Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 02:19 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,146,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
And I posted that photo of the '69 Charger Daytona because it was relevant to the thread, too. (I would rather own that than the Bugatti). Big deal!
Yes yes yes, we know what you'd rather have because you take every opportunity not just to tell us but to post pictures no matter how tenuously connected to the actual topic of the thread. If we acknowledge for all time what your preferences are, will you PLEASE return the favor by letting the rest of us have a conversation about something other than muscle cars and Cadillacs for a change? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 02:54 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,298,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I dont care if you post pics on a related thread, but posting pics of a buffugly Charger on a thread about a Bugatti is just wrong.
"Ugly" would fit that Bugatti much more than a Charger Daytona! The Daytona doesn't look like it was squashed like the Buggati does!

Quote:
Post pics of that Charger on www.geriatricracingleague.com (broken link) and show those who care.
Thanks for the advice, but as long as I don't break the rules of this forum, I will post any photo I want if I feel it is relevant to the thread. Actually, I restrain myself from posting pics of my cars and other cars I like. There have been a few threads in which I was tempted to but didn't. So consider yourself lucky!

Old 09-22-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Yes yes yes, we know what you'd rather have because you take every opportunity not just to tell us but to post pictures no matter how tenuously connected to the actual topic of the thread. If we acknowledge for all time what your preferences are, will you PLEASE return the favor by letting the rest of us have a conversation about something other than muscle cars and Cadillacs for a change? Thank you.
As I said to Steve, I have actually restrained from posting too many photos.
If I try to continue the restraining will you PLEASE stop whining! Thank you.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:21 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,359,841 times
Quote:
"Ugly" would fit that Bugatti much more than a Charger Daytona! The Daytona doesn't look like it was squashed like the Buggati does!
Ever heard of "form follows function"?

Old 09-22-2008, 06:40 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,688,287 times
Quote:
As I said to Steve, I have actually restrained from posting too many photos.
If I try to continue the restraining will you PLEASE stop whining! Thank you.
Don't "restrain" yourself, Fleet . . . you have every right to be extremely proud of your fleet (yes, pun intended) of Cadillacs!

Bugattis are fantastic vehicles but definitely out of reach for most, if not all, of us as are most of the Classics from Europe. A Beautiful Classic Cadillac is equally as rewarding and obtainable.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Ever heard of "form follows function"?
Yes, and I also know an ugly car when I see one.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Don't "restrain" yourself, Fleet . . . you have every right to be extremely proud of your fleet (yes, pun intended) of Cadillacs!

Bugattis are fantastic vehicles but definitely out of reach for most, if not all, of us as are most of the Classics from Europe. A Beautiful Classic Cadillac is equally as rewarding and obtainable.
Thanks, Mr. Bummer.

I will continue to post photos of classic Caddys (including mine) and muscle cars when I think it will fit in with the thread. Drover and Steve can just skip over the photos if they wish; that way others in the forum, like you, can still enjoy them.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:19 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,359,841 times
Quote:
Yes, and I also know an ugly car when I see one.
Uh, apparently NOT.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:04 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,415,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
Where could I drive 253mph @ that isn't on a track without crashing??
the autobahn

Old 09-22-2008, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Uh, apparently NOT.
Aren't you the guy who likes the rear-end styling of the Corvair? If so, that tells me a lot right there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive