Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the better looking car?
Hyundai 23 38.98%
Infiniti 36 61.02%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 06:07 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,093,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
I may be blind, but looks to me like the same styling engineer did them both. Could be the same car from different model years or different trim packages.

At least in the photos in this thread.

Question, where is the Hyundai built? Same question for the G?

A more salient question might be how do they compare in the parking lot when you are actually able to see and drive each. I'm curious about build quality and specs, and... which car will be holding together 5, 10, or 15 years down the road.

I personally want a car that has to spend as little time in the shop as possible. None, ideally.
Hyundai's have been reliable for years, plain and simple (I owned a 2002 Accent as a beater). Hyundai build quality is very good in each price segment as well and even matches up with more expensive makes. The G37 definitely has a better interior that but comes along with the price difference. The Genesis coupe interior isnt awful, just not very premium feeling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 07:50 AM

6 posts, read 18,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
So, fkag, I read your posts, and was curious...

Which do you like better, the Genesis or the G?
of course the better care the genesis

Old 12-10-2009, 11:31 AM

14 posts, read 46,319 times
I personally like the G37 a lot. A good friend of mine has one and it is an awesome car. Another reason is that Infiniti has a better name recognition with quality then Hyundai. A lot of people still view Hyundai as a cheap car even though they are working hard to change that.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:22 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,934,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
I wouldn't buy either one myself. I'm sure they're both fine cars. Hyundai people are very defensive. I don't know why.

It has to do with people labeling the brand as cheap, when it no longer is. It has to do with people comparing the first generation Hyundai's with the Hyundai's of today and thinking they're the same piece of crap they once were. It has to do with people who've never sat in, say, a Genesis coup calling them cheap and looking like junk based on the brand. It has to do with people who've bought into a name brand calling other brands cheap and junk because all of their friends do. And why do they do that? Read the above.

And, no. I don't own a Hyundai. But I would.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:06 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,535,531 times
I like how the Genesis coupe looks. The G37 looks too feminine and too much like the last model and the Altima coupe.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:21 AM

418 posts, read 809,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
I like how the Genesis coupe looks. The G37 looks too feminine and too much like the last model and the Altima coupe.
i just bought the altima coupe a week ago today....she can move, and she turns heads.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:13 AM

859 posts, read 2,829,360 times
My pick would be the Genesis Coupe hands down. The older G35 couple was a nice looking car before they let it get all bubbly. The G37 is just an ugly car.

Yes the Genesis still has some catching up in the refinement department but it does cost 10K - 15K less depending on options and the performance numbers are pretty close as well. It wouldn't take much to make the Genesis quicker than the G37. Certainly not 10 - 15K.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:49 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,697,549 times
Looks wise they are very similar, but I prefer the lines on the G37 better. I also think it is the better overall package. However, I am not sure it is $10-$15k better than the Hyundai, which is exactly what Hyundai was going for.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:42 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,535,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Looks wise they are very similar, but I prefer the lines on the G37 better. I also think it is the better overall package. However, I am not sure it is $10-$15k better than the Hyundai, which is exactly what Hyundai was going for.
I would just suggest getting a used G37 coupe for the same price as a new Gen or Altima coupe if one is interested. I also think they are overpriced new. The new IPL version is 50 grand, ridiculously overpriced.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:22 AM

5,994 posts, read 20,093,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
I would just suggest getting a used G37 coupe for the same price as a new Gen or Altima coupe if one is interested. I also think they are overpriced new. The new IPL version is 50 grand, ridiculously overpriced.
The cars are actually priced very well. Few will go for the limited production IPL line (I personally wouldn't) and the non IPL versions are priced attractively. The G37 coupe is definitely a bit more bubbly than the G35 which took some getting used to but its been on the market long enough that it doesn't bother me. It's definitely a more mature, refined package.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive