truffle.

Just as I was finishing up the meal, the flight attendant took the small plate in the upper left corner of my tray, and returned with a molten chocolatechip cookie. It practically melted in my mouth, it was so good!

Molten hot chocolate chip cookie close up.

An hour later, we landed. Unlike the mad rush on my first flight, the flight attendants made sure that the BusinessElite passengers were the first to leave. I applaud their initiative!

My ship from AMS docked in BOS, next to a 764 (not pictured) heading to LHR.

Customs took an average amount of time, and we rechecked our baggage to go back to ATL. For the next two hours we stayed in the BOS Skyclub. I did a little bit of spotting, too.

Delta 752

Fedex 727-An oldie but a goodie!

752 and my A333 from AMS docked at the gate.

After what seemed like an eternity, the boarding call was issued for my flight back to ATL.

BOS-ATL
Flight #: Delta 2201
Aircraft: 752 (No IFE)
Seat: 3D, First class

Dashing to the gate, we arrived just in time. Zone one (first class) passengers were being called, so we showed our passes and boarded.

The plane to ATL, a 752 (No IFE)

Our gate to ATL.

Once onboard, I was struck by two things: Firsty, there was no IFE, and the seats in F were very large. They were almost armchairs.

F Class seats during boarding.

Complimentary water.

PDB: Ginger ale in a plastic cup, to save the real glasses for in-flight.

Taxi and takeoff was surreal: It was almost the same time as when I arrived at BOS, which is a rarity for me. Takeoff performance was pretty fast. This time, once we passed 10,00 feet, dinner service was offered. The choice was between a roast beef sandwich or a cold chicken pasta salad. I chose the salad, while my seatmate (not related to me) got the sandwich.

Tablecloth laid.

Drinks served: A chilly glass of fresh Coke.

At this point the cabin was almost the temperature of arctic tundra, and the captain came on the PA and apologized for it. The cabin then quickly became room temperature again.

Cold chicken with pasta salad, fresh fruit, bread sticks, and brownie.

My seatmate also let me take picture of the sandwich:

Roast beef sandwich, lettuce and tomato toppings, fresh fruit, Ruffles Potato Chips, and brownie.

Entertainment on this flight was limited to a selection of in-seat audio channels, and an overhead monitor with a few TV episodes on loop.

Overhead monitor.

First Class cabin during cruise.

A hour passed, and the captain announced that we were on final. There was beautiful sunset outside of the window, giving excellent light for pictures on final.

Downtown Atlanta during final.

Delta Techops during final.

Touchdown.

Like I said earlier, Delta has the best taxiing times at ATL, and we were at the gate and off in a flash.

Deplaning at ATL.

After we deplaned, it was a little late at night, so we decided to rest in the Skyclub.

One of ATLs' many Skyclubs.

Full Service Bar at the Skyclub.

Munchies at the Skyclub.

I did a bit of spotting after I had some snacks and a ginger ale.

ATL tarmac at sunset.

Soon after that, we left for the gate to go to FLL, home sweet home.

ATL-FLL
Flight #: Delta 1657
Aircraft: MD-88
Seat: 3D, First class

Our gate to FLL.

Shortly after we arrived at the gate, Zone 1 (first class) was being called. I was incredibly sleepy at this point but still managed to keep myself up to take pictures.

First Class seats during boarding. Complimentary water bottles, a small pillow, and a blanket were provided. These seats have movable "winged" headrests.

My seat, seat 3D on this MD-88s' four rows of first class.

Back of seat. They have labeled pockets for all the paperware.

Complientary Dasani water bottles.

PDB served in plastic to cut back on glassware usage on the ground.

After I took that photo, I literally passed out in sleep until we were taxiing to the gate in FLL, so no more photos, sorry! We did enjoy an expedited baggage claim, and we were at home and sleeping soon after that.

---

Thanks in advance for all repsonses!

Old 10-26-2013, 11:52 AM

Sorry for the broken pictues, I will fix the rest when I get home.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:05 PM

2,347 posts, read 3,339,167 times
You have GOT to be an active participant on Airliners.Net. I was once.....many years ago when it was a young scrappy site and trip reports like this were quite common.

I have to say that I love your enthusiasm and there are some pretty decent pictures in there (as an aside, I have no airliner pictures post 9/11 so all of mine are now considered 'vintage'). You remind me of myself in that I feel the need to document EVERYTHING. And not just candids, but carefully choreographed and with the right f/stop, aperture, and ISO settings as well. Some of the interior shots and the lighting suggests that when it comes to photography, you know what you are doing. Either that or you have some incredible auto focus. Either way, many of them came out great.

Looks like you really enjoyed yourself and I know this post took some time and effort to put together.

But...a word of constructive criticism: a single post containing THAT many pictures is going to crash some laptops and phones. If someone opens this post and is on a dialup or slow speed connection, you will immediately have an enemy for life. Either cut it back (load as attachments instead of IMG code for instance. Or at least put a better description (WARNING: LOTS of pictures) in the subject line.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
You have GOT to be an active participant on Airliners.Net. I was once.....many years ago when it was a young scrappy site and trip reports like this were quite common.

I have to say that I love your enthusiasm and there are some pretty decent pictures in there (as an aside, I have no airliner pictures post 9/11 so all of mine are now considered 'vintage'). You remind me of myself in that I feel the need to document EVERYTHING. And not just candids, but carefully choreographed and with the right f/stop, aperture, and ISO settings as well. Some of the interior shots and the lighting suggests that when it comes to photography, you know what you are doing. Either that or you have some incredible auto focus. Either way, many of them came out great.

Looks like you really enjoyed yourself and I know this post took some time and effort to put together.

But...a word of constructive criticism: a single post containing THAT many pictures is going to crash some laptops and phones. If someone opens this post and is on a dialup or slow speed connection, you will immediately have an enemy for life. Either cut it back (load as attachments instead of IMG code for instance. Or at least put a better description (WARNING: LOTS of pictures) in the subject line.
Thank you for the advice!

Old 10-29-2013, 08:20 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,920,044 times
No offense, but a bit overindulgent. Taking a picture of biscuits?
Dude...this belongs on your facebook or on your personal blog website if you have one, not here.

I got to AMS all the time, do you think you are the only one? I thought something significant happened. Not "hey I traveled on a plane to AMS and nothing happened and here are 30 pictures showing that nothing happened".

Old 10-29-2013, 08:51 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,607,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
No offense, but a bit overindulgent. Taking a picture of biscuits?
Dude...this belongs on your facebook or on your personal blog website if you have one, not here.
For real!

I'll give the OP credit though... he has just ruined my trip to NY next month. I am extremely disappointed in the fact that I spent $380 on a round trip coach ticket instead of $2500 on a first class ticket... and will miss out on a tablecloth, roast beef sandwich and a complimentary bottle of Dasani water.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:01 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,920,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
For real!

I'll give the OP credit though... he has just ruined my coach class trip to NY next month. I am extremely disappointed in the fact that I didn't spend $1500 on a first class ticket and will miss out on a tablecloth, roast beef sandwich and a complimentary bottle of Dasani water.
haha, A business class Int'l ticket is more like $15,000. I am Delta Platinum and get first class upgrades all the time on domestic but Delta doesn't upgrade on international. My company will only pay coach when they send me to Europe...but if traveling for pleasure with my wife I will shell out the miles to get business class international just for a treat, I have miles to burn anyways. But, it's never worth paying for it - you are still flying in a stuffy metal tube no matter what class you are in and for 6 hours of the 8 hour flight Delta has the lights off and you sleep.

Delta Skyclubs which I get free access to are a joke - so filled with people and loud children that I sometimes leave it and go to the gate just to relax. I see the OP didn't get the new Delta lie flat seats in business class either. Wow talk about a rip off.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:54 AM

1,161 posts, read 2,451,232 times
I have flown business on Emirates and Qatar. Talk about a genuinely pleasant travel experience (and no, it wasn't because of the bottled water. Anyone in coach/economy can get all the water they want by asking). The food was superb as was the media package.

But the sad reality of flying business or first is that it doesn't get you to the destination any quicker. No matter how far back you may be able to recline or lie down you're still not getting a proper night's sleep. I'd much rather spend the extra money on a good hotel and first rate restaurants.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:01 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,607,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
haha, A business class Int'l ticket is more like $15,000. I am Delta Platinum and get first class upgrades all the time on domestic but Delta doesn't upgrade on international. My company will only pay coach when they send me to Europe...but if traveling for pleasure with my wife I will shell out the miles to get business class international just for a treat, I have miles to burn anyways. But, it's never worth paying for it - you are still flying in a stuffy metal tube no matter what class you are in and for 6 hours of the 8 hour flight Delta has the lights off and you sleep.

Delta Skyclubs which I get free access to are a joke - so filled with people and loud children that I sometimes leave it and go to the gate just to relax. I see the OP didn't get the new Delta lie flat seats in business class either. Wow talk about a rip off.
You quoted my response just as I was editing it for accuracy! I even went and looked up a first class ticket for my trip next month! LOL

$15,000? Wow. Does that include a complimentary 65" 2060p TV?

I am taking the red eye flight out of Seattle next month leaving at 10:30pm with a 6am arrival at Dulles... I did pay for economy plus seat upgrade ($20) each way for some extra legroom while I try to sleep and it still only brought my round trip ticket to $380.

I guess I am going to miss out on that complimentary $14,620 bottle of water. Maybe next time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation