Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 10:22 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,866,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banger View Post
I currently own an 06 Benz and an 08 Beam, I have had NO PROBLEMS with either.

I read the reviews and shake my head, how is it that myself and everyone else I know have no problems or virtually no problems and yet they rate very low in Consumers Reports.

Makes me wonder.

You can't take the reports at face value; there are alot of factors that can affect the outcome. also which two models do you have; some are worse off than others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 12:05 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,210,581 times
We've owned two Audis with no electrical problems at all. We've actually had only minor fix-it-in-five-minutes problems.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:44 PM

969 posts, read 2,820,114 times
I just got rid of 2 BMW's (both 2001, one with 100k and the other with 39k). One of them never had a problem because we never drove it. The other was a part time job just trying to keep everything working for more than 15 minutes at a time. I liberated myself last week with a used infiniti G35. I love the Bimmer's (Yeah, the cars are called Bimmers, the motorcycles are Beamers) but you have to be rich to buy one and even richer to buy a used one!

Old 09-30-2008, 02:14 PM

990 posts, read 2,557,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXpert View Post
I just got rid of 2 BMW's (both 2001, one with 100k and the other with 39k). One of them never had a problem because we never drove it. The other was a part time job just trying to keep everything working for more than 15 minutes at a time. I liberated myself last week with a used infiniti G35. I love the Bimmer's (Yeah, the cars are called Bimmers, the motorcycles are Beamers) but you have to be rich to buy one and even richer to buy a used one!
Call it what you wish. By writing the check every month, I get to call it what "I want". Soooo..... it's a "Beamer" to me.

So I guess the Bavarian staatspolizei will just have to come and slap my wrist.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:58 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,356,008 times
I don't recall many electrical gremlins at all in any of my German vehicles. I've had three 911's, still have a 993, three Bimmers and two BMW bikes. My '87 325is still ran like a new car when I sold her at 245k miles. None of my 911's have ever had an electrical issue that wasn't caused by my own tinkering with auxillary mods like HID's, hardwiring a radar detector, iPod adpator, etc. Last week I had to replace the battery in my 2003 330i and I've had both front window regulators replaced under warranty.

Dealer also replaced my stereo for free when, while installing my factory iPod adaptor, I couldn't get it to work and, after pulling the date codes found that the radio was two years older than my car and thus not compatible with the factory iPod kit for my year. Kind of a freak thing there.

I will say the best thing about my 993. It's a '96 C2 with 64k miles. Still has the original factory battery. Sometimes it sits for a month at a time and always fires up like a champ, east coast winter or AZ summer. A/C has never been serviced and it still blows ice cold.

On my '05 1200GS I had the gear selector pot go bad at about 21k miles, left me stranded in San Diego. But the dealer replaced it under warranty.

I can't say enough good things about the reliability of my German fleet. I drive/drove them all like I stole them, plenty of track miles too. They are as reliable as the day is long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive